Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY MATCH MOVED “

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Cardiff City vs. Sunderland @ Cardiff City Stadium. Saturday, 13th January 2018 - 12:30pm KO.

Cardiff City's January home clash with Sunderland has been moved after being selected as a Sky Sports Football live match.

This game will now take place on the same day, but at an earlier kick-off time of 12:30pm on Saturday, 13th January 2018.

Tickets will be on sale for this match in the coming weeks!

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY MATCH MOVED “

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Think get more matches on sky now we are serious contenders. :occasion5:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Think get more matches on sky now we are serious contenders. :occasion5:

extra money for club but does little for improving attendances.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Stuff Sky, think of the poor fans of Sunderland and what time they have to travel.

Modern football sucks

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 pm

According to one Sunderland fans' group site they were leaving at 6am for the 3pm k/o. Guessing that will mean a 3:30am departure for the 12:30pm k/o.

StT.
<><

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:According to one Sunderland fans' group site they were leaving at 6am for the 3pm k/o. Guessing that will mean a 3:30am departure for the 12:30pm k/o.

StT.
<><

No doubt Steve, if I remember correctly we played them at 12 at their place in the Premiership and coaches left South Wales around 2.30-3am, absolutely brutal that.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 pm

Plays murder with me as well have to fight through traffic in rush hour all way from here to cdf :banghead:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Plays murder with me as well have to fight through traffic in rush hour all way from here to cdf :banghead:

Saturday rush hour?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:13 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Plays murder with me as well have to fight through traffic in rush hour all way from here to cdf :banghead:

Saturday rush hour?

Shopping !! It's murder on a Saturday morning coming towards cdf especially January with the sales on. got carmarthen Swansea and the link Rd to Leckwith to contend with. 3pm ko is OK but 12.30?means got leave house around 8am to allow for delays hence rush hour.! :thumbup:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:09 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Saturday rush hour?

Shopping !! It's murder on a Saturday morning coming towards cdf especially January with the sales on. got carmarthen Swansea and the link Rd to Leckwith to contend with. 3pm ko is OK but 12.30?means got leave house around 8am to allow for delays hence rush hour.! :thumbup:

More Welsh tourists visiting Cardiff wether it’s for shopping or to enjoy a game of football you are all welcomed to the capital of Wales

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:15 am

Another game I won't be able to make now, will still be in work,getting my excuse in early. Will be a sh#t crowd.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City vs. Sunderland @ Cardiff City Stadium. Saturday, 13th January 2018 - 12:30pm KO.

Cardiff City's January home clash with Sunderland has been moved after being selected as a Sky Sports Football live match.

This game will now take place on the same day, but at an earlier kick-off time of 12:30pm on Saturday, 13th January 2018.

Ned, it will be interesting to see how our home crowds will be if we are in the Premier League and matches are on Sky and different times? ?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Saturday rush hour?

More Welsh tourists visiting Cardiff wether it’s for shopping or to enjoy a game of football you are all welcomed to the capital of Wales

Yes but not on match day! :laughing6:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Saturday rush hour?

Couldn't you get the train?

I always find it ironic that people who moan about the amount of traffic on the roads are part of the problem themselves.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Saturday rush hour?

Couldn't you get the train?

I always find it ironic that people who moan about the amount of traffic on the roads are part of the problem themselves.

frequently use train for 3pm ko do but only train for that match is 7.20 am and retun is about 4pm other factor is standing room only cdf to Swansea when do catch train unless lucky to get seats!
Ps patch day is 12hrs long when use train at any time? :thumbup:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City vs. Sunderland @ Cardiff City Stadium. Saturday, 13th January 2018 - 12:30pm KO.

Ned, it will be interesting to see how our home crowds will be if we are in the Premier League and matches are on Sky and different times? ?

Spot on Annis.

If we’re in the Premier League in the season after next then we’ll have 7.45pm Saturday and Tuesdays, 12.30pm Saturday, 2pm and 4pm Sunday, 7.45pm Friday, 8pm Monday etc.

We’ll probably sell out for most of those as well.

Remember we had no problem selling out Man Utd away on a Tuesday night.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:30 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Annis.

If we’re in the Premier League in the season after next then we’ll have 7.45pm Saturday and Tuesdays, 12.30pm Saturday, 2pm and 4pm Sunday, 7.45pm Friday, 8pm Monday etc.

All would be sold out, exactly like last time we were there, We had Man City on a Sunday 4pm on Sky Sold out.

Funny we can sell them out and at a lot more expensive tickets/home and away and terrible times/dates etc.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Annis.

All would be sold out, exactly like last time we were there, We had Man City on a Sunday 4pm on Sky Sold out.

Funny we can sell them out and at a lot more expensive tickets/home and away and terrible times/dates etc.

Massively unfair comparisons being bandied about here to be fair :lol:

How can you possibly compare a game against recent Champions Manchester City with the players they had on show, the first time we had played them at home in the League in 29 years and our one and only season in the Premiership with the likes of a Friday night home game against the likes of Preston and Norwich we have been playing on and off season after season for years, of course we sold out and had a bigger crowd :lol:

As for Man Utd away, the same, our first visit to Old Trafford in 39 years, of course it sold out ! Be realistic chaps come on.

As for us selling out again in the Premiership, I reckon your going to be massively disappointed, do you honestly see us selling 33,000 for the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield even the likes of West Brom because I cant.

We might have sold out on paper for most games last time but tickets were never that hard to come by, mates of mine bought tickets for Man Utd at home on the morning of the game :thumbup:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Annis.

