Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City Fans last night(poor)

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:51 am

475 Bristol City fans away at Sheffield United last night (massive game)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bristol City Fans last night(poor)

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:475 Bristol City fans away at Sheffield United last night (massive game)

Reckon we would have taken more?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:54 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:475 Bristol City fans away at Sheffield United last night (massive game)

NO

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Attendance was reported as 24k the capacity is 35k roughly but in all honesty the ground looked half full at best, would have expected more considering size of game. After all suppose to be big club with great support both teams?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

NO

Friday is by far the worse day to travel anywhere...Blackburn a couple of years ago is a great example where many took 8 hours to get there missing the KO...has to be a massive put off for away fans.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:53 pm

I reckon we would have taken something like 6-700, as it would be a new ground for a lot of our younger fans.

Sort of puts out turn out at Birmingham into context though.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Attendance was reported as 24k the capacity is 35k roughly but in all honesty the ground looked half full at best, would have expected more considering size of game. After all suppose to be big club with great support both teams?

To be fair Allan, I thought the home attendance was good , Friday night, live on Sky just before Xmas , No cheap tickets, Xmas shopping, bad traffic :lol: on a serious note, they were in the lower divisions last season and have had No success for years and to get well over 24,000 is good rem Bristol never took many. Plus Sheffield United are on a terrible run.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

NO

Friday is by far the worse day to travel anywhere...Blackburn a couple of years ago is a great example where many took 8 hours to get there missing the KO...has to be a massive put off for away fans.

I agree a Friday night on a 400 mile journey is bad time to travel.

I went to Blackburn that night :thumbright: :bluebird: