Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: ' LEE TOMLIN/ KADEEM HARRIS / FEENEY & ZOHORE

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 pm

BREAKING: " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF FANS & THE MEDIA " :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Here’s a quick rundown of the key points:

Kenneth Zohore is unlikely to return until the New Year :shock:

While Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Aron Gunnarsson are also doubts for Monday :cry:

Neil Warnock says he’s keen to keep Liam Feeney

Kadeem Harris edging closer to full fitness :thumbright:

Warnock responds to speculation over Tomlin’s wages :thumbright:

Neil Warnock: "If we can strengthen in January,we will"
"I think Wolves will spend more than us."

Lee Camp and Rhys Healey due to return for under-23s next week :thumbright: :thumb right:

Catching Wolves

:bluebird: :thumbright: " READ BELOW EVERYTHING NEIL WARNOCK HAS TO SAY TODAY " :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF FANS

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Healey trained yesterday. He gives us something we haven’t got it from the No.10, he can play there and get past the main striker. He and Camp are scheduled to play for the u23s next week, Camp and Healey.

"Kadeem Harris I’m not sure might be the week after."

"I’m not thinking of loaning Rhys out. What’s happened with injuries i’m loathe to loan anybody out."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:58 pm

On playing on Monday night and last team to play.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Doesn’t matter. It won’t be six point gap because Bristol play Sheffield. We have to hang in there."

"We want to make sure we’re in the play-offs."

"43 points - normally I’d say we’re seven points from safety. I’m not trying to play it down, I’ve been around longer than you guys so I know how things change it."

"The lads are grounded, but we should take our hat off to the players and we’ll try and stay there as long as we can."

"I don’t see pressure where I am now, like last year and year below, there’s far more pressure trying to save a club from relegation."

"It’s a great place to be at the moment. There’s too many downs in life, why the hell worry about it, let’s enjoy the next few months."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 pm

NEIL WARNOCK"

On Tomlin's eye-catching performance against Norwich

"That’s what he can do but he still has to work on other aspects on his game. He has to work hard on his fitness which he doesn’t find easily."

"Hopefully he can eventually start a game."

"We have to get him on the top of his game. Not just him, to improve, we need some luck with others. We’ve lost four of our best players."

"I sometimes forget who we’ve lost because they’re not there but it is frustrating because I know how good we could be with those lads."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony seems to have revealed just how much Cardiff City are paying former Bristol City star Lee Tomlin.

Bristol Post

December 2017

The 28-year-old left the Robins to join Cardiff on a three-year deal in the summer after an undisclosed fee was agreed - reported to be around £2.9 million.

At the time, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock described Tomlin as his "number one" target and he was seen as the club's marquee summer signing.

Warnock said: "If I had a choice of any other player I've been after over the summer, Tomlin would have been at the top of my list."

And that came with a decent pay-package, according to MacAnthony.

The Posh chairman revealed during a impromptu question and answer session that Tomlin was a target for the League One club as they looked to bring him back to one of his former clubs.

However, it seems they were blown out the water by the offer from the Bluebirds.

Peterborough Today reports that MacAnthony told the fans: “Lee contacted me and asked about coming back,”

READ MORE
Why this former Bristol City, Aston Villa and Spurs player would do things differently if back at Ashton Gate
“But his agent wanted him to stay in the Championship. We made the call to Bristol City, but it didn’t work out and Lee is now on £28k a week at Cardiff!”

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Neil Warnock rubbishes speculation over Tomlin's wages

Lee Tomlin was the subject of comments from Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony this week, with suggestions that the playmaker was earning £28k a week.

Here’s Warnock’s response:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s trying to get out of a hole with his own fans. At least get the facts right."

"I bet Tomlin wishes he was on that money. He’s nowhere near that, miles away. I like Darragh but sometimes because of who he is he says what he likes and to hell with the consequences."

