Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Awful home attendance / But

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Hull City awful/terrible home attendance today v Brentford.

But fair play to Brentford fans nothing to play for, they use to only take 50-100 away fans.

To be fair Hull City were always poorly home supported during the last 30 years,yet they've been promoted to the Prem a few times.

Today's attendance is 14,620 with 707 Bees fans making the journey the near 400 mile round trip

Re: Awful home attendance / But

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Are you sure Annis ? I seem to recall them in the old Div 3 I think early 1990s having great crowds!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

theclaw wrote:Are you sure Annis ? I seem to recall them in the old Div 3 I think early 1990s having great crowds!

Yes Hull were, but the last 8 years they have been up drown to Prem.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Think that was when they almost went bust or out of the league.
Their fans really got behind their club and came out in numbers.

Currently their support are totally pissed off with their owner. It's definitely had a significant effect on their support

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Think that was when they almost went bust or out of the league.

Currently their support are totally pissed off with their owner. It's definitely had a significant effect on their support

Worse than we are/were about Tan.

They have continued demonstrations and staying away.

I still think some of our fans are staying away.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Don’t know about them nearly going bust thing but remember 18k crowds when they were going for promotion in the last 30 years.miles ahead of everyone else.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Both owners are of a similar character.

Where Tan did this the Hull owner tried that. I sometimes think they look at each others efforts and made judgement on how far each one got. The Hull guy tried a name change and failed due to the authorities not allowing it. I sometimes wonder if he would have gone for a colour change but was oput off by what he saw from us.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 pm

93/94 in hull against us less than 5 thousand 94/5 less than 4 thousnd hardly good crowds .96/7 les than 3 thousand.97/8 3500.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm

skiprat wrote:93/94 in hull against us less than 5 thousand 94/5 less than 4 thousnd hardly good crowds .96/7 les than 3 thousand.97/8 3500.

I Rem Well awful home support, I went to their old ground 5 times with City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Sure I went there once when both sides were shite and there were no more than 200 of us and the crowd was 8k+

The big stand opposite is was heaving.

Think we lost 1-0 or 2-0 and were awful

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Sure I went there once when both sides were shite and there were no more than 200 of us and the crowd was 8k+

The big stand opposite is was heaving.

Think we lost 1-0 or 2-0 and were awful

Tim, We use to lose a lot there, I went to one game there and we took 130 City fans and lost 4-1 :lol:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 pm

The one I remember was a Friday night.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm

I remember going last game of 77and winning 2-1 Buchanan 2

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Very similar to us in terms of support Hull, same as Bristol City and Plymouth, I would put us all in or around the same bracket tbh

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Both owners are of a similar character.

Where Tan did this the Hull owner tried that. I sometimes think they look at each others efforts and made judgement on how far each one got. The Hull guy tried a name change and failed due to the authorities not allowing it. I sometimes wonder if he would have gone for a colour change but was oput off by what he saw from us.

tan and the hull owner were two peas in a pod - both dictatorial men with very little knowledge or care for footballing tradition. frankly, the game is best off without people like this.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:Very similar to us in terms of support Hull, same as Bristol City and Plymouth, I would put us all in or around the same bracket tbh

Agreed, I think your right mid table Championship supported clubs :thumbright: