Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Pitch inspection Cardiff City away at Reading

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Ummmm no Annis, I couldn't give a shit if there's 200 or 2000 there I'm just telling people what VInce has posted in the last hour and he's just said as it stands it's not pay on the day. Iv told a mate its pay on the day but I have now advises him to buy a ticket as do I f**k want him blaming me if Readingo won't let him in.

Why I got annoyed was because you say wait for our club to announce, they hardly announce anything and are slow on everything they do and u can't rely on them one bit.

BUT it was officially announced at the Supporters Meeting telling all the Groups by the Authorities & our club.

Unless we sell 2,500 tickets tomorrow day, its been said it will be pay on the night :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yeah that's all very well and good Annis but VInce Alma has just put on facebook that at this very moment in time it's NOT pay on the day. It's not coming from me.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:22 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Ummmm no Annis, I couldn't give a shit if there's 200 or 2000 there I'm just telling people what VInce has posted in the last hour and he's just said as it stands it's not pay on the day. Iv told a mate its pay on the day but I have now advises him to buy a ticket as do I f**k want him blaming me if Readingo won't let him in.

Why I got annoyed was because you say wait for our club to announce, they hardly announce anything and are slow on everything they do and u can't rely on them one bit.

BUT it was officially announced at the Supporters Meeting telling all the Groups by the Authorities & our club.

Unless we sell 2,500 tickets tomorrow day, its been said it will be pay on the night :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yeah that's all very well and good Annis but VInce Alma has just put on facebook that at this very moment in time it's NOT pay on the day. It's not coming from me.

RV Casual, thats all very well, then why was it Announced at the Official travel meeting by our club and the Authorities ?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

RV Casual, thats all very well, then why was it Announced at the Official travel meeting by our club and the Authorities ?

Vince Alm:

Reading have still not confirmed pay on the gate for tomorrow clash. Match tickets can still be bought from the ticket office tomorrow for those still wanting to go. The club are expecting confirmation sometime in the morning regards pay on the gate.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm

fred keenor wrote:Cant find any news of a pitch inspection?
Reading even tweeting to purchase tickets a few minutes ago on a countdown to KO

I just looked at their website too, nothing on there as yet.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Vince Alm:

Reading have still not confirmed pay on the gate for tomorrow clash. Match tickets can still be bought from the ticket office tomorrow for those still wanting to go. The club are expecting confirmation sometime in the morning regards pay on the gate.

Thank You :thumbup: Not pay on the day then (yet anyway), so yet again, our fans are dicked about. Anybody who fancies randomly going to this will now have to wait until tomorrow for confirmation that they can actually pay on the night, why?

I don't doubt for one second that it probably will be pay on the day, BUT Reading and Bolton at this very moment in time are not but you have put it out there that they are, weeks in advance, that's your prerogative, its your website and I know you do it with the best of intentions but another BUT from me which may make you understand where I am coming from with this is that I have been caught out twice.

Once at Wolves and of all places Norwich. I traveled to Norwich to watch us play and we only took about 600 around about 2008 and they would not let me pay on the day, I even asked with Richard Weber to have a word but Norwich were having none of it, ticket only, I ended up jibbing in to the Gunn Club through a side door and watched some of the game till I got thrown out but that's another story :lol: .

We are on the same page mate, we both want fans to travel, all im saying and all it will take is for some prick in Reading or Bolton to wake up on the wrong side of bed tomorrow and they can say ticket only at the drop of a hat and you are going to have people traveling and not getting in on the back of what you have put out, if the club just scrap this stupid members/st only thing they have going on anyone can just go and I can guarantee you our numbers on the road will rise :thumbup:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Never ever believe anything on Facecloth, fake news and full of chavs. Official website :old: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :old: I'm leaving Brecon at 12.00 tomorrow and making my way up regardless (no ticket) :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:52 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Vince Alm:

Thank You :thumbup: Not pay on the day then (yet anyway), so yet again, our fans are dicked about. Anybody who fancies randomly going to this will now have to wait until tomorrow for confirmation that they can actually pay on the night, why?