"I think he was trying to get out of a hole with his own fans. They wouldn’t have had a cat in hell’s chance of signing him."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Kadeem Harris edging closer to full fitness

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’d know in the next two or three weeks about Kadeem - he’ll have a proper game next week - it will be a like a new player. We’ve lost a few important cogs and yet we’ve carried on with the results."

"It doesn’t necessarily have a bearing."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Warnock looking to keep Feeney

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Feeney’s done really well it’s just unfortunate for him, I’ve put different people in that position. He’s warmed up a couple of times and I’ve had to change my mind because of things happening in the game."

"I do like him, I’d like him to stay, but not had discussion."

"I know what Liam can do, but is there anyone better available? I don’t know. We’re looking at all positions, it’s just he’s vulnerable more because he’s only here till January."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Neil Warnock relishing Reading test

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I thought they should have gone up last season."

"They’ll probably kick themselves for not beating Huddersfield. To see them going up was a big blow for them, I’ve been in that situation."

"They signed some good players like Barrow, Aluko, so they’ve got some really good players, it’s a great challenge for us. Nobody really expects us to beat these teams. We got to have a plan."

"Reading pass every team off the park, so we can’t go out willy-nilly. We have to know what’s coming and put together a game plan to get the right results."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Neil Any January arrivals?

Neil Warnock: "If we can strengthen in January,we will"

NEIL WARNOCK:

"If we can strengthen in January we will, if we can."

" If there was one player I think could strengthen us and become available, we would."

"I’ve spoken to Ken [Choo] because what happens if players have set backs with injuries? We have to be looking ahead. We have targets in most departments. We can cover more or less at the back, it’s more midfield, wide and up front to see if we can bring in anyone better than we have."

"I think Wolves will spend more than us."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

CATCHING WOLVES

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We still look at catching Wolves."

"They’ve had some good runs, but if Birmingham played like they did against us they might have got a result."

"They’ve got more money than anybody, but you have to invest it wisely. They’ve done that and they’re the team to finish above to win promotion."

"We haven’t got an inferiority complex. I just wish there were a few more teams like us who beat them."

"It’s usually people with chips on their shoulder or who haven’t managed that say stuff about us. Sometimes they trip over themselves in what they say."

"Every criticism comes when we beat a side, they didn’t say anything at Birmingham and Preston."

" What they should say how can Cardiff be where they are on their wage bill compared to how much that team spent and that team spent."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Do Wolves deserve all the plaudits?

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s bound to be about teams like Wolves, Villa, Derby, Boro, they’re the really big hitters, so people talk about them because more newspapers sell in those areas."

"We’re just happy going along as we are, treat it like a bonus and enjoy it, and with a little bit of luck with injuries, we can improve with a lot more to come from two or three."

"Zohore hasn’t got going but he looks bright again because we know we’ve got to the bottom of his problem. Kadeem trained - touch wood - for the first time and came through a training game and looked sharp. We’ve coped with injuries, like with Jazz, we have to hang in there."

"I can’t fault the lads, we’ve done well, the results have been what we’ve deserved."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Kenneth Zohore out until the New Year

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He was in so much pain and we talked about going through the pain and running it off. He was adamant and we might have doubted, but when the surgeon went in it was one of the worst he’d ever seen so the pain was legitimate. You can see the relief on his face because he knows he just has to get himself fit"

"He’s building up but I won’t rush him. We’re going to have him for 2018 and he will be important."

"I won’t look at him over Christmas, possibly the Fulham Preston games," but I doubt it, I wouldn’t want to rush it. Like Mendez could have played against Forest but we felt it might be too soon, didn’t want to miss for another six weeks."

"Mendez got better against Norwich, and that run in second half proved to himself he was okay, he needed that. We were really pleased he came through it."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Warnock on building momentum

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s an open league, anyone can go three or four games without winning. It doesn’t worry us, you don’t want it, but you have to keep working hard, You can’t get too up and down when it happens, everyone loses points."

"It can be luck of draw when you play teams - like when we went to brim under a new manager. Every game is winnable and every game you can lose, that’s the beauty of the Championship."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm

' UPDATE ON INJURIES '

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’ve got quite a lot of problems on the injury side and ten days extra supposedly helps, whether it does or not I’ll wait and see."

"We have to keep going with whoever’s available and another tough game coming up.

"There are the usual injury worries, Gunnar, Zohore, Mendez played 60mins which is a good thing.
We’re having a game this morning between ourselves to give guys like Halford, Pilks, Connolly, some game time rather than training."

"It’s a matter of getting to January to see where we need to bring another one in to help us."

"If we get everybody back fit we might not need anybody, but we might not, it’s a concern at the moment. Not Zohore for Monday, Gunnars might have a chance but we haven’t written him off. He had an injection. It’s not his original injury, it’s a piece of floating bone that’s been there a while but hopefully an injection can calm it all down."

Re: BREAKING: " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF FANS "

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock faced the media on yesterday morning ahead of his side's trip to Reading on Monday night.

The Bluebirds can seal a fifth win on the bounce with victory in Berkshire, and will arrive at the Madejski full of confidence after a fine win over Norwich City in their last outing.

The big news coming out of the Bluebirds camp is that star striker Kenneth Zohore is unlikely to play again in 2017, with Warnock suggesting he is unlikely to be risked during the festive run of fixtures.

Warnock has also admitted that Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Aron Gunnarsson are doubts for the televised trip, but long-term absentee Kadeem Harris has returned to training.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:52 am

"Mendez got better against Norwich, and that run in second half proved to himself he was okay, he needed that. We were really pleased he came through it."

... but is doubtful for Monday? :?

What does Warnock see in Feeney? ... he doesn't have natural pace or the skill to make up for that lack of pace.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 am

Alan_in_China wrote:

What does Warnock see in Feeney? ... he doesn't have natural pace or the skill to make up for that lack of pace.

feeney was just a stop gap with harris injury, he hasnt really featured.. but did create the goal at fulham so all in all, not good enough but not exactly a disaster of a signing either

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:

feeney was just a stop gap with harris injury, he hasnt really featured.. but did create the goal at fulham so all in all, not good enough but not exactly a disaster of a signing either

Not a fan of Feeney, I hope we don't keep him.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:

Not a fan of Feeney, I hope we don't keep him.

Me too. With Harris coming back soon I doubt we need him for much longer anyway.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Think it's worrying on Warnock's part and the medical team with this situation with Zohore and NML, Healey and Camp are coming back when them pair should really be fit and ready by now, seem's fishy.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: ' LEE TOMLIN/ KADEEM HARRIS / FEENEY & ZOH

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:44 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Think it's worrying on Warnock's part and the medical team with this situation with Zohore and NML, Healey and Camp are coming back when them pair should really be fit and ready by now, seem's fishy.

i wouldn't say so, he praised them weeks ago. He said himself that Zohore needed to run through the pain, but couldn't. Which after closer examination explains why.
Healey was expected back around now.
Camp got re injured in an U23 game.
NML must be still sore after playing against Norwich.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:29 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Think it's worrying on Warnock's part and the medical team with this situation with Zohore and NML, Healey and Camp are coming back when them pair should really be fit and ready by now, seem's fishy.

Dando, I am worried about Kenneth Zohore.

Plus your right its been a long time with Lee Camp, to long.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 am

It concerns me that Warnock is keen to keep Feeny who in my opinion is clearly not Championship quality

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:31 pm

He does place a question mark against him tho by stating who is available and better.
In his defence he does place a decent cross, lack of pace tho ,definately

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:50 pm

The amount of times we heard he's back this game then this and that the other, many times this season already Warnock has been has changed the situation with players and their injuries.

Something just doesn't sit right with me.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm

If we had a big striker good in the air then Feeney would be more useful , with his crossing ability. Kads offers a lot more though and Paterson can play right-wing of course.