Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING RYAN GIGGS:" NEW WALES MANAGER?/HE WANTS THE JO

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:If Giggs is the choice it shows the lack of ambition we have and do we really want someone who nailed his own brothers wife.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Lack of ambition? Who we gonna get really for 200k a year?

It has everything to do with the type of person he is. He is not wanted by the majority of the fans which include myself.

It shows he's able to adapt his game when playing away from home.

Not really, because he got caught out down the flanks big-time by the opposition! ;) :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB

Kevin Brewster:
How can he expect players to turn up for friendly matches when he never would.he just cannot complain when they say no.

its not unique to Giggs..and its not unique to Wales...just have a look who pulled out of Englands last game but then played for their club on the Saturday..

I firmly believe that Alex Ferguson was behind the tendency to not show up for friendlies. Giggs can't say this because it would make him look weak.

its what quite a few believe...and tbh back then we all read far less about players managing recuring injuries so it was understandable people thought that way.
but now..?
England had 4 players pull out of recent friendlies for similar reasons...Bellamy when he came to us said the same thing { that he couldnt play twice a week ,and didnt ,including not turning out for Wales to play in the Swansea game } i dont remember any meltdown here { although there was down the road over it } people here accepted what was said.
its double standards.pure and simple.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm

dogfound wrote:

Kevin Brewster:
How can he expect players to turn up for friendly matches when he never would.he just cannot complain when they say no.

its not unique to Giggs..and its not unique to Wales...just have a look who pulled out of Englands last game but then played for their club on the Saturday..

I firmly believe that Alex Ferguson was behind the tendency to not show up for friendlies. Giggs can't say this because it would make him look weak.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:12 pm

dogfound wrote:

Kevin Brewster:

agree fully with the first bit.as does Ryan himself...but for a reason..
and i think if ever there was an example of getting the absolute maximum out of a player this is it.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Kevin Brewster:

its what quite a few believe...and tbh back then we all read far less about players managing recuring injuries so it was understandable people thought that way.
but now..?
England had 4 players pull out of recent friendlies for similar reasons...Bellamy when he came to us said the same thing { that he couldnt play twice a week ,and didnt ,including not turning out for Wales to play in the Swansea game } i dont remember any meltdown here { although there was down the road over it } people here accepted what was said.
its double standards.pure and simple.

Definitely double standards but what do you expect from some of the hypocrites we have.

It was a completely different time then. International games were played Wednesday nights between games Saturday/Sunday and Saturday/Sunday.

I dare say Giggs would have played a lot more in these new international blocks.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm

he would be a risk as he hasn't managed before, but far less of a risk than bellamy. giggs has played a huge number of games at champions league level. pulis would not have knowledge of how to deal with european away trips as he has only ever really managed domestically, giggs would.

i would still pick pulis ahead of giggs, but giggs would be my second choice. we are not in a position to be hugely picky, and it's a good sign that he is interested.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:he would be a risk as he hasn't managed before, but far less of a risk than bellamy. giggs has played a huge number of games at champions league level. pulis would not have knowledge of how to deal with european away trips as he has only ever really managed domestically, giggs would.

i would still pick pulis ahead of giggs, but giggs would be my second choice. we are not in a position to be hugely picky, and it's a good sign that he is interested.

I'd pick Tony Pulis ahead of Ryan Giggs. I just dont see Tony Pulis as an option financially, as he is still being linked to Premier League clubs whenever vacancies arise.

Qualification for the World Cup would have made a massive difference to FAW funds but had we qualified, Chris Coleman would probably still be the manager.