“ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Postby Wayne S » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 pm

We still have a great chance of top two but just to add some negativity, if we don't make the top two we will fail in the play offs.
Wayne S

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Personally I agree with Worcester. I said at the start of lasts season that I did'nt think we had a hope of reaching the play offs, and the replies were very much the same as on this thread, ie. lots of posters confident we were going to win the league. I think if we were bottom right now, some would still tip us to go up as champions.

I think a play off place is possible as long as we don't lose key players through injury or suspension. I do'nt think Warnock seriously believes we are going to end up in the top two, and he has tried to play down unrealistic expectations without much success. I have a fancy that by the end of Feb, even the most optimistic posters on here will be saying that hopefully we will go up via the play offs. Hope you all prove me and Worcester wrong, but I believe that there are too many teams around us who have more appeal to players than we do, and who have more spending power than us, and will end up doing better as a result. We will see.

It's Christmas, here's Scrooge in the form of SZ.

Enjoy it and believe it is possible, glass half full not glass half empty.

I think you were one of the posters who said something similar last season when I stated we would not be in the play offs. Glass half empty or just being realistic.
Steve Zodiak

Postby KBK-13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:47 pm

1 week out of the end top 2 on goal difference behind Bristol City and we can forget about top 2?

We’ve been there the best part of the season, with Wolves and Bristol City to play at home and those pair to meet this weekend.

For me it’s out of us and Derby for the second automatic spot.
KBK-13

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:52 pm

paulh_85 wrote:theres a difference between thinking we wont make the top two (something i happen to agree with actually considering recent performances) and stating that everyone should abandon any thought of a top two place

Should never abandon all hope, Leicester proved that. No harm in dreaming, and once every now and again something strange can happen. I used to be exactly the same in my younger days, even when we struggling down in the basement. Next season was always going to be ours, but I have become more realistic with age, and even I have stopped blaming the ref every time something goes wrong. It was always his fault in my eyes many years ago.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Personally I agree with Worcester. I said at the start of lasts season that I did'nt think we had a hope of reaching the play offs, and the replies were very much the same as on this thread, ie. lots of posters confident we were going to win the league. I think if we were bottom right now, some would still tip us to go up as champions.

I think a play off place is possible as long as we don't lose key players through injury or suspension. I do'nt think Warnock seriously believes we are going to end up in the top two, and he has tried to play down unrealistic expectations without much success. I have a fancy that by the end of Feb, even the most optimistic posters on here will be saying that hopefully we will go up via the play offs. Hope you all prove me and Worcester wrong, but I believe that there are too many teams around us who have more appeal to players than we do, and who have more spending power than us, and will end up doing better as a result. We will see.

It's Christmas, here's Scrooge in the form of SZ.

Enjoy it and believe it is possible, glass half full not glass half empty.

I think you were one of the posters who said something similar last season when I stated we would not be in the play offs. Glass half empty or just being realistic.

Well if I did I was proved right. Anyhow this season is to be enjoyed and after 5 seasons away I'm enjoying it even if we finish outside the playoffs.
My club is back and my glass is half full :occasion5:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Agree with all of that :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:theres a difference between thinking we wont make the top two (something i happen to agree with actually considering recent performances) and stating that everyone should abandon any thought of a top two place

Should never abandon all hope, Leicester proved that. No harm in dreaming, and once every now and again something strange can happen. I used to be exactly the same in my younger days, even when we struggling down in the basement. Next season was always going to be ours, but I have become more realistic with age, and even I have stopped blaming the ref every time something goes wrong. It was always his fault in my eyes many years ago.

why are you comparing us finishing second to liecester winning the title though? your whole terminology suggests that you think finishing second is completely unthinkable
paulh_85

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:56 pm

For me it feels like we will do well to hang on to a play off place after this week.

Another 5 game unbeaten run with lets say 4 wins will make us all feel a lot better.
Bakedalasker

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

really dont understand your desperation to be proved correct over this..
your not correct btw and even if you are it will be in 4 months and not today...
its begining to sound like your cheering on defeats mate because youd prefer to be correct than we do well.

Hate seeing us lose any game, and wouldn’t even cheer a defeat in a pre-season friendly.

Obviously I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

your not correct btw and even if you are it will be in 4 months and not today...
its begining to sound like your cheering on defeats mate because youd prefer to be correct than we do well.

Hate seeing us lose any game, and wouldn’t even cheer a defeat in a pre-season friendly.

