Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "I FEEL BETRAYED"

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:28 pm

northernbluebird wrote:he was ranting and raving all game and needs to keep his temper / emotions under control. he is also complaining that what he said was recorded against him - if he didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to fear.

he's been a fantastic manager, but this is why he is hated by many fans in the UK - no respect for people trying to do their job. to anyone who thinks they have a right to scream and swear at referees - try and do the job yourself.

Feck the refs they are all fecking shit anyway :wave:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:he was ranting and raving all game and needs to keep his temper / emotions under control. he is also complaining that what he said was recorded against him - if he didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to fear.

he's been a fantastic manager, but this is why he is hated by many fans in the UK - no respect for people trying to do their job. to anyone who thinks they have a right to scream and swear at referees - try and do the job yourself.

So what , bit of passion coming from him . Ban doesn't do us any good but the referee was shite and deserved to hear it IMO .

Takes a certain class of person to be a football ref , same as a traffic warden .

Yes pricks :thumbup:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 pm

This is Warnock ,this is way he is and always will be and help make him the manager he is today,I love his passion and much prefer to see our gaffer like this on the touchline rather than just stand there like a dummy as some of our previous managers did.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:As far as I know football is the only sport where officials are given abuse from the beginning to the end of a match. There are plenty of sports where terrible decisions are made but if these officials suffered the abuse soccer refs have to go through, the punishment dished out would be a lot more than a fine.
The ref was terrible and should be asked to explain his actions by his superiors. There can never be any excuse for officials suffering abuse from players or managers, and with players constantly trying to con refs as well as managers swearing at them from the touchline, something needs to be done.
If Warnock had been Reading's manager, I am sure the comments on here would be completely different to what has been posted today.

Absolute nonsense. Ref's shouldn't be able to escape criticism, players and managers receive it and get on with it and so should they. Just like any of us in our jobs if we are doing s**t we should be criticised and rightfully so.

there is being criticised and being yelled at by some rude fucker calling you every name under the sun.

i dont know what you do for a living, but if your boss shouted across the room calling you a useless c**t that wouldnt be right would it :lol:

Criticism not abuse, look at what Warnock said and tell me if that warrants a fine and sending off.

I don't know exactly what Warnock said or how he said it. What I do know is he is often seen yelling at officials, red in the face with rage, and looking like his head is about to explode. He is not the only one by a long way. Players are often seen surrounding refs shouting and swearing at them. One minor indiscretion like this in rugby for example, and a penalty can be reversed etc. Only overpaid soccer players who can dive better than Tom Daly are permitted to abuse refs every time they trot out onto the pitch, and I have watched this become worse over the years. About time this is stamped out once and for all.

you never hear the comentry team question a rugby ref either ???????????..maybe its because nobody is totally clear of the rules...get some understandable rules and you get people annoyed at poor decisions..or maybe just keep it as it is as an event for p155 heads.

Rules of cricket are fairly simple to understand. When was the last time you saw 11 cricket players surround the umpire arguing the toss because an incorrect decision was made. Even when they have no reviews left, they shake their heads and get on with it. This constant arguing with officials throughout a sporting event is far worse in football than any other sport, unless someone can think of another one that is just as bad.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:As far as I know football is the only sport where officials are given abuse from the beginning to the end of a match. There are plenty of sports where terrible decisions are made but if these officials suffered the abuse soccer refs have to go through, the punishment dished out would be a lot more than a fine.
The ref was terrible and should be asked to explain his actions by his superiors. There can never be any excuse for officials suffering abuse from players or managers, and with players constantly trying to con refs as well as managers swearing at them from the touchline, something needs to be done.
If Warnock had been Reading's manager, I am sure the comments on here would be completely different to what has been posted today.

Absolute nonsense. Ref's shouldn't be able to escape criticism, players and managers receive it and get on with it and so should they. Just like any of us in our jobs if we are doing s**t we should be criticised and rightfully so.

there is being criticised and being yelled at by some rude fucker calling you every name under the sun.

i dont know what you do for a living, but if your boss shouted across the room calling you a useless c**t that wouldnt be right would it :lol:

Criticism not abuse, look at what Warnock said and tell me if that warrants a fine and sending off.

I don't know exactly what Warnock said or how he said it. What I do know is he is often seen yelling at officials, red in the face with rage, and looking like his head is about to explode. He is not the only one by a long way. Players are often seen surrounding refs shouting and swearing at them. One minor indiscretion like this in rugby for example, and a penalty can be reversed etc. Only overpaid soccer players who can dive better than Tom Daly are permitted to abuse refs every time they trot out onto the pitch, and I have watched this become worse over the years. About time this is stamped out once and for all.

you never hear the comentry team question a rugby ref either ???????????..maybe its because nobody is totally clear of the rules...get some understandable rules and you get people annoyed at poor decisions..or maybe just keep it as it is as an event for p155 heads.

Rules of cricket are fairly simple to understand. When was the last time you saw 11 cricket players surround the umpire arguing the toss because an incorrect decision was made. Even when they have no reviews left, they shake their heads and get on with it. This constant arguing with officials throughout a sporting event is far worse in football than any other sport, unless someone can think of another one that is just as bad.

Warnock was making his points to the 4th official though..who isnt making in action decisions, and in all fairness i did not see our players arguing a great deal. even when he had given a goal kick and all the players {both teams }were heading for the six yard box {huge clue here }.
you cant keep defending the indefensible mate...btw 11 blokes all shouting owzat doesnt really fit with this turn the other cheek and shake hands stuff. it happens 20 times a game and is to influence/cheat the umpire..?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Warnock was making his points to the 4th official though..who isnt making in action decisions, and in all fairness i did not see our players arguing a great deal. even when he had given a goal kick and all the players {both teams }were heading for the six yard box {huge clue here }.
you cant keep defending the indefensible mate...btw 11 blokes all shouting owzat doesnt really fit with this turn the other cheek and shake hands stuff. it happens 20 times a game and is to influence/cheat the umpire..?

Moving this discussion on a bit, and purely for the purpose of debate, is there another sport where the officials come in for the sort of abuse we see week in week out at our football matches. If there is, I would be interested to know. If nobody can think of one, perhaps someone can explain why it only happens in football.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Anyone who doesn’t think things seen on MOTD & Sky Sports doesn’t drift down to local leagues is living in cloud cuckoo land. I ref locally and believe me what is said at professional level is said locally the following week. Abuse of match officials on the parks is getting worse and over the last few years there has been a big drop off.

Warnock has been a great manager for us undoubtedly but let’s not forget we probably all hated his guts when he was manager of Sheffield United, QPR & Palace. He and his peers behaviour does have a big impact at lower levels.

Look at the crap Pawson had to put up with from Klopp, lovren and others got basically giving a correct decision.

Btw I have no interest in becoming a traffic warden.