I don't doubt for one second that it probably will be pay on the day, BUT Reading and Bolton at this very moment in time are not but you have put it out there that they are, weeks in advance, that's your prerogative, its your website and I know you do it with the best of intentions but another BUT from me which may make you understand where I am coming from with this is that I have been caught out twice.

Once at Wolves and of all places Norwich. I traveled to Norwich to watch us play and we only took about 600 around about 2008 and they would not let me pay on the day, I even asked with Richard Weber to have a word but Norwich were having none of it, ticket only, I ended up jibbing in to the Gunn Club through a side door and watched some of the game till I got thrown out but that's another story :lol: .

We are on the same page mate, we both want fans to travel, all im saying and all it will take is for some prick in Reading or Bolton to wake up on the wrong side of bed tomorrow and they can say ticket only at the drop of a hat and you are going to have people traveling and not getting in on the back of what you have put out, if the club just scrap this stupid members/st only thing they have going on anyone can just go and I can guarantee you our numbers on the road will rise :thumbup:

RV Casual, thats all very well, then why was it Announced at the Official travel meeting by our club and the Authorities?
They told the 14 different travel clubs.
So for me this was official :thumbright:

I also agree, it would be unfair for fans if they never got in and yes they would shout at this forum, but this did come officially from our club.

What Lawnmower said is right they keep it till last moment so our police can see how many are travelling.

But what I will say is, 90% of our away games for the last 4 years have been pay on the gate :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Plus I have never seen a City fan not get in as Vince calm usually carries 30-50 extra tickets :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Well said Annis :ayatollah: do the ayatollah :ayatollah: Annis........

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Firstly we have all had about 3 weeks to get a ticket, why leave it to the last moments huh ?

Also saying that i went there a few years ago and didn't have a ticket and still got in.

Mountains and molehills

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Annis it's a Monday night game you can't surely expect so many.. I work 11-5 on Monday then 6am on Tuesday.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Annis it's a Monday night game you can't surely expect so many.. I work 11-5 on Monday then 6am on Tuesday.

The fans who don't go away are the ones like me who generally stopped going for their own reasons ! Trying to compare us to any club big or small is totally daft as every club have different levels of support , just because we are near top doesn't alter reasons for not going. As for argument about fans going when in premiership that's because there will be totally different people going to man u ect ect and it beares no comparison to championship whatsoever. :old:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Annis it's a Monday night game you can't surely expect so many.. I work 11-5 on Monday then 6am on Tuesday.

The fans who don't go away are the ones like me who generally stopped going for their own reasons ! Trying to compare us to any club big or small is totally daft as every club have different levels of support , just because we are near top doesn't alter reasons for not going. As for argument about fans going when in premiership that's because there will be totally different people going to man u ect ect and it beares no comparison to championship whatsoever. :old:

I was in uni for a year then quit and had no money and got a part time job last September and work 12-5 on Saturday's so not only I cannot attend away I can't attend many home.. last time I done an away it was called off. :lol:

I could do Tuesday's but the coach in my area don't do midweek games unless they get good interest, I think English teams not taking it away from them when they take good numbers in situations where they are in a rut but they have better travel prices when it comes to transport.

I know a lot of Leed's fans who attend 5-10 home games a season and do 15+ away's, hence why they have such good numbers.

If we were to go up, I would probably still be in this same situation if I am still in the job I am.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Firstly we have all had about 3 weeks to get a ticket, why leave it to the last moments huh ?

Also saying that i went there a few years ago and didn't have a ticket and still got in.

Mountains and molehills

Correct on both accounts :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Dando, NO one expects every City fan to go. :thumbright:

But if you want to go, you can go, an example Carl finishes work at 5.30pm in Neath and is going :thumbright: Mallo finishes work at 5.30pm in Penarth, Thankfully an 8pm kick off is perfect for them as from Cardiff itself you can get to Reading in an hour 20mins :thumbright: :bluebird:

if you can't make this game, City have plenty of other games, those days of going to every away game have long gone for most fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Firstly we have all had about 3 weeks to get a ticket, why leave it to the last moments huh ?

Mountains and molehills

Not entirely as tickets are restricted to Season Ticket Holders and Away Members which rules out floating fans, who are the people we need to boost our followings to the level you think they should be.

Two teams who took big away followings on here this weekend that you have bigged up, Birmingham and Portsmouth, both on general sale to the public, no memberships required.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Mountains and molehills

Not entirely as tickets are restricted to Season Ticket Holders and Away Members which rules out floating fans, who are the people we need to boost our followings to the level you think they should be.

Two teams who took big away followings on here this weekend that you have bigged up, Birmingham and Portsmouth, both on general sale to the public, no memberships required.

First they both deserved to be bugged up if you were honest.

We have 14,000 season ticket holders and over 1,000 members surely we can take big away supports with that?
Plus friends always get Friends tickets a fact when needed :thumbup:

A bit more honesty please, the truth is, we have lost our once great away support and not because of Membership.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 pm

RVCasual a Sad fact.

Burnley v Cardiff City for Cardiff City to win the Championship for the first time in our history after an amazing season.

I was so broken by the Rebrand I honestly wasn't going to go and only at midnight the night before Carl, rang me and said you should not miss out on such s great occasion and it was pay on the day, No id or memberships needed.

One of the biggest games in our history, Carl's car was full, I rang JAFFA from Bridgend persuaded him to go.

We went up, amazing day, our allocation was 3,500, Wevtook less than 1,300 fans :cry: :cry:
For me that tells me we have lost so many diehards and that's the truth and facts.

Most new fans of ours don't go away hardly.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm

100% correct.during the 80s/90s our home support was poor.our away support was good even in mid week.
Now the home support(even though I think should be much higher)is at its highest level since the 1960s.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:47 pm

skiprat wrote:100% correct.during the 80s/90s our home support was poor.our away support was good even in mid week.
Now the home support(even though I think should be much higher)is at its highest level since the 1960s.

times were different..and lots were right up for a tear up in England that wouldnt dream of going to NP unless there would be away fans..

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:21 pm

skiprat wrote:100% correct.during the 80s/90s our home support was poor.our away support was good even in mid week.

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Simple fact is we don't have thousands of fans who go away anymore in championship!
This us not the 70s or 80s even the 90s it's today and we have different type of supporter now and who have lots more to spend money on besides football? at end day it's a personal choice and no amount of moaning on here will change that . :thumbup:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Live on Sky - Think they will do their best to get the game on - if not gives our squad a few more days rest .

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:Simple fact is we don't have thousands of fans who go away anymore in championship!
This us not the 70s or 80s even the 90s it's today and we have different type of supporter now and who have lots more to spend money on besides football? at end day it's a personal choice and no amount of moaning on here will change that . :thumbup:

Allan, Your virtually spot on, sad though,but honest :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am

They are "spending money"on football in Cardiff. The home support this decade 2010 to present is the highest since the 1960s .the 80s/90s the home support averaged under 5000 for 2 decades although our away support was good.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:NB.. 9am pitch inspection at reading tomorrow morning.

Any news?? :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Simple fact is we don't have thousands of fans who go away anymore in championship!

Allan, Your virtually spot on, sad though,but honest :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis I know people find money for in premiership but the they are not die hard city fans just casual watchers who are interested in seeing big stars. I Will say though given a period of success like the five /six years we had around 2008 our support will be in mid 20k and not much more :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 am

It’s a modern stadium with undersoil heating so I assume whether the match goes ahead depends the amount of snow in the area rather than in the ground itself.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 am

When do you think there will be an update? Wondering whether my boys school still need to know about their 'dentist appointment' this afternoon!

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:46 am

Match is on and looks likely to go ahead, can't see why not :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 am

Well Reading posted about 10 mins ago on twitter saying it was matchday. Maybe someone saw some snow and thought it would get some hits. I’ve not seen anything official to say there is an inspection