Re: Pitch inspection Cardiff City away at Reading

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:58 am

" TEAM NEWS / PLUS FAN NEWS "
READING V CARDIFF CITY
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190484 :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

ccfcsam25 wrote:Well Reading posted about 10 mins ago on twitter saying it was matchday. Maybe someone saw some snow and thought it would get some hits. I’ve not seen anything official to say there is an inspection

Agree totally there been no mention of an inspection anywhere when normally it would.

Me thinks Lapland trip getting some money back ha ha.

Annis, did you ask Santa if he could arrange an inspection!!!!

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
ccfcsam25 wrote:Well Reading posted about 10 mins ago on twitter saying it was matchday. Maybe someone saw some snow and thought it would get some hits. I’ve not seen anything official to say there is an inspection

Agree totally there been no mention of an inspection anywhere when normally it would.

Me thinks Lapland trip getting some money back ha ha.

Annis, did you ask Santa if he could arrange an inspection!!!!

:lol:

Karl, it was on Cardiff City FC FB :thumbright:

Thankfully all good :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 am

Lawnmower wrote:
CCFC selling until 1pm

Reading selling over the phone 01189681313 from 2pm and then from 6.30 PM at the ground . South Stand Ticket office between gate 9 and 10.

Cash or card

As it was always going to be Tim and what you were told in the Official Supporters Meeting, due to poor pre-ticket sales :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It will now be said because it was not officially put out, fans never knew, well I reached at least 25,000 fans including the Forum/Twitter/Fb :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 am

skiprat wrote:They are "spending money"on football in Cardiff. The home support this decade 2010 to present is the highest since the 1960s .the 80s/90s the home support averaged under 5000 for 2 decades although our away support was good.

I think we look back at the away followings in the 80's and 90's with rose tinted glasses. Sure we had reasonable following in the promotion years 83,88.93 and 98 and a few handful of cup games, Man City , Swansea , Shrewsbury , Stoke and given the timing the Boro replay. A reasonable number for derbies in Swansea, Bristol and Newport. The first and last games of the season for no other reason but outside of that we had pretty dismal followings. For every time I stood watching the game with over a thousand city fans there were 5 when there were less than 500 and quite often a good bit less than 500.

In 76 / 77 the year after promotion we took a pretty good following to most 20+ coachloads to most games but it was Hammam that really galvanised the away following and the Rams that provided the organisation that made that happen. So I would say the best prolonged period of away support in my 40 years of following city coincided with Hammam's tenure. We maintained it in the period following his departure / demise of the rams thanks to the frequent trips to Wembley and the new stadium effect.

So we came off a high away supporter base into a perfect storm. Relegation, disillusionment for a numerous of reasons, perceived lack of ambition and living in the shadow of Swansea for too long. We've gained hardly any supporters since relegation. Play stations etc have emptied the family stand while the grim reaper works its way around the rest of the ground decimating the grand stand support in particular.

For all that I would have expected that the first sign of green shoots would have them filling the ground. In fact so well have we been doing I thought we'd be locking the doors by now - that's a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point. I'm confident it will improve.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am

epping blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:They are "spending money"on football in Cardiff. The home support this decade 2010 to present is the highest since the 1960s .the 80s/90s the home support averaged under 5000 for 2 decades although our away support was good.

I think we look back at the away followings in the 80's and 90's with rose tinted glasses. Sure we had reasonable following in the promotion years 83,88.93 and 98 and a few handful of cup games, Man City , Swansea , Shrewsbury , Stoke and given the timing the Boro replay. A reasonable number for derbies in Swansea, Bristol and Newport. The first and last games of the season for no other reason but outside of that we had pretty dismal followings. For every time I stood watching the game with over a thousand city fans there were 5 when there were less than 500 and quite often a good bit less than 500.

In 76 / 77 the year after promotion we took a pretty good following to most 20+ coachloads to most games but it was Hammam that really galvanised the away following and the Rams that provided the organisation that made that happen. So I would say the best prolonged period of away support in my 40 years of following city coincided with Hammam's tenure. We maintained it in the period following his departure / demise of the rams thanks to the frequent trips to Wembley and the new stadium effect.

So we came off a high away supporter base into a perfect storm. Relegation, disillusionment for a numerous of reasons, perceived lack of ambition and living in the shadow of Swansea for too long. We've gained hardly any supporters since relegation. Play stations etc have emptied the family stand while the grim reaper works its way around the rest of the ground decimating the grand stand support in particular.

For all that I would have expected that the first sign of green shoots would have them filling the ground. In fact so well have we been doing I thought we'd be locking the doors by now - that's a bit of an exaggeration but you get my point. I'm confident it will improve.

The 9 years we spent in Division 4, I never missed a home or away game and from 1978- 2000, I missed no more than 8 away games.
From 1972 - 2016 I renewed my season ticket every season, I rem one season in the 90's we had barely 200 season ticket holders, I have just bought a half-season ticket :thumbright:

The point I am making is:
For me our away support could be as low as 11,50,70,150 away fans (night games), but over all compared to our home games our away support was brilliant compared to our home games.

Many times we took 500,800,1,5000 even as much as 3,000 away,yet many home games we only had 4,500 and few times as low as 1,400.