Obviously I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.

youre already wrong
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:01 pm

If this is Neds opinion then it should be respected and debated, not slagged down :thumbright:

I dont agree with Ned,so I put my view/opinion on this topic :thumb right:

I still have Faith in Neil Warnock and if he really is backed fully by Tan in January, I still believe we can be a Top 2 team :thumbright: :bluebird:

Beat Preston on Friday night and we are back in the Top 2.

We have Wolves and Bristol City to still play at home.

Under Neil Warnock, you Never ever give up and thats why Warnock for the last 20 years has been in my Top 5 managers :thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

why are you comparing us finishing second to liecester winning the title though? your whole terminology suggests that you think finishing second is completely unthinkable

Using that as an example that anything can happen. Personally, I do not think we have any hope of a top two finish, but I also thought the chances of Leicester winning the league was an impossibility. I was wrong with that one, and I could always be wrong with my prediction this time. Nothing guaranteed in sport, just my opinion and I will be more happy than most of you on here if I am wrong. I am guessing a lot of you will have already seen us play in the top flight, it would be my first time and a dream come true foe me.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I think sometimes people get the wrong end of the stick. I would bet that everyone on her is desperate to see us go up, and that is possible even though I feel it will have to be via the play offs.

It's just that from time to time, it is worth standing back and trying to look beyond the blue of Cardiff, and see things from a neutral point of view.

I recall the horror on here when I suggested Trollope would be a big flop, that Doyle would never in a million years score goals at this level, and that Slade would not get us out of this league. Not a matter of wanting these predictions to be correct, it was just trying to be realistic and not looking at everything through blue tinted glasses.

We have spent one season at the top in the 50 years I have been a fan, and I have seen better teams than our current side down here. Fighting spirit will get you so far, but we need a lot of quality as well if we are to stay ahead of some of the big rivals closing in on us.

Like I said, I would love to be proved wrong on this as I missed our one brief spell at the top because I refused to watch us play in red. It would be a dream come true to see the real Cardiff City in the top flight.

not the wrong end of the stick at all...who are the people who got carried away ?
A} those that think we have a chance of going up based on being zero points behind 2nd spot after TWENY FOUR GAMES
or ...B} those that think we have ZERO chance based on TWO defeats with a load of injuries and their up to this point their very wrong negative early season predictions.
dogfound

Postby theclaw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Talk about giving up hope,I wouldn’t want him in the trenches with me!
theclaw

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Using that as an example that anything can happen. Personally, I do not think we have any hope of a top two finish, but I also thought the chances of Leicester winning the league was an impossibility. I was wrong with that one, and I could always be wrong with my prediction this time. Nothing guaranteed in sport, just my opinion and I will be more happy than most of you on here if I am wrong. I am guessing a lot of you will have already seen us play in the top flight, it would be my first time and a dream come true foe me.

same thing as wocester youre already wrong

its your opinion we wont finish second fine, but how can you say we have no hope of it? its nonsensical
paulh_85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I think sometimes people get the wrong end of the stick. I would bet that everyone on her is desperate to see us go up, and that is possible even though I feel it will have to be via the play offs.

It's just that from time to time, it is worth standing back and trying to look beyond the blue of Cardiff, and see things from a neutral point of view.

I recall the horror on here when I suggested Trollope would be a big flop, that Doyle would never in a million years score goals at this level, and that Slade would not get us out of this league. Not a matter of wanting these predictions to be correct, it was just trying to be realistic and not looking at everything through blue tinted glasses.

We have spent one season at the top in the 50 years I have been a fan, and I have seen better teams than our current side down here. Fighting spirit will get you so far, but we need a lot of quality as well if we are to stay ahead of some of the big rivals closing in on us.

Like I said, I would love to be proved wrong on this as I missed our one brief spell at the top because I refused to watch us play in red. It would be a dream come true to see the real Cardiff City in the top flight.

not the wrong end of the stick at all...who are the people who got carried away ?
A} those that think we have a chance of going up based on being zero points behind 2nd spot after TWENY FOUR GAMES
or ...B} those that think we have ZERO chance based on TWO defeats with a load of injuries and their up to this point their very wrong negative early season predictions.

I was replying to the bit of wanting to be proved correct with our forecast. Obviously I can't speak for Worcester, but I expect he is the same as me, and would love to be proved incorrect. Like I said earlier, I am sure every single poster on this forum (apart from Leeds & Roathie) would love to see us win the league and be playing in the PL next season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

its your opinion we wont finish second fine, but how can you say we have no hope of it? its nonsensical

I guess we will find out in a couple of months. One thing for sure, this post has certainly generated a good discussion.
Steve Zodiak

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Never Give Up,,, Never Ever Give Up. Every body gets what they want, and if you think Champaigne, you'll drink Champaigne.

As frustrated as I was after the Fulham game, I believe we can, and Will, get automatic promotion this season.

I Believe... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
RICK+CCFC

Postby valleyrambill » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 pm

If I am honest I didn't and still don't think we will make top 2 all the experts had us 14th however I always thought we make top 6.

However after our start I wont give up hope because of 2 games other teams will slip including Wolves so who knows it aint over until its over never stop dreaming Bluebirds
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby lyndipops » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm

I think we have still got a great chance although it won’t be easy. Very premature to say we cannot get automatic really. I will not be binning my win the league betting slip yet either! :ayatollah: :bluebird:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Never Give Up,,, Never Ever Give Up. Every body gets what they want, and if you think Champaigne, you'll drink Champaigne.

As frustrated as I was after the Fulham game, I believe we can, and Will, get automatic promotion this season.

I Believe... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Nothing wrong with believing. It's all about opinions and forecasts and until the end of the season we won't know who forecast things correctly. I always knew I was going to be in a minority with my opinion, and that virtually everyone would disagree. No problem at all with that, I respect everyone's opinions even if they are completely opposite to mine.
Personally, I am a Brains Best Bitter man myself, I hate Champaigne. ;)
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I was replying to the bit of wanting to be proved correct with our forecast. Obviously I can't speak for Worcester, but I expect he is the same as me, and would love to be proved incorrect. Like I said earlier, I am sure every single poster on this forum (apart from Leeds & Roathie) would love to see us win the league and be playing in the PL next season.

i hope he is the same too....but jumping on here while we are third on goal difference and could well go clear 2nd again Friday
to say .he has been PROVED correct.{ dont think he said it in this thread but did in yesterdays } ???????
we all have doubts mate.{ we are Cardiff }.and id imagine there are a few thousand out there not turning up because of doubts.
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i hope he is the same too....but jumping on here while we are third on goal difference and could well go clear 2nd again Friday
to say .he has been PROVED correct.{ dont think he said it in this thread but did in yesterdays } ???????
we all have doubts mate.{ we are Cardiff }.and id imagine there are a few thousand out there not turning up because of doubts.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Steve Zodiak

Postby pengamblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm

as a supporter of the bluebirds since the 70s ,I STILL DARE TO DREAM ,sorry to dissapoint with neil as our manager I support him and the team 100% so YES WE CAN DO IT BELIEVE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
pengamblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Already stated on this topic that I hope I’m proved wrong?

I didn’t say I’d been proved right about us not getting top two, but about the lack of depth in our squad - going by the last few results.

That’s just one reason why I don’t think we’ll make top two. Once again, I’ll say that I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see us happening and we’ll fall away even more over the next weeks and months.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I didn’t say I’d been proved right about us not getting top two, but about the lack of depth in our squad - going by the last few results.

That’s just one reason why I don’t think we’ll make top two. Once again, I’ll say that I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see us happening and we’ll fall away even more over the next weeks and months.

Just as long as we don't fall away too much. I have money on us making the play offs.
Steve Zodiak

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Never Give Up,,, Never Ever Give Up. Every body gets what they want, and if you think Champaigne, you'll drink Champaigne.

Nothing wrong with believing. It's all about opinions and forecasts and until the end of the season we won't know who forecast things correctly. I always knew I was going to be in a minority with my opinion, and that virtually everyone would disagree. No problem at all with that, I respect everyone's opinions even if they are completely opposite to mine.
Personally, I am a Brains Best Bitter man myself, I hate Champaigne. ;)

Many years ago, before a game, I would drink a pint of the best pint of Brains Dark in Cardiff,,, in the Duke Of York hotel.

The Duke Of York was demolished last weekend, Gone gone forever. I always hoped that one day the old pub would be redeveloped and the old character kept.... Such is life.

Such is life, and life is short,,,, do the best you can, in the short time that is available to you (us)!
RICK+CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Just as long as we don't fall away too much. I have money on us making the play offs.

We’d have to go on a terrible run to fall out of the play-offs, and I think we’ll get enough points to make it. Where we’ll finish, between 3rd and 6th, I’m not sure.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

This is exactly right.
To say - ‘everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two’ is rather silly considering the first half of the season and to make it a sticky.
Why should we abandon hope??
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

you did say on the thread...my view....youd been proved right recently...your post was about us not us not being good enough or having the depth to sustain a top2 challenge.....
i hope your wrong and hope that you hope you are too because football without hope and dreams is a bit pointless.
dogfound

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat