Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' OMAR BOGLE SPEAKS AT TODAYS PRESS CONFERENCE '

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm

' OMAR BOGLE SPEAKS AT TODAYS PRESS CONFERENCE '

OMAR BOGLE:

What happened after red card?

"He’s a black and white man, he won’t shirk anything. After a game like that he would have been angry, with me in particular. He’s honest."

"We sat down and had a chat about it and when the dust settled we spoke and he said don’t worry about it, be ready."

"He and Kev and Jeppo, during the time I’ve been here, even when not playing at the start, the work they put into me as a player in training I felt I was improving."

What's it like working under Warnock?

"It’s experience. When you want to speak to people, when speak to fans the first thing you say is about his man managing, his experience of dealing with so many players over the year helps us."

"The way he gets his messages across and his temperament is great. Everyone loves him, no-one has a bad word to say about him."

Are you thinking about promotion?

"It’s at the back of your mind, the majority of teams would have had the aim at the start, but we’ve still got 26 games to go. We just concentrate on getting the next three points. It’s a big dream, I had promotion from non-league with Grimsby, that feeling was nothing like i’ve had in football and to have it again getting to the premier league would be even better."

How good would it be to win five on the trot?

"It’s great to be in winning form, it builds morale, the camp is happy, it’s a long season, we have to take every game when it comes. We have to repeat what we did at the start of the season, we can go on long runs, in a season you will win and lose but our mentality is to go and win every game."

Bogle relishing competition

"The results before us, we’ll have an eye on them, it’s about us and all we have to do is keep winning games."

"Competition drives everyone on, Ken to come back, Wardy scored a great goal, everyone has to work hard and be determined to stay in the team. Every game we go into we know the quality we’ve got and we focus on ourselves."

"When we’re at our best not many teams can match us."

Something to prove?

"I told the gaffer and the boys I would make it up to them. I believed I could do it and knew I could. Norwich was a good start to rectify that."

"We just focus on the next game, we not getting ahead of ourselves, the team spirit is really high with good players, we going into every game knowing we want to win."

THAT red card

"It was frustrating. I was playing well as well, it was a rush of blood to be honest. I’ve had a loose touch and I wanted to rectify the situation. It was a striker’s challenge."

"I can’t tackle. I look at it I cost the team the game, go down to ten away from home was always going to be hard, It was about bouncing back."

Bogle on how his move to Cardiff came about

"A new manager came in at Wigan and I wasn’t for him. Football’s based on opinions and the gaffer there wanted to go a certain way and I didn’t get into his plans. When it became known I was available, there were a few clubs in for me and Cardiff were one of them."

"Warnock was the biggest thing when it came down to a decision between a few Championship clubs, his history of developing players and success. Nathaniel Mendez Laing is one of my close friends and I spoke to him and everyone’s seen what he has done since he worked under the gaffer."

"I had to bide my time. Three or four games in I came in with the team already flying. It was about being patient. The gaffer couldn’t really change the team, everyone who was playing would be expected to play because they were doing so well, but it’s a long season and I knew a chance would come and I had to be ready."

“It’s been good for me since I’ve come into the side. It was unfortunate what happened at Bristol which meant I was out for a few games but it’s gone well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.