Massively unfair comparisons being bandied about here to be fair :lol:

How can you possibly compare a game against recent Champions Manchester City with the players they had on show, the first time we had played them at home in the League in 29 years and our one and only season in the Premiership with the likes of a Friday night home game against the likes of Preston and Norwich we have been playing on and off season after season for years, of course we sold out and had a bigger crowd :lol:

As for Man Utd away, the same, our first visit to Old Trafford in 39 years, of course it sold out ! Be realistic chaps come on.

As for us selling out again in the Premiership, I reckon your going to be massively disappointed, do you honestly see us selling 33,000 for the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield even the likes of West Brom because I cant.

We might have sold out on paper for most games last time but tickets were never that hard to come by, mates of mine bought tickets for Man Utd at home on the morning of the game :thumbup:

Forget Man City then, it could be Southampton/Stoke smaller clubs than Sunderland, you know exactly what I mean, the ground would will be near capacity.

Lets hopefully wait and see, fans will be the 25,000 season tickets and the clubs we play will bring 2,000- 3,000 plus and the fans who buy match tickets, you watch, GLORY F HUNTERS .

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:46 pm

If the product on offer is of better quality then more people will buy that product.
It's not just football, it's economics.
Are people who choose to watch a T20 Glamorgan cricket match glory f hunters because they don't watch 4 day cricket? No, the product on offer is more attractive to watch so will attract more customers.

It's the same with football.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:If the product on offer is of better quality then more people will buy that product.
Are people who choose to watch a T20 Glamorgan cricket match glory f hunters because they don't watch 4 day cricket? No, the product on offer is more attractive to watch so will attract more customers.

Nail on the head, saved me a long reply :thumbup:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Correct the product being top flight football has rarely been available in Cardiff hence big demand regardless of price.
Championship football done and dusted only moderate demand even though city are virtually giving away tickets. No promotion this aeason be difficult to entice people to attend in big numbers next season.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:If the product on offer is of better quality then more people will buy that product.

OK, then how come most clubs in our position and lower in the Leagues, nowadays have bigger away support than us? and in our division our product is fantastic compared to the rest of the Championship, yet 12 clubs have bigger home averages than us and 8 clubs get over 25,000 on average and we get 19,450(approx) home average, yet as you both say its about the product?

WE ARE A GREAT PRODUCT AT THE MOMENT ARE WE NOT :lol: AND VERY CHEAP TO WATCH :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I totally Disagree.

Bradford City played Rochdale today, ROCHDALE, Bradford have lost their last 4 home games in Division three,yet 20,000 home fans turn up :thumbright:

Pompey take over 4,000 fans away to Charlton today, DIV 3

Brum take well over 4,000 fans to Fulham today,bottom three club.

Are they products?

Honest opinions :thumbright:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:45 pm

skiprat wrote:Correct the product being top flight football has rarely been available in Cardiff hence big demand regardless of price.
Championship football done and dusted only moderate demand even though city are virtually giving away tickets. No promotion this aeason be difficult to entice people to attend in big numbers next season.

They haven't turned up in big numbers yet this season, never mind next season :lol: other than against Leeds United who brought thousands and it was £5 to watch us :shock:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm

I go to one T20 game at Glamorgan every season. Usually it rains and is f*cking freezing.

I would certainly admit to be a cricket glory hunter if Glamorgan weren't such a pile of dogshite!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

davids wrote:

I go to one T20 game at Glamorgan every season. Usually it rains and is f*cking freezing.

I would certainly admit to be a cricket glory hunter if Glamorgan weren't such a pile of dogshite!

:lol: :lol: :thumbright:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

OK, then how come most clubs in our position and lower in the Leagues, nowadays have bigger away support than us? and in our division our product is fantastic compared to the rest of the Championship, yet 12 clubs have bigger home averages than us and 8 clubs get over 25,000 on average and we get 19,450(approx) home average, yet as you both say its about the product?

WE ARE A GREAT PRODUCT AT THE MOMENT ARE WE NOT :lol: AND VERY CHEAP TO WATCH :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I totally Disagree.

Bradford City played Rochdale today, ROCHDALE, Bradford have lost their last 4 home games in Division three,yet 20,000 home fans turn up :thumbright:

Are they products?

Thought this thread was about how/if/why our fans/glory f hunters will return if we go up and not about how our numbers compare against other clubs

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I totally Disagree.

Are they products?

Thought this thread was about how/if/why our fans/glory f hunters will return if we go up and not about how our numbers compare against other clubs

I never changed the topic, fans straight away came out with excuses that home crowd will be low because of time change, so I have answered it by stating it does not seem to happen to other clubs.

We make 101 excuses, traffic to much,it rained,its on tv, its cold,its to early,its a night game,its to late, they will return after 12 games, they will return after Xmas etc etc

Why not just be straight and honest the excuses are pathetic.

I am stating that if this game was changed in Prem, it would still be virtually a sell out, so why not Now when the Club really needs the fans?

Even Warnock,Vince Alm etc have continuously been honest and shocked by our poor support.

Yes Boxing Day will be big,but its big for every club.

CITY NEED SUPPORT NOW AND TO WATCH CARDIFF CITY NOT WHO THE OPPOSITION IS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT ON AND OFF THE PITCH & DESERVE BETTER SUPPORT :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

1.2MILL PEOPLE WITH IN 10 MILES OF CARDIFF :thumbright: :thumb right:

Personally I am shocked and upset by how low our home and away crowds are.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:15 pm

ITS LOOKING GOOD :bluebird: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:36 pm

1.2million people within 10 miles of Cardiff? Where does that figure come from?