Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF TOOK CONTROL OF THE SECOND-HALF &

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 pm

My View/Opinion

ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF TOOK CONTROL OF THE SECOND-HALF & DESERVEDLY WON :thumbright: :bluebird:

Not a great performance but 3pts are 3pts are 3pts :bluebird:

With so many injuries more than happy :ayatollah:

Sol Bamba solid, Lee Tomlin gave everything.

First-Half even stevens with both sides have a few chances.

Second-half as usual City came out strong and well deserved the victory.

CARDIFF CITY 1 HULL CITY 0 :bluebird:
Crowd 18,049
Away Support 220 approx

City:Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Bamba, Bennett, Damour, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Tomlin, Pilkington.

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Halford, Feeney, Healey, Bogle.

Both clubs created chances but over all even stevens first-half.

H/T 0-0

Cardiff started well and dominated the first 10mins.

58th min Sol Bamba got onto the end of Pilkington’s headed flick on, after Tomlin put a beautiful cross into the box.

Cardiff deservedly had the lead! 1-0 :bluebird:

Bogle came on for Anthony Pilkigton

And in 79th min Leed Tomlin was clapped off as he was replaced by Greg Halford.

Calum Paterson came on for Peltier.

My man of the match Lee Tomlin as he gave everything :bluebird:

F/T 1-0 :bluebird:

UP NEXT BOLTON AWAY NEXT SATURDAY 3PM :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF TOOK CONTROL OF THE SECOND-HA

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Really poor match, low on quality.

Hull offered very little going forward, while we were always pushing for that goal.

An important win, when we were nowhere near our best.

Story of the season so far we kill game off 2nd half in nearly all home games bamba mom :bluescarf:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bamba Man of the match for looked like Beckenbaur at the back tonight

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Considering who we had out excellent 3 pts.

Can't complain at that roll on Bolton

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm

not sure how it looked on the telly but a poor game overall but an excellent 3 points . grinding out wins with a threadbare squad is what really counts

Bamba was excellent tonight along with manga but i do get a bit edgy when our keeper is defending high balls .

that last xmas song is still burning in my ears . well done city :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Shit game but a win is a win,which after Wolves winning last night,we desperately needed.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 pm

What was todays attendance as i didnt see it at the ground

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 pm

I thought we won the game comfortable ,I was surprised how shit hull were ,it should of been by a bigger margin

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Nobody on here saying how bad the ref was even though the one goal in the game looked offside. ;)

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm

I think the attendance was about 18,500

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:01 am

It was a similar game and performance as the Wolves game 24 hours earlier. Neither was a fantastic game or performance, but both teams were the best in their respective games and managed to get the win.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Nobody on here saying how bad the ref was even though the one goal in the game looked offside. ;)

Ref was good. That was the lino’s Call that. To be fair multiple slow motion replays were required before it was stated that he was definitely offside.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 am

I think, given they had key injuries too, Hull showed that under Atkins they are a better side than their league position suggests. That could be good news for us because they may nick valuable points from some of our rivals. What a fabulous league the Championship is :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:31 am

maccydee wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Nobody on here saying how bad the ref was even though the one goal in the game looked offside. ;)

Ref was good. That was the lino’s Call that. To be fair multiple slow motion replays were required before it was stated that he was definitely offside.

Of course he was good, we won. The ref in the Reading match was slated because he took two seconds to use technology to confirm we had equalised. People on here saying he was'nt going to allow the goal etc. If we had lost yesterday to the same goal we scored, this forum would have been full of how the ref was a disgrace and should never be allowed to ref again. Only happens when we lose, if the decisions work in our favour those same fans who would be calling for the officials to be moved to the lower leagues are always silent.
As long as we keep winning, the ref won't be mentioned. Wait until the next time we drop points and watch the outrage at the decisions made by the ref.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:46 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Of course he was good, we won. The ref in the Reading match was slated because he took two seconds to use technology to confirm we had equalised. People on here saying he was'nt going to allow the goal etc. If we had lost yesterday to the same goal we scored, this forum would have been full of how the ref was a disgrace and should never be allowed to ref again. Only happens when we lose, if the decisions work in our favour those same fans who would be calling for the officials to be moved to the lower leagues are always silent.
As long as we keep winning, the ref won't be mentioned. Wait until the next time we drop points and watch the outrage at the decisions made by the ref.

there is noway in Europe the ref isnt going to be mentioned as long as you have breath in you Steve. :lol:
in fairness it was a difficult call that went in our favour..wrongly
and there were plenty of clear cut wrong calls mentioned on here last Monday { not the mind readers }
if you and maccy were the transfer committee we would sign Ledley and a ref..job done..
Last edited by dogfound on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:46 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I agree with that however that’s our fans. I think the Reading ref was rubbish but that’s because he was rubbish not because of us losing. Having referred myself I am prone to sympathy for the chaps in black.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:54 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We didn't loose against reading though we got a great away point. The ref was shit on mon.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 am

Steve Win or lose if the ref is bad he will be slated, I find that over many years of supporting city the competence of today's refs is shocking, they are just not up to the job, and the linesmen are not far behind. Refs today just cannot tell the difference between a foul and a good tackle, the old adage about the ref being blind is very apt today, just look at the SW v Wolves game
Some really terrible decisions there. I don't know why refs are getting worse, but they definitely are :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:20 am

Igovernor wrote:Steve Win or lose if the ref is bad he will be slated, I find that over many years of supporting city the competence of today's refs is shocking, they are just not up to the job, and the linesmen are not far behind. Refs today just cannot tell the difference between a foul and a good tackle, the old adage about the ref being blind is very apt today, just look at the SW v Wolves game
Some really terrible decisions there. I don't know why refs are getting worse, but they definitely are :thumbup:

I agree we see some bad decisions and some refs are worse than others. What I'm saying is whenever we drop points invariably there will be numerous comments on here stating it was the ref's fault irrespective of how good or poor he was. If we win, he will rarely get a mention even if he has a terrible game. Yesterday's goal was 100% offside, and imagine the outrage on this forum if that goal had been scored by Hull. Because we scored it there has been no mention of the ref (apart from by me), and I am trying to prove a point I previously made that some you win some you lose. It all evens itself out over the course of a season. When we lose, it is usually because we deserve to lose and not because of other factors. We had a bit of luck last night, but although Hull fans may complain, they lost because we were the better team on the night.
I'm not sure if refs are getting worse, you may well be right. What I do know is there is far more cheating going on in the modern game, and the way some players go to ground when they are caught by a slight breeze that would barely be enough to move a feather is laughable.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Steve Win or lose if the ref is bad he will be slated, I find that over many years of supporting city the competence of today's refs is shocking, they are just not up to the job, and the linesmen are not far behind. Refs today just cannot tell the difference between a foul and a good tackle, the old adage about the ref being blind is very apt today, just look at the SW v Wolves game

I agree we see some bad decisions and some refs are worse than others. What I'm saying is whenever we drop points invariably there will be numerous comments on here stating it was the ref's fault irrespective of how good or poor he was. If we win, he will rarely get a mention even if he has a terrible game. Yesterday's goal was 100% offside, and imagine the outrage on this forum if that goal had been scored by Hull. Because we scored it there has been no mention of the ref (apart from by me), and I am trying to prove a point I previously made that some you win some you lose. It all evens itself out over the course of a season. When we lose, it is usually because we deserve to lose and not because of other factors. We had a bit of luck last night, but although Hull fans may complain, they lost because we were the better team on the night.
I'm not sure if refs are getting worse, you may well be right. What I do know is there is far more cheating going on in the modern game, and the way some players go to ground when they are caught by a slight breeze that would barely be enough to move a feather is laughable.

i think players have always cheated..only cheating used to be kicking people..the laws changed to protect the more skillful players and we are now seeing the excess of that

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 pm

First game for us for a while but from what i saw was a team worked very hard to grind out a result.All the injuries we have and still second in the league its a credit all the squad and coaches to keep the points rolling.
The come back at reading as well says a lot.
Been a while since i saw a city team give everything and as a fan thats what i demand and we a getting it so im happy. Not a great game but 3 points clean sheet.
Lee tomlin ran his back side off when clearly hes not fit produced a man of the match performance in my book for that good touch to.
Enjoyed it we have a good team there good manager it looks good with all those players to come back to.
And the sol bamba song was sang brilliantly was great to.

Well done city :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 pm

brickyblue wrote:First game for us for a while but from what i saw was a team worked very hard to grind out a result.All the injuries we have and still second in the league its a credit all the squad and coaches to keep the points rolling.
Been a while since i saw a city team give everything and as a fan thats what i demand and we a getting it so im happy. Not a great game but 3 points clean sheet.
Lee tomlin ran his back side off when clearly hes not fit produced a man of the match performance in my book for that good touch to.
Enjoyed it we have a good team there good manager it looks good with all those players to come back to.

It's difficult to fault this team, as they are giving everything and that is all most city fans have ever asked for. The rest, as they say, is a pleasant bonus! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Sven wrote:
brickyblue wrote:First game for us for a while but from what i saw was a team worked very hard to grind out a result.All the injuries we have and still second in the league its a credit all the squad and coaches to keep the points rolling.

It's difficult to fault this team, as they are giving everything and that is all most city fans have ever asked for. The rest, as they say, is a pleasant bonus! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Absolutely right and if we keep this up for the second half of the season we might just be in dream land.A longway to go but it looks good so far.I do like the championship its a great league if we get up then that would be great i didn't like it up there in red so this time if it happens it will be more like it. We will see

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Steve Zodiac you talk utter bullshit the goal was not offside go to Specsavers.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Steve Zodiac you talk utter bullshit the goal was not offside go to Specsavers.

It was offside, specsavers would be no good for you as you must be blind.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Steve Zodiac you talk utter bullshit the goal was not offside go to Specsavers.

His head was in front of the last defender. Ergo he was offside as he can use his head to score with.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm

For me City really are the real Deal, grinding Results out of poor games and with at least 9 players injured.

Neil Warnock I Salute you :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190962 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm

I go to Specsavers.

Goal was offside.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 pm

The video is on here. Try watching it and you may find that the utter bullshit is coming out of your mouth.