Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carrying a bit of extra timber

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

As a tribute to our rotund midfield wizard Lee Tomlin, I wonder if anyone can think of any other City players who had difficulty passing Greggs over the years?

In recent times, we've had Dikgacoi, Fowler and Jon Parkin who spring to mind, and my favourite City player of all time, Ian Gibson, was shall we say " a solid unit".

Any others you can think of who needed that extra bit of material for their shirt?

And of course, like Tomlin, they're not fat, they just have protruding ribs! :thumbup:

Re: Carrying a bit of extra timber

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:08 pm

dai thomas :lol:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 pm

not us i know

but Everton fans used to sing...he,s fat..he,s round...he,s worth a million pound Peter Reid, Peter Reid.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Nathan Blake was a bit of a wobbler

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 pm

I remember Steve Flack being the slowest player I’ve ever seen on a professional football pitch, but I can’t remember if it was due to excess timber. Maybe someone with a better memory could enlighten me.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Dai Penny was a fatty when the ex jack played for us.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:18 pm

He looks knackered comeing upto halftime :shock:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Alan Foggan , I seem to recall being a bit of a whopper?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Not a cardiff player but used to love it when we called Lee Trundell fatty at every opportunity he had the ball :lol:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am

Paul Went and John Williams.

Actually, I think Paul Went was mostly solid.

Williams, I think I've got his name right, he played centre back for us, I believe we got him from Bournmouth during Eddie May's time as manager, have I got that right? He must have been one of the heaviest players ever to put on a city shirt - he was quite tall though.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Kenwynne Jones. Bigger arse than a dairy cow

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:13 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Not a cardiff player but used to love it when we called Lee Trundell fatty at every opportunity he had the ball :lol:

Was living in Bristol at the time he was up front for the Jacks v Rovers - great rendition of "who ate all the pies" followed him round all game. Really got to him as well, lost it towards the end.

The Gas stuck 2 on the Jacks that day - one of the best I'd had in Bristol.

:bluescarf:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:55 pm

John Robinson :shock: