What a Rip off

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What a Rip off

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:29 pm

£4.50 a Coventry City fan paid for this at Morecambe on Saturday. Away fans are treated like shit, especially outside the Premier League.
Attachments
IMG_3872.JPG
IMG_3872.JPG (72.17 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

What a Rip off

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What a Rip off

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Like I have said on here about various things in the past, if people are prepared to be ripped off and pay the money, there will always be people prepared to rip you off.
I won't splash out stupid money on anything, so these sort of people will never get a penny from me. If everyone did the same, it would be impossible for this sort of nonsense to happen.
We are not known as rip off Britain for nothing, but unfortunately we have enough people here who are happy enough to be ripped off, and therefore nothing will ever change. :old:
Steve Zodiak

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Like I have said on here about various things in the past, if people are prepared to be ripped off and pay the money, there will always be people prepared to rip you off.
I won't splash out stupid money on anything, so these sort of people will never get a penny from me. If everyone did the same, it would be impossible for this sort of nonsense to happen.
We are not known as rip off Britain for nothing, but unfortunately we have enough people here who are happy enough to be ripped off, and therefore nothing will ever change. :old:

Steve, your spot on :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

What a mug
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Unless he saw what it looked like before he paid for it a bit difficult to get refund ? Although think I would demand money back looking at what is an apology for hot dog! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Stadium food is always cheap nasty shite and everyone knows that by now. If they saw the price and were still willing to pay it he can't complain in my opinion. What was he expecting with food from a van :?
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm

That looks quite healthy compared to the pies in Ninian Park in the 80s!
1980s Bluebird

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Apart from a few notables (and I include us as one), the standard fare offered to away fans is terrible. Burton was a joke this season, crap beer (and they are a brewery town!), huge queues and charging away fans more for their rank food than they charge the home fans! Yeovil and Northampton also at the bottom of my pie league.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:That looks quite healthy compared to the pies in Ninian Park in the 80s!

I remember they used to sell cheese sandwiches which looked like they'd been there since the season before. The curled edges of the cheese was so hard you could see through it. Cant remember anyone buying one, folks would just glare at them while queuing for bovril.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby rhondda 1015 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Never buy anything inside our ground, way too expensive. I usually get a burger/hot dog from the van/stall opposite the away end, cheap and tasty enough.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby murphy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

The eating and drinking facilities in the Yankee stadium, NYC are out of this world and I had an huge hotdog for around the same price as that thing in the pic.

I wont buy food in the grounds over here though!
murphy

Postby stephendavid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Bloody hell mun thats a small sausage
stephendavid

Postby Jock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:That looks quite healthy compared to the pies in Ninian Park in the 80s!

They tasted shite but we’re very aerodynamic, ask the wee English John Bull guy who copped one straight in the dial at a Wales v England Match.
Jock

Postby Bluesman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am

You don't have to buy things, leave the trader end up with the pile of shit. :banghead:
Bluesman

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 am

murphy wrote:The eating and drinking facilities in the Yankee stadium, NYC are out of this world and I had an huge hotdog for around the same price as that thing in the pic.

I don't think Americans are as gullible as us where spending money is concerned. They don't like being ripped off, and I am lucky enough to spend a large part of each year out there where I always feel I am getting more value for money than over here. We are so used to being ripped off in this country that when something is fairly priced we feel we are getting an absolute bargain. :old:
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
murphy wrote:The eating and drinking facilities in the Yankee stadium, NYC are out of this world and I had an huge hotdog for around the same price as that thing in the pic.

I don't think Americans are as gullible as us where spending money is concerned. They don't like being ripped off, and I am lucky enough to spend a large part of each year out there where I always feel I am getting more value for money than over here. We are so used to being ripped off in this country that when something is fairly priced we feel we are getting an absolute bargain. :old:

Steve, both you and murphy are spot on! :thumbright:

Experienced similar on my visits to sporting arenas in the USA. The fans are brilliant but not so when they feel they are being ripped off. As you'll know, they don't do subtle! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat