NEL WARNOCK: " JANUARY TRANSFERS "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:20 am

Neil Warnock on the January transfer window

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Injuries do change it."

"We’ll look to possibly loan, it’s a difficult to buy unless money is no object - like it is for one or two club."

"It might be more advisable to loan a player, pay a loan fee and bring somebody in and possibly agree a fee if we get promotion."

"You can rush into things but there’s four, five or six players I’m looking at who aren’t involved in their clubs. And every one of them could do a job for us. Hopefully I’ll be able to sign the best striker in the division… in Zohore! And make him have a second half of the season to remember like last year.”
Attachments
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2.jpeg
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2.jpeg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEL WARNOCK: " JANUARY TRANSFERS "

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:40 pm

It's been brilliant so far this season... 2nd in the table..11pt gap the the team in 7th ...unbeaten at home all with a pretty horrendous injury list.. not sure how many teams could have done without their no1 goalie..main midfielder...their best striker..2 international full/wing backs and a couple of prominent young squad players all out with long term injuries

But now is the he time to push on..Warnock is right there is never any value in the January window, but a couple of top loan signings e.g Ben Woodburn etc and getting alll our players fit and we could have a great 2nd half of the season
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm

I always hate it when he says "Could do a job for us" for some reason I keep thinking we're gonna sign another Greg Halford :lol: . But in all seriousness we need numbers badly as our squad is getting decimated atm. Would like to see a CM a Winger and depending on how Ward and Zohore are doing maybe a ST as well.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluebina » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 am

Tan will back him to the hilt, he loves to play things down, but he will get what he needs absolutely no doubt about it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:44 am

Bluebina wrote:Tan will back him to the hilt, he loves to play things down, but he will get what he needs absolutely no doubt about it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on,I bet Wolves will pay over the odds now that everybody knows them as the championship's moneybags.A harsh lesson well learned by us.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:23 pm

2-3 coming I would think depending if we can shift a few.

Makes sense to bring a few new faces in
Pulisnewport

Postby Bluesman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:13 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:It's been brilliant so far this season... 2nd in the table..11pt gap the the team in 7th ...unbeaten at home all with a pretty horrendous injury list.. not sure how many teams could have done without their no1 goalie..main midfielder...their best striker..2 international full/wing backs and a couple of prominent young squad players all out with long term injuries

But now is the he time to push on..Warnock is right there is never any value in the January window, but a couple of top loan signings e.g Ben Woodburn etc and getting alll our players fit and we could have a great 2nd half of the season

Without our No 1 goalie ? Etheridge is our No 1, get off the lads back. Having seen Camp play for other clubs he does not fill me with enough confidence to say he is No 1.
Bluesman

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Amen to that - just because Camp has the number 1 on his back doesn’t mean he’s first choice!
Blue_Barber

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Bluesman wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:It's been brilliant so far this season... 2nd in the table..11pt gap the the team in 7th ...unbeaten at home all with a pretty horrendous injury list.. not sure how many teams could have done without their no1 goalie..main midfielder...their best striker..2 international full/wing backs and a couple of prominent young squad players all out with long term injuries

Without our No 1 goalie ? Etheridge is our No 1, get off the lads back. Having seen Camp play for other clubs he does not fill me with enough confidence to say he is No 1.

Not criticising Etheridge who I agree is having a good season.. just saying that Camp was considered to be our no1 keeper before the season started
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:54 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Bluesman wrote:

Not criticising Etheridge who I agree is having a good season.. just saying that Camp was considered to be our no1 keeper before the season started

By whom?
I’ve never seen anything by Warnock stating this. Personally, not a keeper I rate highly or an automatic first choice.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat