Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION: " THE NEARLY TEAM "

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm

MY VIEW/ OPINION READING : THE NEARLY TEAM.

Reading have - in the main players who almost made it to the top level but missed out.

This means that they are quite good for the Championship.

If we stay focussed, play to our strengths and work hard - the whole 90 minutes - we should edge a win.

If we play like the 1st half versus Norwich or if we start playing like Brazil because we are live on tv - we will lose.

Reading are a very good passing side that usually play 4-2-3-1 formation.

They won their last 2 games. In their last 6 games they won 3 , drew 2 and lost 1 (to Wolves). So they are 'in form' and are no mugs at all.

I make 2 noteworthy points :

(1) Their left back : normally Obita who has been injured plays there. He is being replaced by our very own ex - Gunter.
As the phrase goes Gunter has "two right feet". His left foot is to stand on.

So Mendez-Laing should be able to murder him by attacking Gunter's left.
This to me will be an important key to this game ! It could win us the game!!

So look out for Gunter vs Mendez- Laing.

(2) Our Right Back : Their left sided player Barrow is good , tricky and can score. So another key to the game is who will Warnock play ? Manga or Patterson or Peltier ?

a- Manga because Warnock does not want to change a winning team but Manga who had so far done well in that position got exposed by Murphy in the 2nd half vs Norwich.

b- Patterson will do a lot of forward runs and help Mendez-Laing further but this may leave a hole behind - on our right. So this is the 'go for a win' option ! c- Peltier is the orthodox and reliable right back who will do an excellent job defensively.

The safe option ! Which one will Warnock choose ??

Who do you choose?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION: " THE NEARLY TEAM "

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

READING v CARDIFF CITY
Monday 11th December, 8pm
SkyBet Championship
Madejski Stadium

PAY ON THE NIGHT / CASH FOR CARDIFF FANS :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
No memberships or id needed, just pay cash at the turnstiles :ayatollah:

CHEAP TICKETS £20 ADULTS :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Away end holds 4,350 :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

If we have any ambition about autos we should be beating teams like Reading, they're up and down like a yoyo however they have some fantastic players in Obita, Swift, Aluko and Dave Edwards, I think we can edge it 2-1 if we play to our strengths and keep patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Wolfpac wrote:If we have any ambition about autos we should be beating teams like Reading, they're up and down like a yoyo however they have some fantastic players in Obita, Swift, Aluko and Dave Edwards, I think we can edge it 2-1 if we play to our strengths and keep patience.

I have to agree with you, City have to beat clubs/Teams like Reading if they want to stay Top 2. :thumbright: :thumbright:

I will go for 1-3 City away win :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Stick Peltier at right back to basically nullify their only threat.

However the temptation to have Patterson supported Mendez-Laing is a mouth watering one. Will our attack make up for the hole in the defence that will be caused by leaving Peltier out. I'm not sure so lets stick with Peltier as I'm sure there is enough up front to give us the win.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Stick Peltier at right back to basically nullify their only threat.

However the temptation to have Patterson supported Mendez-Laing is a mouth watering one. Will our attack make up for the hole in the defence that will be caused by leaving Peltier out. I'm not sure so lets stick with Peltier as I'm sure there is enough up front to give us the win.

Patterson and Mendez Laing, I agree Ian, it is mouth watering :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Stick Peltier at right back to basically nullify their only threat.

Patterson and Mendez Laing, I agree Ian, it is mouth watering :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

I am no fan of Peltier in any situation. He offers nothing going forward, gets pulled out of position too often and is not the reliable defender some think he is.

My dream right hand side partnership is Patterson and Mendez-Laing which I agree is mouth watering. They say attack is the best form of defence and in those 2 you have plenty in attacking options.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

does Peltier get pulled out of position?

probably the best defensively minded full back at the club

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am no fan of Peltier in any situation. He offers nothing going forward, gets pulled out of position too often and is not the reliable defender some think he is.

My dream right hand side partnership is Patterson and Mendez-Laing which I agree is mouth watering. They say attack is the best form of defence and in those 2 you have plenty in attacking options.

Tony, Peltier is an ordinary mid table Championship player at best,consistent but Def not a player that should be guaranteed to play in a promotion team, squad player at best for current team :thumbright:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Judging by the league table, on paper City should win at Reading but I think we will do ok to come away with a draw, Reading are a good footballing side and I believe they are in a ‘false’ position and believe they won’t finish below the top half this season.

Hope I am proven wrong on Monday and City come away with all three points :bluescarf: