Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kapow! Kevin Keegan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 am

Kapow! Kevin Keegan, Liverpool's iconic No 7, clashes with legendary Leeds captain Billy Bremner during the 1974 Charity Shield at Wembley.

Really enjoyed the Kevin Keegan days :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kapow! Kevin Keegan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:22 am

Some pic

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am

Both sent off for that.

Both took their shirts off as they walked. In fact Keegan trotted off while Bremner just strolled. I doubt the likes of Bremner would survive today he would look well out of shape. I don't think Keegan would have any problems though.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Both sent off for that.

Both took their shirts off as they walked. In fact Keegan trotted off while Bremner just strolled. I doubt the likes of Bremner would survive today he would look well out of shape. I don't think Keegan would have any problems though.

it seems to be a trade off..players back then were fit but not super fit like today....but the chances were if you had a good player then ,you had them for 40 odd games where in todays game some seem to go from one injury to another.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Loved Keegan and that era of football. I remember freezing cold rainy Tuesday nights at NP as a kid and thinking just how far away Division One was whilst being coined.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 pm

My Fav player at the time watching football . ( KK not BB ) ;)