Lee Tomlin tells Sky Sports:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Cardiff goalscorer Lee Tomlin tells Sky Sports:

"It just proves our character. We dig deep and that's what happens when you don't take your foot off the gas.

"It's a lot of effort for the travelling fans to come out in the cold and I'm glad we've rewarded them."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lee Tomlin tells Sky Sports:

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Imo needs to start against Hull. Every time he plays we look better and more creative, he's been given chance after chance and he takes it every time.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm

To a point I can see why people want him in but he is clearly not fit enough to start.

If he was fit i’d certainly start him but at the moment it’s down to him to sort it out.
piledriver64

Postby Scoularfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 pm

As u say he s not fit ,still a force tho ,up to him .
We fought back well ,not 2nd in the table for nothing we r a hard side to beat
Scoularfan

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Imo needs to start against Hull. Every time he plays we look better and more creative, he's been given chance after chance and he takes it every time.

Interesting what Bellemy said about him that's he needs to up his fitness levels
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby RV Casual » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Imo needs to start against Hull. Every time he plays we look better and more creative, he's been given chance after chance and he takes it every time.

Interesting what Bellemy said about him that's he needs to up his fitness levels

He doesn't look like he could play a full 90 at the moment, think Warnock is doing well with him and will easend him in slowly and we will see the rewards of thathe eventually
RV Casual

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Same as what warnock said after Norwich. Start him though I say, even if he only last 45-60 mins and build his fitness up!
nubbsy

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 am

It was cold alright!
llangainbluebird

Postby Bluesman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:50 am

Desperately need his creativity. Run him up and down Leckwith hill a few times to get him fit.
Bluesman

Postby stephendavid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Bluesman wrote:Desperately need his creativity. Run him up and down Leckwith hill a few times to get him fit.

Hahahaha
stephendavid

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Tomlin has ability, but it's simply unacceptable for a professional footballer to not be fit enough to play a game of 90 minutes. that is the reason he is only getting half an hour here and there.
northernbluebird

Postby since64 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

northernbluebird wrote:Tomlin has ability, but it's simply unacceptable for a professional footballer to not be fit enough to play a game of 90 minutes. that is the reason he is only getting half an hour here and there.

For me the guy is a disgrace we are near to Christmas and he still isn’t fit to play ninety minutes can’t believe Warnock puts up with this ,unless there is something going on we don’t know about
since64

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm

since64 wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:Tomlin has ability, but it's simply unacceptable for a professional footballer to not be fit enough to play a game of 90 minutes. that is the reason he is only getting half an hour here and there.

For me the guy is a disgrace we are near to Christmas and he still isn’t fit to play ninety minutes can’t believe Warnock puts up with this ,unless there is something going on we don’t know about

He's a luxury we can afford at the moment. I'm happy for him to play 30 minutes every week if he keeps getting assists / goals. He tries when he plays so I guess he probably trains well too? I can't see Warnock taking shit, although, Adel Taraabt was the same apparently.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

this has been what Tomlins been like his whole career why are people surprised?
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

paulh_85 wrote:this has been what Tomlins been like his whole career why are people surprised?

Agree - Don't really care either as long as he gives 100% when on the pitch. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 pm

People asking for Tomlin to start and play 55 minutes instead of 20 + 30 minute cameos. The opposition for the first 55 minutes have their most energy, most cautious, feeling a game out. Warnock is trying to keep us in with a shout and then unleashing him whilst others are getting tired. Makes the most sense in the World to play Tomlin at full pelt for 30 minutes whilst the opposition is tired.

Pointless for the first 55 and teams pass around us and he's blowing out his arse
Bellamys barmy army

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Warnock said Tomlin is unlucky and struggles with his weight and fitness but I have to say he made a massive difference last night and the Norwich game .

The delight on his face when he scored was a pleasure to watch too he loved it so lets hope he gets a lot more goals starting with the Hull game
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:People asking for Tomlin to start and play 55 minutes instead of 20 + 30 minute cameos. The opposition for the first 55 minutes have their most energy, most cautious, feeling a game out. Warnock is trying to keep us in with a shout and then unleashing him whilst others are getting tired. Makes the most sense in the World to play Tomlin at full pelt for 30 minutes whilst the opposition is tired.

Pointless for the first 55 and teams pass around us and he's blowing out his arse

spot on..we dont need him running around after lost causes early doors we need him to pick locks in the last quarter.
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 am

As posted on another thread - Bellers can see what is happening at the training ground with the squad .

Tomlin has had other matters to sort out off the training field with that court case this season .

So it's more than a day in court - time away from the training ground etc..

Bellers point is how much is he doing in the time he is there - as we known Tomlin has the ability to do a job .
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:As posted on another thread - Bellers can see what is happening at the training ground with the squad .

Tomlin has had other matters to sort out off the training field with that court case this season .

Bellers point is how much is he doing in the time he is there - as we known Tomlin has the ability to do a job .

Don't need many days off training apart from the days your in court there's not alot else you can do. So a hand full of days isn't really an excuse to not be fit I'm not buying this one sorry
nubbsy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 am

nubbsy wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:As posted on another thread - Bellers can see what is happening at the training ground with the squad .

Don't need many days off training apart from the days your in court there's not alot else you can do. So a hand full of days isn't really an excuse to not be fit I'm not buying this one sorry

So you don't need days away's from the training ground to see solicitor's - Their open on a Saturday and Sunday ??
Open to spend as much time as possible to help you fight your case within the week ???
Been a good boy all your life to not know how the law of the land works ??

I Think you missed the point here - Bellers is RIGHT - Tomlin needs to do more but has been side tracked by his pass !!!
Give the lad a chance to prove his worth for himself and the manager who got him here .
TopCat CCFC

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 am

I don’t buy it either.
We’re in the middle of December and the guy is nowhere near fit. It seems he can’t even play 45 minutes.
With the facilities available to professionals along with top nutritional and dietary advice there is absolutely no excuse.

I’m a fan of Tomlin and would like to see more of him but I think with the system and style Warnock plays, bringing him on late in the game suits the manager.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm

since64 wrote:

i agree. just because we are 2nd and not in the relegation zone does not mean we should excuse a basic lack of professionalism from any player, no matter their ability.

if he is only available for 30 minute stints instead of 90, then we are effectively paying him triple the wages.
northernbluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don’t buy it either.
We’re in the middle of December and the guy is nowhere near fit. It seems he can’t even play 45 minutes.
With the facilities available to professionals along with top nutritional and dietary advice there is absolutely no excuse.

I’m a fan of Tomlin and would like to see more of him but I think with the system and style Warnock plays, bringing him on late in the game suits the manager.

You again with another dig - keep it up as i am not going away :o ( 1 for you there )

As Bellers said again and work this out when he is there he might not do much in training .
My point off the field issues and injured at some part of the season - less time to train so behind match fitness.
Should we have kept Whitts ??? Or keep to NM plans ???
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat