Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it me or does Paterson look a little overweight?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Just a question, not an attack on him as I think he's been awesome for us recently, but tonight I saw Dave Edwards out pace him and he seemed slow and sluggish tonight and a bit heavy legged.

Re: Is it me or does Paterson look a little overweight?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Just a question, not an attack on him as I think he's been awesome for us recently, but tonight I saw Dave Edwards out pace him and he seemed slow and sluggish tonight and a bit heavy legged.

Yes I mentioned this earlier definitely looked sluggish and carrying weight unless he had extra clothing on to keep warm? :laughing6:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Think it's just his build mate, if he was overweight or unfit he wouldn't be anywhere near the team, Warnock, Blackwell and Jespson wouldn't have none of it. I wouldn't read to much into it tbh, he's never going to be the quickest.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Didn’t look match fit tbh
Was yard off the pace but that’s to be expected considering the injury he had?
Mendez-Laing looked yard short imo didn’t look explosive over the first few yards

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Not match fit but still getting up to speed. think he's just stocky build. Def not a midfielder for me though.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 am

I thought he was mediocre at best.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 am

I thought the same and I also thought Mendez looked overweight. I think 5 layers of clothing plus that Lime kit did not make anyone look like they had a 6 pack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

eats at the same nandos as tomlin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am

nubbsy wrote:Not match fit but still getting up to speed. think he's just stocky build. Def not a midfielder for me though.

I would've said he's not a full back and plays better going forward. :laughing6:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

Bit of a learning curve for Patterson,the Scottish Prem this ain't. I don't think we'll see him at his best until next season.A bit like Hoilet was last season.