Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin to get run of games?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am

Interesting point raised on Blakey’s boot room yesterday. Will Tomlin get a run of starts? I personally think Warnock will unleash him for the final push of the season, much like Malky bringing in Kim and Mutch to the XI having not started the first half of the season when we went up.

Hope we see him on at Reading, a weak technical side that we can really have a go at and won’t have to do much to over come physically!

Up the City!!!

Re: Tomlin to get run of games?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 am

bloobird97 wrote:Interesting point raised on Blakey’s boot room yesterday. Will Tomlin get a run of starts? I personally think Warnock will unleash him for the final push of the season, much like Malky bringing in Kim and Mutch to the XI having not started the first half of the season when we went up.

Hope we see him on at Reading, a weak technical side that we can really have a go at and won’t have to do much to over come physically!

Up the City!!!

well i hope if this is the case, unleashing Tomlin has a more positive effect than what happened with Mutch and Kim...
although the football was a bit easier on the eye we only won 3 of our last 13 games..

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
bloobird97 wrote:Interesting point raised on Blakey’s boot room yesterday. Will Tomlin get a run of starts? I personally think Warnock will unleash him for the final push of the season, much like Malky bringing in Kim and Mutch to the XI having not started the first half of the season when we went up.

Up the City!!!

well i hope if this is the case, unleashing Tomlin has a more positive effect than what happened with Mutch and Kim...
although the football was a bit easier on the eye we only won 3 of our last 13 games..

I’m talking about after Xmas, where Kim and co ripped Blackburn away, etc. Certainly started to play a more controlling style with flair players added for the second half of the season from what I remember.

We limped over the line because we could and didn’t have a forward like big Ken/Bogle who I think are far more complete than Campbell was!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

few games and suddenly bogle is better than campbell :lol:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:few games and suddenly bogle is better than campbell :lol:

Gonna state an opinion or just shoot down others for having one? Sad.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

bloobird97 wrote:

tomlin clearly isnt fit enough to have a run of games - after a bit of christmas turkey he will have no chance

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

I think tomlin is class but boy did he look slow and out of shape on Friday. What he done he done well but it's his involvement in the game outside of those moments that's keeping him out me thinks!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Tomlin brings to the table what perhaps our other players don't have, but looking at him last Friday after 10 minuets he was breathing out of his arse.

As I mentioned after the game like Patterson did to build up his fitness he needs to turn out regularly for the under 23 side and regain his fitness.

I was actually shocked last Friday how unfit a professional footballer could look he reminded me of my younger days playing Sunday league football and that was after a Saturday night on the lash.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm

bloobird97 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Up the City!!!

I’m talking about after Xmas, where Kim and co ripped Blackburn away, etc. Certainly started to play a more controlling style with flair players added for the second half of the season from what I remember.

We limped over the line because we could and didn’t have a forward like big Ken/Bogle who I think are far more complete than Campbell was!

we hadnt had a ken /bogle pre ballet dancers but won games...
ripped 17TH placed Blackburn away ..ETC...ETC being losing to relegation bound peterborouh the game before and drawing at home to Watford the game after....

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
bloobird97 wrote:

tomlin clearly isnt fit enough to have a run of games - after a bit of christmas turkey he will have no chance

If as you suggest Tomlin isn't fit then one has to look at the fitness coaches employed by City after all as far as I know Tomlin has not had any serious injury to impede his fitness so what is wrong with City's fitness regime

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Angleis you only have to look at the size of him to know he isn’t fit

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 pm

He may well be unfit if he is I'm saying that the fitness coaches are not coming to grips with it,if you take into account that we are already into the mid season and no serious injury to contend with why is Tomlin still unfit?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Definitely not fit needs to stop eating the pies and leave the ale alone.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 pm

angelis1949 wrote:He may well be unfit if he is I'm saying that the fitness coaches are not coming to grips with it,if you take into account that we are already into the mid season and no serious injury to contend with why is Tomlin still unfit?

They can't force feed him salad can they. Warnock is well aware of his fitness levels as are the fitness team, prehaps it's one of the reasons why he's not starting.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 pm

some players just look overweight.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:20 am

Big ribs apparently.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 am

nubbsy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:He may well be unfit if he is I'm saying that the fitness coaches are not coming to grips with it,if you take into account that we are already into the mid season and no serious injury to contend with why is Tomlin still unfit?

They can't force feed him salad can they. Warnock is well aware of his fitness levels as are the fitness team, prehaps it's one of the reasons why he's not starting.

Wow you seem to suggest that you can become fit by eating salad sandwiches now that's what I call a medical breakthrough

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am

Warnock is picking unfit players

Cardiff need to look at their fitness coaches..

2nd in league..6points clear of 3rd...unreal

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

dogfound wrote:Warnock is picking unfit players

he isnt picking tomlin though. the man clearly cant play 90 minutes of football

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:Warnock is picking unfit players

he isnt picking tomlin though. the man clearly cant play 90 minutes of football

maybe...but far more likely Warnock just wants the extra all action player...Tomlin started at Burton 1st game and tbh we didnt look great as a team . he changed it for the next game which worked a treat...
as for Tomlin he has always looked like he does now. as have many other players too numerous to mention.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think tomlin is class but boy did he look slow and out of shape on Friday. What he done he done well but it's his involvement in the game outside of those moments that's keeping him out me thinks!

agree - and it's sadly very rare in english football to have a player who's strength is his ability on the ball, and not physicality like 95% of his peers. he did look a yard off the pace without the ball and needs to work on his fitness.