MY VIEW: " A HIGH PRESSURE GAME "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 am

MY VIEW:

A HIGH PRESSURE GAME :

Reading v Cardiff City

With Wolves dropping points against 10 man Sunderland and with 7th placed Leeds 10 points behind us -

Monday nights game is becoming quite a massive test for us.

If we win we will be 13 points ahead of 7th cementing our playoff position further.

Winning will also put us 2 points behind the leaders Wolves and so within our firing range.

The fact that we are on tv worries me because some of our players may start wanting to play ' tica taca ' football - which is not our game .

Will we rise to the occasion & grab this golden chance ? I think so. So far the pressure has not been on us & we've been the unfancied underdogs outperforming expectations - but not anymore and not this game.

We are no longer flying below the radar. So can we handle the high pressure of being a top team that everyone wants to shoot down ?

Umm.... I think so ! Do you ?

By the way I still think that Mendez-Laing vs Gunter and who will play as our right back are 2 important factors.
Attachments
IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG (157.99 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: " A HIGH PRESSURE GAME "

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 am

I’d have to disagree, if anything the pressure to win is less than it was before the weekend started. Even with a loss we will still be 3 pointsclear of third and as you said 10 points clear of 7th, so I feel there’s not so much pressure in us. A win though would be a huge statement. With Bolton and Hull as our next two games you’d feel confident that we’d extend our run as well, although as we all know no game is a gimme.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 am

The more points now the better

Not being a pesimist but all teams go through a blip , I hope we don't but if we do we need points on the board now
NIBluebird

Postby mallo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:36 am

City will relish any pressure play flowing football and Mr Warnock barmy army will march on !! A Blue Xmas awaits city style of football awaits the nation so expect bumper crowds at home over the festive season :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby Bananas » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am

I think we can and will beat a very average Reading team. 0-2 to the mighty Bluebirds with 1425 of our fans singing their hearts out :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :occasion5:
Bananas

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:41 am

We are in a run of "easy games".

We have been since the Wurzels and have maximised fully. No reason we cannot continue and not just go top but get some gap between us and whoever is 2nd just like we did when we last went up. Only concern I have is we don't do what we did last time and struggle to win once we are practically up and take that form into the Premier.
Bakedalasker

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 am

If we turn up and play (even for one half) we should still be to strong for Reading.

Hope the jolly in Amsterdam does not linger!!!
Pulisnewport

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 pm

I think the result of the game will come down to Warnocks team selection which in my view have not always been the right selections,he must not start the game with the starting 11 that started against Norwich
angelis1949

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We are in a run of "easy games".

We have been since the Wurzels and have maximised fully. No reason we cannot continue and not just go top but get some gap between us and whoever is 2nd just like we did when we last went up. Only concern I have is we don't do what we did last time and struggle to win once we are practically up and take that form into the Premier.

With all due respect there are no such thing as an easy game in the Championship
angelis1949

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Reading have ...WON .4 DRAWN.2. AND LOST.1 {to Wolves } in their last 7...not an easy game.
dogfound

Postby The Cobra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:39 pm

dogfound wrote:Reading have ...WON .4 DRAWN.2. AND LOST.1 {to Wolves } in their last 7...not an easy game.

And by all accounts Wolves were very lucky to win it! Though we play completly differemt style to Wolves!
The Cobra

Postby pengamblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Keep the faith lads, in warnock we trust BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:44 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

With all due respect there are no such thing as an easy game in the Championship

Easier games?
Bakedalasker

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Easier games?

I'm sorry to have to take issue with your terminology but every team in the Championship is more than capable of beating each other so so called easier games is purely theoretical
angelis1949

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:49 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Easier games?

I'm sorry to have to take issue with your terminology but every team in the Championship is more than capable of beating each other so so called easier games is purely theoretical

Lighten up.
Bakedalasker

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Easier games?

Lighten up.

Oh dear
angelis1949

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Easier games?

its not just the championship its football as a whole..i dont remember easy games in any division.
dogfound

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Leeds at home was on sky sports Annis, disagree with that point of us especially trying to play good and attractive football because we are on the box.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm

4-2 City
1980s Bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Leeds at home was on sky sports Annis, disagree with that point of us especially trying to play good and attractive football because we are on the box.

and we scored some lovely goals, especially the third one, against Leeds too, who were top if i remember rightly.
paulh_85

Postby Logie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

I dont think we will lose, i am worried about drawing. I think we should be beating Reading having seen both play, we are deffo the better team.

Players just got to go out and perform and bring home the 3 points.

Slow start but i think City start to get on top after 20 mins, 3-1 to City :ayatollah:
Logie

Return to General Chat