Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DIAFRA SAKHO AN AUDACIOUS CITY TARGET?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 am

Cardiff City planning audacious swoop for West Ham United striker — reports
ByDominic Booth

Tuesday 12th December 2017

Cardiff City are targeting an audacious swoop to sign West Ham United striker Diafra Sakho, according to reports.

The Bluebirds are currently struggling for numbers up front with both Kenneth Zohore and Danny Ward out injured — they relied on left-back Joe Bennett and super-sub Lee Tomlin for goals in Monday night's 2-2 draw at Reading.

And the Daily Mail claim Cardiff could bring in Sakho, the Hammers forward whose future is in doubt, in a stunning January transfer.

It is claimed West Ham want £12million for the Senegalese international, which seems an unlikely figure given the Bluebirds' limited transfer budget.

Sakho has scored five goals in 17 appearances for club and country this season, but only one of those has been in the Premier League for David Moyes' side.

His contract at the London Stadium expires at the end of the season.

Bluebirds fans are still waiting for news on the fitness of Ward, while Zohore is expected to make his long-awaited return from an Achilles injury in the New Year.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... o-14025774
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sakho to city ?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am

wez1927 wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-west-ham-sakho-14025774

Would be an odd one for me.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 am

:lol: let's hope , genuinely can't see it

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am

12 million with his contract up in the summer having scored 1 goal for them season. I accept he's had limited game time but they have no chance although nothing would surprise me in the world of football transfers. Transfer I would say is out of the question given his wages but maybe a possible loan towards the end of Jan if West Ham want to cut they're wage loss for a few months.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am

It will be more like £6m but even that is way beyond our finances :thumbup:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

Replacement for Ken? Just throwing it out there !

Re: DIAFRA SAKHO AN AUDACIOUS CITY TARGET?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am

Which WOL clown wrote this report. We cant afford such players or their wages. We don't want to get back into the situation where we were and still are trying to get shot of anyone on over 10K/Week, it destabilises the club. :clap:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am

boyosback wrote:Replacement for Ken? Just throwing it out there !

I think so

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 am

wez1927 wrote:

I think so

I asked before, who is going to buy a player not yet back from a strange injury and at the prices City will want? :?

Neil Warnock rates him and IMHO (that's all it is) he won't go anywhere this side of the summer break ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 am

12m!? for a player who's out of contract in the summer? F*ck off!. id take him on loan till the end of the season and if we go up sign him on a free but I find this story highly unlikely. Great player mind.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 am

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

I asked before, who is going to buy a player not yet back from a strange injury and at the prices City will want? :?

Neil Warnock rates him and IMHO (that's all it is) he won't go anywhere this side of the summer break ;) :ayatollah:

Maybe he's fit but not being risked coz he's sold ?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

what? :lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:17 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Paul, Jessie Ventura is on Cardiff City Forum and disguised as Wez! ;) :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Makes sense to me Wez :thumbright: and to be honest I'd happily swap.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Is it just me that can't bring myself to take anything the daily mail writes seriously?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Wez why are you just making up rumours in your head!?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Wouldn't be the first player not rushed back coz he's on his way 14 million we should of taken

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Wouldn't be the first player not rushed back coz he's on his way 14 million we should of taken

so Warnock is just lying to all of us?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

It's my opinion ,what are you, the forum police :lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

?? its a forum right? im asking for your opinion :lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

No I havnt said that I've said he isn't rushing him back because he could be on his way nothing about lying ffs

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

No I havnt said that I've said he isn't rushing him back because he could be on his way nothing about lying ffs

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Wez, lying to make friends. :thumbup:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Can't see the sense in this one myself.The guy is on 20k a week at the hammers and hardly prolific

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Wez, with respect, Neil Warnock has reiterated time over that Kenneth Zohore is very much in his plans and he sees him as (quote) "integral" to a promotion push this season :thumbright:

Joking apart, it's all about opinions. You have yours and they should be respected, as should those of others within the boundaries of acceptable behaviour :)

The ONLY quote I can find that contradicts Kenneth Zohore remaining a City player for the remainder of this season at least, is this interview with Neil Warnock back in the sumer and before the season had even kicked off...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... y-13641287

In it, Neil Warnock states "Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock admits the club may sell star striker Kenneth Zohore in January - if the club's promotion hopes have faded by Christmas."

Given our current position, it seems pretty clear to me that Kenneth Zohore will stay, but I guess this is football and tomorrow is a different day! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

its football so nothing would really surprise me.. but my thoughts are the same as yours..
yes in the summer after that end of season goal rush but since then just 3 goals in 12 and then this injury...i dont see bids coming in either, at least not the sort that we were offered last summer.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Rumour police actually, if you've got no facts I don't wana hear it! :lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think so

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:lol:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 pm

:occasion5:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Wez let's wait and see, if you notice the updates given today on our injured players by Warnock no mention of Zohore unless I read it wrong.

I believe there is some truth in Zohore going in January fee in the Region of 8/9 million Warnock given that type of money to spend would surely get us over the line.

Let's be fair he wasn't pulling up any trees beginning of the season and we haven't done to badly without him, maybe we have to sacrifice one player of value in order to bring in the three or four we need.