Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackburn fans

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 am

1,058 Blackburn fans away at Peterborough yesterday

340 mile round trip League one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Blackburn fans

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:48 pm

This shows what going to new grounds does for you Annis, Blackburn have always been notoriously shit travellers like Fulham and Bolton they used to get laughed at in the Premiership but seem to be taking a few everywhere now.

I see they have only ever played each other 7 times in history and this was their second visit in 43 years.

Fair play to them though. I honestly believe if we went down though that we would take loads to a lot of places, I know and do partly agree that we go away to watch Cardiff but I do believe that people are a bit bored after so long in this division visiting the same grounds.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:This shows what going to new grounds does for you Annis, Blackburn have always been notoriously shit travellers like Fulham and Bolton they used to get laughed at in the Premiership but seem to be taking a few everywhere now.

I see they have only ever played each other 7 times in history and this was their second visit in 43 years.

Fair play to them though. I honestly believe if we went down though that we would take loads to a lot of places, I know and do partly agree that we go away to watch Cardiff but I do believe that people are a bit bored after so long in this division visiting the same grounds.

I couldn't agree more. I think every fan would choose visiting a new ground ahead of somewhere they have been before. I've never been to Mansfield's Field Mill stadium, so it was a shame we were drawn to play them home instead of away. If Mansfield take us to a replay, I will definitely be going.

I can't understand why people don't realise the reason we don't take many away to some grounds is either because it's a ground we have already visited several times, so we would rather save our money for a trip somewhere different (like everyone else, I have to budget wisely); or if there is an attractive trip we enjoy, Sky and the police interfere to disrupt us with the game being moved to a more unsuitable day with a more unsuitable kick off time.

Apart from Burton and Wolves, every other away game under 2 and a half hours travelling time has been moved. That's Birmingham, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest and Reading so far. No doubt the Villa away game will be changed as well as it will be a big game. It's absolutely ridiculous, we have to travel further than most fans anyway because of our geographical location. No fans have got messed about as much as us this season!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:This shows what going to new grounds does for you Annis, Blackburn have always been notoriously shit travellers like Fulham and Bolton they used to get laughed at in the Premiership but seem to be taking a few everywhere now.

RV Casual, I agree and if we were relegated I actually believe we would take more away in the lower divisions than now.

But I do feel we have lost quite a few hundred due to Rebrand/Divide and they sadly might never return.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 pm

I love going to the small lower league grounds. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

murphy wrote:I love going to the small lower league grounds. :ayatollah:

And me :thumbright: :thumbright: