Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you want promotion this season should it happen?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 114

POLL: Promotion, do you really want it?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:07 pm

I for one don't, if we did do it id rather an option where you could take half the promotion money and stay in the championship, and let the side behind you go up! Hate the prem league greatly, top few with loads of money run away with it, then the also rans battling to stay up! Rather battle to win the Championship every season, more games and more fun :bluescarf:

Re: Promotion, do you really want it?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 pm

That's actually a good shout

Once in Prem what realistically shall we win ?

It's survival of the bottom third in a 3 tier system.

I'm sure Tan wants the money tbh and obviously makes us investible if he wants to sell.

I do enjoy the championship i must admit

Re: Promotion, do you really want it?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Interesting, unless we were going to have a major investment I d probably rather us be a yo-yo TEAM, rather go the way of Stoke WBA the thought of being obsessed with reaching 40 points and getting out the cups as soon as possible don't appeal to me.

Re: POLL: Promotion, do you really want it?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Yes. I won't look forward to aiming for mid table in the prem though, it's f**k all outside the top 6.

After having a fantastic first half of the season, it will be disappointing to not have something to celebrate at the end.

However, if we happened to get relegated, I would by far look forward to league 1 awaydays more the the prem trips. Only a plastic would disagree.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:40 pm

I would like to see us promoted as I have never seen Cardiff play in the top flight. Unfortunately, I accept that our only ambition will be to finish outside of the bottom three, and that will probably be the same for however long we were to stay in the top flight. A long way to go this season yet.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Der!! Of course!!! :occasion5: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Good shout and I'm 50/50.

Yes as it can't be as bad as last time surely?

No because I don't think we have enough of a squad ready for the Premier.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Don't see the point of being a professional club if we don't have ambition to play at the highest level and test ourselves (as a club) against the best in the country, so Premier League it is for me! :thumbright:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 pm

After following the city since 1970 and seeing the really bad days getting to the premier league was a dream but when we were there it soon turned into a nightmare. Getting well beaten week after week. Sometimes i think i would rather us be good championship team up there challenging to get there. Having said that i still want us to get promoted

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Thought of this earlier after reading the Derby forum and how desperate they seemed to go up! And catching us! I thought do you really want to be part of that, hate the prem league with a passion, used to listen to talk sport a lot, not anymore, as its all you here on there! They hardly mention the football league. :banghead:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:After following the city since 1970 and seeing the really bad days getting to the premier league was a dream but when we were there it soon turned into a nightmare. Getting well beaten week after week. Sometimes i think i would rather us be good championship team up there challenging to get there. Having said that i still want us to get promoted

Me to want us promoted, but stay down, then get promoted again next season instead of relegated lol :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Sven wrote:Don't see the point of being a professional club if we don't have ambition to play at the highest level and test ourselves (as a club) against the best in the country, so Premier League it is for me! :thumbright:

Couldn't agree more!

If we do I hope we make a better fist of it. Nothing to say we couldn't do well after a few years in there.

Come to think of it we felt like that when we came into the Chanpionship hmmm.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Yes of course, but not like last time. No big money signings, let those who worked their nuts off have a crack. Wouldn't care if we were relegated as long as that relegated squad are allowed to have another crack at promotion like Burnley.

Let Vinny have his money and let see what happens

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Wonder if any Leicester fans had the same opinion when they were striving to go ups few years back. But seriously I do know where your coming from,I do enjoy the championship.
The bottom line is the club will want it and us fans will mostly all follow.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 pm

It sounds like a stupid question, but it isn’t when you think about it.

I enjoy the Championship and there’s not much to hope for in the Premier League. It would more than likely mean battling relegation every season we’re in there. People bring up Leicester, but that was something which happens once in a blue moon - like when Blackburn won it in the 90s.

But yes, I want us to be promoted. We all want Cardiff City to be the best we can be, and the next step right now is the Premier League.

Our only season in there back in 2013/14 was a total disaster. We totally messed up that season and I wouldn’t blame any one person for that, it was a collective effort. In the second half of the season, we barely put up a fight. I’m confident we won’t make those mistakes next time. We’d at least put up a fight in avoiding relegation.

Another reason is we’ve never been in the Premier League in blue. It would mean so much more.

People want big crowds in our stadium and us to take big away followings - that will only happen if we’re in the Premier League. May not be a popular opinion but it’s my opinion.

My answer is yes, I want to get promoted and I really hope we do. I said in another topic, though, I still don’t think we’ll be promoted this season. I hope I’m wrong on that.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm

YES. I wana see it happen In BLUE. The way it should have been.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Of course I want promotion!!!
What is the point otherwise? I’ve thought about this question and I just can’t understand any other argument. What is there to play for otherwise, enjoy each game but hope we lose and draw a match every few games so we don’t get promoted?
Look at Leicester, Stoke, Burnley etc, etc.
I just don’t get it.

I played football all my life at a much lower level and couldn’t imagine not striving to play the best level I could. So we struggle in the prem, that’s not the end of the world. It’s about building foundations to stay there like Warnock has here at the moment. Trying to improve each year and we we get relegated then so be it. We go again.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

The Cobra wrote:I for one don't, if we did do it id rather an option where you could take half the promotion money and stay in the championship, and let the side behind you go up! Hate the prem league greatly, top few with loads of money run away with it, then the also rans battling to stay up! Rather battle to win the Championship every season, more games and more fun :bluescarf:

Can you answer my question... Why are you supporting Cardiff City and what is the point in turning up and what are we playing for if you don't want to be in the Premier League ? Makes it all pointless and a waste of time otherwise.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Not a case of wanting it as it's automatic if in top 2 and that's where we will be! :occasion5: besides everyone would complain if just sitting mid table going nowhere ! Just make most of it and enjoy seeing them down m4 in championship! :laughing6:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:00 pm

One word. Burnley. They’ve made a success of it.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Yes.after watching city for 45 years I'm bored of lower league football most of which has been .
poor to mediocre.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Although I'm enjoying the championship IMO we have to aim as high as possible. Yes it's likely IF we go up we may probably find ourselves trying to survive relegation but it's also possible to progress and even gain some success in the PL and by success I don't necessarily mean winning the league but perhaps gaining a place to play Europe or finishing atleast in the top half and holding our own. Imagine managing to stay in the PL for a period of over 10 years...our fan base would definitely grow and stick. It would be a great achievement for the city as a whole and sport in the community. It would bring more jobs and hopefully more £ to Cardiff and surrounding areas. Not to mention that us fans can see the best of the best!

Although I do not want Swansea to remain in the PL - if both clubs were in the PL together for a sustained period it would be great for Wales.

So all in all I support Cardiff city whatever and no matter what league they are in - I'd still be down there if they went down to league 2 but given the choice I'd rather the PL.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

I love the championship and the competiveness and really hated the season in the Premier apart from the odd game, so it's a no from me

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm

This time we'll be ready,lets grab it if it comes our way :bluebird:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Yes of course, but not like last time. No big money signings, let those who worked their nuts off have a crack. Wouldn't care if we were relegated as long as that relegated squad are allowed to have another crack at promotion like Burnley.

hmm...we signed quite a few last time...but most of them hardly played.
Caulker and Medel were regulars. KTC i think played more than he didnt...the rest?

i dont think you can go up and not strengthen at all.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Yes of course, but not like last time. No big money signings, let those who worked their nuts off have a crack. Wouldn't care if we were relegated as long as that relegated squad are allowed to have another crack at promotion like Burnley.

I've just signed the yes box.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:52 pm

I trust if NW was given a good wedge he could make us a mid table side.

I know it’s incredibly unlikely but there’s always that chance of doing a Leicester. Can you imagine?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm

maccydee wrote:I trust if NW was given a good wedge he could make us a mid table side.

I know it’s incredibly unlikely but there’s always that chance of doing a Leicester. Can you imagine?

imagine is correct...football ..its about dreams.
wheres the dream in staying in this division.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Bang on. Do it right way and keep the squad together.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

If you don’t want your team to win and be playing at the highest possible level then what’s the point?