Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Merthyr Town, Boxing Day '

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Merthyr entertain Hereford United at Pendarren Park onbBoxing day at 1pm.

Both Sides have had their Problems and, are now on the road to recovery. It promises to be a cracker of a tie, withvHereford leaders of The Southern League.

And the word on the terraces is that Hereford have asked for 1500 tickets for the game. They are expecting to sell out as well.

Re: Merthyr Town, Boxing Day

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 am

1,500 that's awesome.

I'm hearing so much about local teams fighting against the odds and pulling through thanks to the local support they get. There is a club just down the road from me I now and then go and watch. All I can tell you about them is that they have one stand that stretches out about 1/2 way down the sideline. There is no stand behind either of the goals or the other sideline, just a barrier.

The standard of football is not for the purists so if you are one of those don't bother. The best I can describe it is if the team manage to get the ball down the side and near the penalty box for the perfect cross the ball will either go flying over the bar or struggle to reach the area. This will happen 9 times out of 10. However one the ball travelled to the far post and we all got excited but unfortunately no one was fit enough on the pitch to cover the ground.

What makes the place is the bar behind the stand. I also wear my Cardiff coat there and have great banter with the supporters. Most follow Derby or Forest so you can imagine what the talk is about. What does amaze me is how quite a few know quite a lot about other clubs. Only the other week a forest fan was telling me all about us and they was nothing I could correct him on.

You want to mix with diehards now you know where to go.

Re: Merthyr Town, Boxing Day

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am

City1983 wrote:Merthyr entertain Hereford United at Pendarren Park onbBoxing day at 1pm.

Both Sides have had their Problems and, are now on the road to recovery. It promises to be a cracker of a tie, withvHereford leaders of The Southern League.

And the word on the terraces is that Hereford have asked for 1500 tickets for the game. They are expecting to sell out as well.

They have, but I think Merthyr will only give them 1,000 tickets.

Hereford take 400 fans on 200 mile away trips and a 1,000 fans to clubs with in 100 miles, def could sell 1,500 tickets :thumbright:

Brilliant away support :thumbright: embarrasses some Championship clubs and its a 1pm kick, which some call a restriction :lol: