Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: A deserved point & great turnout

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 am

Neil Warnock: A deserved point & great turnout

Cardiff City FC

Manager delighted with Madejski Stadium comeback...

Neil Warnock cited strength from within a tight squad as having manifested itself in Monday evening’s second half performance at Reading.

The Bluebirds were 2-0 down after 82 minutes, though battled for a deserved point courtesy of goals from Joe Bennett and substitute, Lee Tomlin.

And speaking to press and media at the Madejski Stadium after the game, the manager spoke of feeling ‘goosebumps’ as he spoke to his troops in the dressing room.

“I had a great feeling speaking to them in there after the game,” said the Gaffer.

“We didn’t play well in the first half but we changed some things at half time and gave it everything. We felt there were more goals to be had and I thought it was a cracking game.

“I let big Sol [Bamba] have a word with them before I spoke [during the interval]. The players said somethings between themselves, then I had my say and after that I thought we were much better.

“Sol was a colossus, he didn’t put a foot wrong. Then Rallsy [Joe Ralls] was a Rolls-Royce out there like he always is. He’s a manager’s dream; doesn’t cause any problems and then is always there when you need him.”

Joe Bennett and Lee Tomlin scored their first goals of the season; Bennett’s a precise left-footed effort from inside the area and Tomlin’s given courtesy of goal-line technology which proved that his effort had struck the bar and bounced over the line.

And the Manager was quick to praise both those players for the impact that they made in a critical spell – as well as the 1,400 Bluebirds fans in Berkshire.

“Tommo [Lee Tomlin] knows what I think of him,” Neil stated. “He knows what he needs to do to get fit enough to play a full 90 minutes for me; at the moment he’s only fit enough to play parts of the game but we’re working on that.

“Bennett did well to get his goal – that’s a left-back shooting there remember - while I thought Junior Hoilett was excellent again. It’s hard being a forward and having to create, but the ball just seemed to stick to his foot.

“It was cold, but it was a great turnout again from our fans. They made themselves heard, were instrumental and they’ll go home happy.

"If your lads have given everything you can’t ask for more.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: A deserved point & great turnout

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.