Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham fans

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:31 pm

4,150 Birmingham fans away at Fulham today, for a club near the bottom of the Championship.

And its near Xmas some would say on here :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Birmingham fans

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:59 pm

There were also another 1000 plus in the neutral end. For a team at the bottom our support away is fantastic.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 pm

lucky wrote:There were also another 1000 plus in the neutral end. For a team at the bottom our support away is fantastic.

I agree that is we keep going on about our 3,200 fans there and they have been bottom three all season.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

The away section only holds 3500, so they must be including the ones in the neutral area in that figure.

The neutral area today didn't look any fuller than when we were there.

If you included the City fans in the neutral area when we were there we had over 4000

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Not knocking what is an excellent following, but would like to put this into context. Something else rarely mentioned is a lot of other clubs fans travel by train.

Apparently train tickets Brum to London can be bought for around £30 and the journey is 1 hr 45 mins.

They go every 10 minutes as well.

Trains Cardiff to London are very expensive and not so regular, hence why Such a high % of our fans go by coach and end up stuck in London traffic for ages.

Clubs like Birmingham have a massive advantage going away. They never have to go much over 2- 2 and half hours.
Trips like ours to Sunderland and Boro can knock you back for days, and doing one can put you off doing the next. Getting up Sat AM at 4 in the morning after a week of early mornings for work/ school.
It certainly put my lad off Boro after doing Sunderland- and these trips are the norm - more long ones than short these days.

The ones I admire are the likes of Plymouth, Sunderland, Boro, Pompey etc .. who don't have it so easy.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Brum had 3 allocations, 3000, then 800, then another 300. They gave the pre sale figure as 4100 ish.

As for our fan knocking Bristol’s following at Sheffield. It was chalk and cheese. If our match had been a 7.45 like theirs, there’d have been no final Train home, so we’d have took a lot less.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:49 pm

It's hard going to watch a team home or away when they are poor and keep losing. Really don't see how it just comes down to Birmingham is situated as to who

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:19 am

lucky wrote:It's hard going to watch a team home or away when they are poor and keep losing. Really don't see how it just comes down to Birmingham is situated as to who

My honest opinion, your 100% Spot on, those who keep following their team no matter how bad they are doing are the real diehards :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Great support, hats off to them

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:Great support, hats off to them

Its true, you can't fault them, bottom three all season and over 4,000 to London :thumbright:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 pm

I appreciate your honesty and I don't really think it matters that much where a club is situated. Fans will always find excuses not to go to game but remarkably when their team are doing well the excuses become less. I travel 125 miles to home games the distance doesn't come into it!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:09 pm

lucky wrote:I appreciate your honesty and I don't really think it matters that much where a club is situated. Fans will always find excuses not to go to game but remarkably when their team are doing well the excuses become less. I travel 125 miles to home games the distance doesn't come into it!

You really are Spot on :thumbright: and I can't stand the pathetic excuses anymore.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:04 pm

All teams have got the prawn sandwich brigade. As you rightly say it's the loyal die hard fans that go through thick and thin or in our case thin and thinner. You are from the same era as me and in the eighties the home crowds may have been 7000 to 10000 but it was nothing to take 3000 or 4000 away. Great days which we won't see again in my opinion.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm

lucky wrote:I appreciate your honesty and I don't really think it matters that much where a club is situated. Fans will always find excuses not to go to game but remarkably when their team are doing well the excuses become less. I travel 125 miles to home games the distance doesn't come into it!

Genuine question for you mate, great following as I said above.

Do you think you would have taken the same numbers if your club restricted the tickets to Season Ticket Holders and Members only? I notice your Club, like most put their tickets on general sale, I imagine this helped you shift 4,000 massively?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

We’d sell a bit less. But the memberships are only £30, and you get 10% off a home ticket, plus a couple of days priority on away tickets, over the general sale punters.
Also worth noting, that our general sale punters will have a ‘client reference’

The Fulham following was quite good really, considering it was £30 and the early bookings on the Train, were £35 plus.

Like a lot of clubs, if it’s a Saturday and thete’s a last Train home, we’ll take a decent number.

Midweek games or clubs that charge high ticket prices like Leeds and Wednesday, tend to kill our numbers.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Blues1875 wrote:We’d sell a bit less. But the memberships are only £30, and you get 10% off a home ticket, plus a couple of days priority on away tickets, over the general sale punters.
Also worth noting, that our general sale punters will have a ‘client reference’

The Fulham following was quite good really, considering it was £30 and the early bookings on the Train, were £35 plus.

Like a lot of clubs, if it’s a Saturday and thete’s a last Train home, we’ll take a decent number.

Midweek games or clubs that charge high ticket prices like Leeds and Wednesday, tend to kill our numbers.

Cheers for that, worth noting :thumbright: :ayatollah: