Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING RYAN GIGGS:" NEW WALES MANAGER?/HE WANTS THE JO

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:17 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Who the hell would want Giggs as manager of Wales never wore the shirt with pride turned up when he wanted stuff the adulterer.

Looks fine to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ RYAN GIGGS: WALES MANAGER IS THE JOB I NATURALLY WANT

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:Hope he reads this mb n realise nobody wants him. He is about as welsh as Yorkshire pudding

Whilst i agree that Giggs shouldn't be manager I'd question your statement about how Welsh he is.
Born and lived in Cardiff to a Welsh mother and a Welsh father. A father who represented Wales in rugby league, a brother called Rhodri and giggs himself has over 60 caps for wales just at senior level. I mean just what more would you want for him to qualify as Welsh??

like yourself i have doubts regarding him being manager but the not Welsh thing is bonkers.

Some people get confused because he played for England school boys, which was due to the fact he went to an English school.

I always like to point out in a pedantic manner that Ryan Giggs never played for England school boys because his name was Ryan Wilson at the time.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:53 pm

This thread reminds me of when Coleman the jack b*stard took over ,I will support him as a wales manager I hope he wins us over

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:34 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Who the hell would want Giggs as manager of Wales never wore the shirt with pride turned up when he wanted stuff the adulterer.

the non hypocrites. who didnt think Gunner going off to Quatar with Iceland was a good idea either.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:16 pm

dogfound wrote:

the non hypocrites. who didnt think Gunner going off to Quatar with Iceland was a good idea either.

Yep. Hate Gunnar going to friendlies cos we got a sniff of promotion. Giggs for Manure was playing massive games twice a week.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yep. Hate Gunnar going to friendlies cos we got a sniff of promotion. Giggs for Manure was playing massive games twice a week.

turned up when he felt like it is a good one..how does that work ?....nah dont fancy 3 days in Malta or a trip to Trinidad but pencil me in for those nice welcoming places like the Ukraine and Russia..

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm

It's funny this giggs thing. Because he's been actively looking for work for how long now? And had how many interviews? And got sweet FA.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:It's funny this giggs thing. Because he's been actively looking for work for how long now? And had how many interviews? And got sweet FA.

im not too sure he will make a good manager ,not sure anyone is tbh..
but the anti Giggs thing over him trying to avoid an injury that was recurring is bonkers especially from people who take the exact opposite stance if so suits.
at the moment we have Bale going from one injury to another personally i dont want him playing in China or against Latvia / Malta / Estonia in friendlies..i want him in the real games like Giggs.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:He'll be not wanted until results are good then he's next best thing since lava bread! :old:

Exactly

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Dunno, just watched him on Gary Neville’s Soccerbox, seemed very knowledgable. Knows how to attack, very experienced. Wales best player for many years. Not released by Ferguson for friendlies.
No one wanted Speed or Coleman. Pulis teams are naff to watch, the players wouldn’t enjoy it.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 pm

I wonder how many of those who dont want Giggs to be Wales manager because of him not turning up for friendly matches actually went to those friendlies themselves?

The important thing for me in all this is that Osian Roberts stays. Whether that's in the main role or as an assistant the man needs to be part of the set up.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
Of course it’s your right however I think they will go for Giggs and I personally think he will be successful. He will have the respect of the players which will be massive.

I would go with Giggs as well. For me it would be a natural continuation of the Hughes, Speed and Coleman dynasty of previous Welsh stars coaching the National side.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I wonder how many of those who dont want Giggs to be Wales manager because of him not turning up for friendly matches actually went to those friendlies themselves?

The important thing for me in all this is that Osian Roberts stays. Whether that's in the main role or as an assistant the man needs to be part of the set up.

That is the best point made in this thread so far :thumbup:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:It's funny this giggs thing. Because he's been actively looking for work for how long now? And had how many interviews? And got sweet FA.

Or was that sweet FAW? :laughing6:

64 caps in 16 years v Gareth Bale's 68 after 11 years (and Bale had the more serious and genuine lay-offs)

You could say that one had the 'Lurgy' whilst the other had the 'Fergy' ;) :laughing6:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I wonder how many of those who dont want Giggs to be Wales manager because of him not turning up for friendly matches actually went to those friendlies themselves?

Absolutely nailed it again mate. Spot on.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Sven wrote:

64 caps in 16 years v Gareth Bale's 68 after 11 years (and Bale had the more serious and genuine lay-offs)

You could say that one had the 'Lurgy' whilst the other had the 'Fergy' ;) :laughing6:

More games now with bigger groups.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

If Giggs is the choice it shows the lack of ambition we have and do we really want someone who nailed his own brothers wife.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:If Giggs is the choice it shows the lack of ambition we have and do we really want someone who nailed his own brothers wife.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Lack of ambition? Who we gonna get really for 200k a year?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:29 pm

dogfound wrote:

but the anti Giggs thing over him trying to avoid an injury that was recurring is bonkers especially from people who take the exact opposite stance if so suits.
at the moment we have Bale going from one injury to another personally i dont want him playing in China or against Latvia / Malta / Estonia in friendlies..i want him in the real games like Giggs.

I agree mate, I'm only 27 so for giggs younger years for Wales I can't really comment but I've never got on his back about his commitment. But for his character, morales and the fact it's clear he can't get a job for love nor money I don't want him anywhere near Wales.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

We would never be able to play any friendlies. He would never turn up!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I agree mate, I'm only 27 so for giggs younger years for Wales I can't really comment but I've never got on his back about his commitment. But for his character, morales and the fact it's clear he can't get a job for love nor money I don't want him anywhere near Wales.

trouble is our FA isnt wealthy we have always employed managers that have lost their way or ex players getting their first foot n the ladder will be the same this time unless Pullis really fancies it and is therefore prepared to do it for peanuts { compared to what he can earn elsewhere..
Giggs doesnt excite me one bit as our next manager.. but the only other realistic choices are Bellamy { not stable enough }and Osian

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:56 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

So you're saying Giggs NEVER succumbed to Fergie's demands not to waste his/United's time and energy on perceived 'meaningless' friendlies? :?

I appreciate your loyalty (as I did with the Ledley thing) but in all honesty Giggs could/should have been his country's record capped outfield player rather than the dependable journeyman Chris Gunter :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 am

maccydee wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:If Giggs is the choice it shows the lack of ambition we have and do we really want someone who nailed his own brothers wife.

It has everything to do with the type of person he is. He is not wanted by the majority of the fans which include myself.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:29 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
maccydee wrote:

It has everything to do with the type of person he is. He is not wanted by the majority of the fans which include myself.

It shows he's able to adapt his game when playing away from home.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 am

Giggs not turning up for friendlies runs deep with many Welsh fans, and quite rightly so in my opinion.

One of the reasons we were so successful in our Euro qualifying and then further in the actual tournament was that every player wanted to be part of the team, friendly or not. The friendlies are great experimenting grounds where the manager can try things and if they don't come off say "fair enough, that didn't work".

But you can't experiment if your talismen doesn't turn up, you have to do it in meaningful games and the rest is history.......we never qualified with Giggs......we did with the friendly loving Bale.

I don't want him.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
maccydee wrote:

It shows he's able to adapt his game when playing away from home.

:D :thumbup:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:Hope he reads this mb n realise nobody wants him. He is about as welsh as Yorkshire pudding

Whilst i agree that Giggs shouldn't be manager I'd question your statement about how Welsh he is.
Born and lived in Cardiff to a Welsh mother and a Welsh father. A father who represented Wales in rugby league, a brother called Rhodri and giggs himself has over 60 caps for wales just at senior level. I mean just what more would you want for him to qualify as Welsh??

like yourself i have doubts regarding him being manager but the not Welsh thing is bonkers.

What?? He didn't wanna wear the Jersey half the frigging time, and Coleman is not the manager you all think he is. Tactically inept

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

What?? He didn't wanna wear the Jersey half the frigging time, and Coleman is not the manager you all think he is. Tactically inept

do you want to throw a few more people i havent mentioned in.?
but anyway..these times he didnt want to wear the jersey...why did he then, it really isnt complusory...just fancied a few days in belarus did he.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

So you're saying Giggs NEVER succumbed to Fergie's demands not to waste his/United's time and energy on perceived 'meaningless' friendlies? :?

I appreciate your loyalty (as I did with the Ledley thing) but in all honesty Giggs could/should have been his country's record capped outfield player rather than the dependable journeyman Chris Gunter :ayatollah:

its in Ryans book that he sat down and talked to Fergie about managing a recuring injury just as Gunner has with NW and just as every player would do {whether the player then accepts that advice is another thing....you can either believe it or not..you choose not to, have no solid reason not to other than liking to call him Salford boy . Yet his national manager for a chunk of this time unlike yourself knew both Ryan and his club manager extremely well and accepted what was being said .

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB

Kevin Brewster:
How can he expect players to turn up for friendly matches when he never would.he just cannot complain when they say no.

its not unique to Giggs..and its not unique to Wales...just have a look who pulled out of Englands last game but then played for their club on the Saturday..

I firmly believe that Alex Ferguson was behind the tendency to not show up for friendlies. Giggs can't say this because it would make him look weak.