Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Billy Ronson '

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Billy Ronson for Cardiff City at Oldham, 1981. 2-2

Billy Ronson and the Bennett brothers were some of my favourite players in them days :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Billy Ronson '

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Annis, I don’t think I ever saw Ronson have a bad game for City. He’d be superb in our current team.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Remember Ronson scoring in the Swansea game, 1-0 in 83???
Dave Bennet is a legend, that season of 82/3 was my fav season, also Hatton and Hemmerman. Great game against Newport at Xmas, Wokingham in the cup, losing to Weymouth, chaos in Bournemouth, Pompey etc, Rovers..Football atmosphere was electric in some of those games.
The days when a certain gent and his friends frequented the home paddock, shall we say.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Just recently past away I think. I will double check now.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm

As Arthur once said: "There's our midfield ... Ronson, Ronson and Ronson!"

StT.
<><

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Obviously I was a fan of his !!!

:bluescarf:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 am

billy ronson wrote:Obviously I was a fan of his !!!

:bluescarf:

I bumped into Peter Gropier down the CCS after the Brentford game Bill, he hasn't changed one bit. I forgot to ask him if he still has his 60 zillion rock albums and whether he continues to play them religiously in order every day. His namesake played at the time of your goodself I believe. Good to see you're doing well with your electric shavers!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 am

Annis, my favourite years .

Loved Dave Bennett was my hero

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Annis, I don’t think I ever saw Ronson have a bad game for City. He’d be superb in our current team.

Andrew, Billy Ronson had the perfect attitude :thumbright: :bluebird: