JACK COLBACK: WORTH A PUNT FROM NEIL WARNOCK?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:11 pm

SHOULD CARDIFF JOIN LEEDS AND BIRMINGHAM IN CHASE FOR PREMIER LEAGUE MAN?
By Chris Gallagher

Jack Colback is well and truly out of favour at Newcastle United and a move away seems inevitable in January, with both Leeds and Birmingham reported to be interested.

Colback played a role as the Magpies won promotion to the Premier League under Rafa Benitez last season but has fallen out with the Spaniard this campaign.

Therefore he will be available in the upcoming window, but should Cardiff make a move for him ahead of their rivals?

The Bluebirds aren’t blessed with a massive squad and Colback’s versatility along with his ability would surely strengthen Neil Warnock’s squad.

Football League World asked the question…

George Dagless

Maybe.

Perhaps the only thing Cardiff really lack is promotion experience and so signing Colback would help that out.

Whether or not he’d get into such a settled Bluebirds side, though, is something that is up for debate.

Sam Rourke

Colback would be a useful signing for a number of Championship sides, and Cardiff would be an ideal destination.

Warnock would be the perfect manager to help revitalise the midfielder’s form, and get him playing week in, week out.

Get involved Warnock!

Adam Simeoni

The player would be a fantastic addition to Warnock’s promotion push.

Colback is a classy player, and would perform wonderfully in any Championship side. If he was given the chance at a club like Cardiff, he could go on to become one of their most influential men.

Alfie Burns

Colback has his critics, but he is a solid Championship midfielder, who would improve most squads in the Championship.

Neil Warnock has often put his faith in experienced heads throughout his career, and you would imagine that Colback would be a player he has at least looked at, as the experienced manager looks to make the additions to push Cardiff over the line in the race for promotion.

For me, it is worth the Bluebirds taking a punt.
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 1842 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: JACK COLBACK: WORTH A PUNT FROM NEIL WARNOCK?

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 pm

I would love to sign him but we wont.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Isn't he on £45k a week? Unless Newcastle subsidise heavily I don't see value for money there
langstoneBlue

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:17 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Isn't he on £45k a week? Unless Newcastle subsidise heavily I don't see value for money there

Could be a 'loan' deal and City could look at it again come May ;)

For some reason, Benitez isn't playing him and he'd fit well into our squad :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm

He would be the type of signing who would take city from a tense promotion scrap to a team who gets promoted comfortably.
thomasblue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Sven wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:Isn't he on £45k a week? Unless Newcastle subsidise heavily I don't see value for money there

Could be a 'loan' deal and City could look at it again come May ;)

For some reason, Benitez isn't playing him and he'd fit well into our squad :ayatollah:

I think a couple of loan deals for quality is the way we'll go.
Sneggyblubird

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:17 pm

If we're still in second come jan, tan might be inspired to put his hand in his pocket. If warnock believes one or two moves loans or perms could carry us over the line he might just get what he wishes for. Although with inflated jan prices it's really hard to see who we'd buy.
nubbsy

Postby KWest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

High wages, from what I've read. Benitez couldn't bring new players in until he shipped on people like Colback, who turned down offers to stay on his silly wage.

If he pissed off Benitez enough with his poor attitude to the point that it ended his career at Newcastle, I don't see Warnock wanting anything to do with him.
KWest

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

There's only one ginger monster
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

would be perfect, and the wages could be justified in some respects if there was no fee involved.

however we cant be signed people permenantly on these wages so i hope its not a trap we (again) fall into
paulh_85

Return to General Chat