Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " Last Christmas - Sol Bamba " Sang by Cardiff Fans

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Whoever came up with that chant, I salute you! This is why Cardiff fans are the best in the world! :notworthy:

Its now gone all around the world and over 200,000 views on Fb etc :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Last Christmas - Sol Bamba

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Came across amazing on the TV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Fantastic chant caught the last twenty minutes as I couldn't make the game tonight as I was on a twelve hour shift can't wait for Boxing Day that's why I still love watching Cardiff City anyone put the full words on the board

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 pm

It did

Can anyone post it up on here ???

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Instead of 'gave it to someone special' its 'gave it to sol bamba'. Thats about it. :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:34 pm

'Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you give it away. Next year to save you from tears i am giving it to Sol Bamba......Bamba'

Sounded awesome down the CCS tonight and Bamba acknowledged and appreciated the chant at the end of the game. :old: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to Sol Bamba... :lol: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 pm

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityChat/sta ... 4794954753

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Whoever got that going is a fecking star. Great to hear a new chant but this one at Christmas and on Sky was just pure class. Hats doffed to the amazing Canton :santa:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Amazing song and in my opinion we should sing it all year round now, instead of making it a victim of the post Christmas period.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Amazing song and in my opinion we should sing it all year round now, instead of making it a victim of the post Christmas period.

Yes use it every game. Just change last Christmas to last season

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Whoever got that going is a fecking star. Great to hear a new chant but this one at Christmas and on Sky was just pure class. Hats doffed to the amazing Canton :santa:

:thumbup: It was & sounded great,,, as good as the Sheff Wed fans singing the Shaking Stevens Merry Xmas song at NP many years ago.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Whoever came up with that chant, I salute you! This is why Cardiff fans are the best in the world! :notworthy:

Totally agree it's amazing :thumbup:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Whoever got that going is a fecking star. Great to hear a new chant but this one at Christmas and on Sky was just pure class. Hats doffed to the amazing Canton :santa:

:thumbup: It was & sounded great,,, as good as the Sheff Wed fans singing the Shaking Stevens Merry Xmas song at NP many years ago.

:thumbup: It was fantastic Rick and I think fans of any club would have loved hearing it on Sky too.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Kids bloody loved it in the family end - my two gave their mam a rousing chorus of it when we got home.

She was in stitches.

The girl child loved her first real footie match, much to the lads chagrin she cannot wait for the Preston game - made all the more special as it'll be mam's first real footie match thanks to the CCFC santa and his gift of free tickets. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D

Despite that being a 7.45 ko, all 4 of us will be there, even though it means picking the missus up from work and barrelling down to CCS in time for ko.

You never know... it might mean me and the lad can get a half season ticket!?! Although with his U7 matches now being later on a saturday, it'll be tight to get down, but we'll see what we can do!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Added a video of it to the original post :thumbright:

Brilliant :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:23 am

there were about 10 singers in block 104 canton stand at the top right next to me that started that . they started a few songs i haven't heard before but the last xmas one seemed to spread like wild fire in the stands . another song that springs to mind was about omar bogle but didn't catch on

george michael has got alot to answer for :laughing6:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 am

MOZZER1 wrote:there were about 10 singers in block 104 canton stand at the top right next to me that started that . they started a few songs i haven't heard before but the last xmas one seemed to spread like wild fire in the stands . another song that springs to mind was about omar bogle but didn't catch on

george michael has got alot to answer for :laughing6:

I’m at the back of 103/104 (under the scoreboard) and as much as we’d love to take the credit, our Sol Bamba song has never reached the dizzy heights of the Last Christmas Sol Bamba song. I believe it was started from the middle of the Canton. We did attempt the Omar Bogle song (Blur) but no one joined in. We also sang a variety of songs.

We were massively down on numbers, but me and my mate were waving our scarfs around above our heads most of the night.

Come and join us next time, the more the merrier. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 am

well i did join in even tho my throat is a little course at the minute

:bluescarf:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:25 am

MOZZER1 wrote:well i did join in even tho my throat is a little course at the minute

:bluescarf:

:lol:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 am

That chant was abseloutely amazing, hopefully we sing that song again. This is why id prefer if we did not having a drum as you get spontaneous chants like that and not the same old rubbish being chanted every week. It allows fans to come up with something new and creative, but honestly well done whoever started that chant.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:That chant was abseloutely amazing, hopefully we sing that song again. This is why id prefer if we did not having a drum as you get spontaneous chants like that and not the same old rubbish being chanted every week. It allows fans to come up with something new and creative, but honestly well done whoever started that chant.

Tbd the drums were keeping the song going as well. I'm in the ninian and it sounded awesome everyone was laughing or signing their was even a old guy in front of me swaying back and forth loving it. Absolutely superb effort and whoever it was I salute u

Re: " Last Christmas - Sol Bamba " Sang by Cardiff Fans

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 am

Last Christmas I gave my heart :bluebird:
But the very next day you gave it away :bluebird:
This year to save me from tears :cry:
I’Il give it to Sol Bamba :blue scarf:

Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away, this year, to save me from tears, I’ll give to Sol Bamba :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:That chant was abseloutely amazing, hopefully we sing that song again. This is why id prefer if we did not having a drum as you get spontaneous chants like that and not the same old rubbish being chanted every week. It allows fans to come up with something new and creative, but honestly well done whoever started that chant.

Tbd the drums were keeping the song going as well. I'm in the ninian and it sounded awesome everyone was laughing or signing their was even a old guy in front of me swaying back and forth loving it. Absolutely superb effort and whoever it was I salute u

I also thought the drum kept it going, quietening down when it was in full force and going slightly louder during the quieter periods, not that there were many in the song.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 am

Sadly it's not an original - dirty Leeds sing it about one of their players...BUT last night it sounded awesome.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 am

Shockingly bad song..but even I was joining in by the way end :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 am

vietaff wrote:Sadly it's not an original - dirty Leeds sing it about one of their players...BUT last night it sounded awesome.

Maybe it was Sol Bamba!

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 am

City Slicker wrote:
vietaff wrote:Sadly it's not an original - dirty Leeds sing it about one of their players...BUT last night it sounded awesome.

Maybe it was Sol Bamba!

They say it was Pontus Jansen, but none of us would have heard it and it was awesome last night.

Stoke weren't the first to sing Delilah and we sang 'Bubbles' before West Ham allegedly a long long time ago. But it doesn't matter, it's not a competition, just a bit of fun.

We loved it, the players loved it, the manager loved it and Sol loved it

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:40 am

New Sol Bamba song, if you didn’t pick it up on the telly: https://twitter.com/cardiffcityfc/statu ... 3568542721