Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK CHARGED BY THE FA “

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:28 pm

8E7AEAAA-5F44-4611-8773-3270C6B353E6.jpeg

Wednesday 13th December 2017

By Ian Mitchelmore

Neil Warnock has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association after being sent off during Cardiff City's 2-2 draw with Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Monday night.

The Bluebirds were trailing 2-0 when referee Stephen Martin sent the Yorkshireman to the stands.

And the FA have announced that Warnock has until 6pm on Friday, December 15 to respond to the charge.

An FA statement read: "Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has been charged with misconduct following his sending-off during the game against Reading on Monday 11 December 2017.

"He has until 6pm on Friday 15 December to respond."

Mo Barrow's deflected strike along with Callum Paterson's own-goal gave the Royals a two-goal advantage at the break, and Warnock was dismissed from the touchline in the 77th minute of the game at the Madejski Stadium.

ut late goals from Joe Bennett and substitute Lee Tomlin ensured the Bluebirds claimed a point and stretched their unbeaten run to five matches.

Speaking about the incident in his post-match press conference at the Madejski Stadium, Warnock said: "I’ve been in the game 37 years and I've never been sent off for something like this.

"He gave a free-kick against Paterson and when you look at it never should have been, it should’ve been our free-kick.

"I said to the fourth official - who’s an experienced man, I’ve said a lot of good things about him in the past - I said “he’s arched his back”, it’s similar to one in the first half. I find it amazing.

"I’m 69-years-old and I’ve never been sent off for anything as trivial as that.

"I don’t know what they’ll say. The fans might have enjoyed it. Someone usually gets sent off when I’m at Reading so it was my turn tonight."

And when asked where he watched the final quarter of the match, Warnock responded: "They said I’ll take you to the directors box and I said are you joking? This is Reading. I’m not going anywhere near their fans.

"I said I’ll watch it on my phone but I couldn’t get 3G in the dressing room.

"I ended up going in the TV section with a few of the guys and when we got the first goal they shot off.

"I saw the second goal and obviously celebrated running around the little room on my own."

9A4AA6D7-F3C1-4249-BA6D-5B140862F2D6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK CHARGED BY THE FA “

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 pm

No excuse for our performance it wasn’t our best, but I have to say he is up there with one of the worst refs I’ve seen us have in years. I’m surprised warnock was as calm as he was tbh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm

They will find him guilty anyway but he might enjoy appealing to air some views and embarrass a few with the truth

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Some of these refs should get charged with incompetence. I don't like blaming refs/linos but we seem to get more than our fair share of beauts. I just wonder if given NWs history with questioning officials, he and his team are targeted?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Absolutely love the guy he's got a law all of his own,there really is only 1 Neil Warnock.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 am

WARNOCK LEGEND

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 am

Mans a legend you won't change him a real character football needs no nonsense men like NW :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 am

mallo wrote: WARNOCK LEGEND

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am

Mourinho, Allardyce, Guardiola all do far worse on the touch line and never get even spoken to, I think the ref was just trying to be the centre of attention again.

If I recall it was him against Millwall at home that he would sprint up the middle off the pitch during stoppage and he got some stick for that.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 am

As a former referee (up to League of Wales etc) I have some sympathy with good referees and the difficult job that they do. I think we all know that Neil is not the easiest person to have to deal with from a referee's position BUTthis referee on Monday was poor in his decision making and most importantly it was clear to see that his ability to man-manage throughout the game was non-existent. I do believe he wanted to collect a badge to say I dismissed Neil Warnock on TV.