Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pitch inspection Cardiff City away at Reading

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

NB.. 9am pitch inspection at reading tomorrow morning.

Re: Pitch inspection Cardiff City away at Reading

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NB.. 9am pitch inspection at reading tomorrow morning.

That really surprises me. Forecast good too so can’t see any problems

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Access and all things are considered as well as the pitch.
Not looking good with the snow in and around London.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 pm

No doubt it will be called off with a perfect pitch but a bit of snow on ground! Cannot have people venturing out in it just incase someone gets sued by somebody tripping over snow flake? :shock:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No doubt it will be called off with a perfect pitch but a bit of snow on ground! Cannot have people venturing out in it just incase someone gets sued by somebody tripping over snow flake? :shock:

The fact it’s a 9am one is a good sign though I’d imagine. Just to speak with Reading officials / Police etc to check all will be in place. Perhaps there’d be another one at say 1pm if forecast isn’t great.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:49 pm

In fairness there is quite a bit of snow up here. I live in Hertfordshire and we have had a few inches and still going. All roads are terrible including m25 and a1m. Hopefully reading is a bit warmer than here :lol:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Forecasters are saying the 'best' of the snow could fall tonight in that area, so a morning inspection seems pretty prudent

Games were called of on Saturday with supporters well en route and with people taking time off work to travel, it's far better to be sure early on :thumbright:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:No doubt it will be called off with a perfect pitch but a bit of snow on ground! Cannot have people venturing out in it just incase someone gets sued by somebody tripping over snow flake? :shock:

The fact it’s a 9am one is a good sign though I’d imagine. Just to speak with Reading officials / Police etc to check all will be in place. Perhaps there’d be another one at say 1pm if forecast isn’t great.

Guess it's the way of life now? But good bit is if called off an get to rearranged game. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 pm

It is what it is . 9am though gives plenty of time for people to change working schedule etc

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Plenty snow in London harlequins playing with snow on pich and surrounding areas! :o

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm

The supporters' club coach that I'm on leaves the stadium at ten to three. A 9am inspection is sensible, although best to take a decision then, rather than put it off until, say, 1pm. Last season we had practically reached the ground in Brighton, when it was called off. Nothing anyone could do about the fog, though. Came down quickly.

Much less than BITD, but always a slight risk of postponements in winter.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Plenty snow in London harlequins playing with snow on pich and surrounding areas! :o

Yeah Saracens game has been postponed as well.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Bray wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Plenty snow in London harlequins playing with snow on pich and surrounding areas! :o

Yeah Saracens game has been postponed as well.

Quins game is on bt now! Problem is health and safety ott, what do they do in Europe where weather is far worse and longer ! Stay indoors and stop all outside activities for winter? :banghead:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 pm

NIBluebird wrote:It is what it is . 9am though gives plenty of time for people to change working schedule etc

Spot on Mike :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 pm

English people are generally softies but Reading and east of that they really are mega softies :laughing6:

#welshandeuropean

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:It is what it is . 9am though gives plenty of time for people to change working schedule etc

So if snow on ground will they call it off for H&S? or look at forcast and if they say snow coming call it off just in case? If conditions bad yes fair enough but just because snow on ground reason enough to postpone? Called off Lincoln fair because didn't want people and coaches getting in way of highways workers in case it snowed at the time! :roll:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Bananas wrote:English people are generally softies but Reading and east of that they really are mega softies :laughing6:

#welshandeuropean

Don't remember too many 'softies' at Upton Park or, especially, The Den!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

So if snow on ground will they call it off for H&S? or look at forcast and if they say snow coming call it off just in case? If conditions bad yes fair enough but just because snow on ground reason enough to postpone? Called off Lincoln fair because didn't want people and coaches getting in way of highways workers in case it snowed at the time! :roll:

The fact it’s on Sky means Reading will be busting s guy to get it on if that comes into it. Snow til 7pm then starting again 2am then stopping 8am on Monday. Pretty clear from then according to forecast.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:42 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
Bananas wrote:English people are generally softies but Reading and east of that they really are mega softies :laughing6:

#welshandeuropean

Don't remember too many 'softies' at Upton Park or, especially, The Den!

I do. All bravado but very soft :old:

#welshandeuropean

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The fact it’s on Sky means Reading will be busting s guy to get it on if that comes into it. Snow til 7pm then starting again 2am then stopping 8am on Monday. Pretty clear from then according to forecast.

How can you decide at 9am how conditions going to be 12hrs later? OK at 9 it could change by 5 pm so game can't go ahead or will they rely on a very unpredictable weather forecast to make decision?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think your right, I expect it to be on :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:18 pm

According to Vincent it's NOT pay on the day, Reading have not confirmed it.

Same for Bolton, NOT pay on the day.

Not having a pop but should not say it is unless the Club confirm it tbh.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think your right, I expect it to be on :thumbright: :thumbright:

I do too Annis. Just think they want to perhaps get s few things in place. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do another around 12 noon though.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:37 pm

RV Casual wrote:According to Vincent it's NOT pay on the day, Reading have not confirmed it.

In the coach providers meeting last Monday I asked if it was pay on the day and was told 'yes'

That's why I passed it on and also why when people are booking on this weekend I'm taking them without tickets.

Vince was there too.

There's no reason why it won't be anyway. It's a massive end with plenty of space and last year they opened 2 ticket booths

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
RV Casual wrote:According to Vincent it's NOT pay on the day, Reading have not confirmed it.

In the coach providers meeting last Monday I asked if it was pay on the day and was told 'yes'

That's why I passed it on and also why when people are booking on this weekend I'm taking them without tickets.

Vince was there too.

There's no reason why it won't be anyway. It's a massive end with plenty of space and last year they opened 2 ticket booths

I have been told as well its pay on the day,because of our poor ticket sales, the away end holds 4,350 for us.

Be lucky to get 1,800, yet its up the road and we are second from Top after 5 months.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Bolton Away has been pay on the day for the last 20 years, Not once has it been ticket only.

Its pay on the day :thumbright:

Reading will be pay on the day.

What your trying to do is give another excuse for poor away support, even if it was not pay on the day,all the away games should be virtually sold out any way in our position.

AND YES WE SHOULD SAY ITS PAY ON THE DAY IF ITS BEEN SAID AT AN OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING ORGANISED BY OUR CLUB & THEM IN ATTENDANCE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Plus if u wait for our club to say,as u usually use as another excuse, its to late for fans to decide to go :lol: :lol:

SO IF WE GET INFO FROM CLUB WE PUT IT OUT STRAIGHT AWAY HELPING OUR FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

90% OF OUR AWAY GAMES ARE PAY ON THE DAY :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Ummmm no Annis, I couldn't give a shit if there's 200 or 2000 there I'm just telling people what VInce has posted in the last hour and he's just said as it stands it's not pay on the day. Iv told a mate its pay on the day but I have now advises him to buy a ticket as do I f**k want him blaming me if Readingo won't let him in.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 pm

RV Casual wrote:Ummmm no Annis, I couldn't give a shit if there's 200 or 2000 there I'm just telling people what VInce has posted in the last hour and he's just said as it stands it's not pay on the day. Iv told a mate its pay on the day but I have now advises him to buy a ticket as do I f**k want him blaming me if Readingo won't let him in.

Why I got annoyed was because you say wait for our club to announce, they hardly announce anything and are slow on everything they do and u can't rely on them one bit.

BUT it was officially announced at the Supporters Meeting telling all the Groups by the Authorities & our club.

Unless we sell 2,500 tickets tomorrow day, its been said it will be pay on the night :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Going back to original reason for this thread! Need to take look at Amsterdam today and game was played even though was delayed slightly it went ahead with lots snow in surrounding area!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Cant find any news of a pitch inspection?
Reading even tweeting to purchase tickets a few minutes ago on a countdown to KO