“ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:As I just said in another topic, I stand by my opinion. I strongly believe that others will start to agree with me over the next few weeks.

We’ve been punching above our weight for a lot of this season.

Some people may call me negative, but I prefer to call it realistic.

realism isnt stating we have no chance of finishing second.

just looking for attention

Not at all, just posting my opinion?

I think that is realism, I don’t think there is any chance of top two.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2:
paulh_85

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dogfound » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:As I just said in another topic, I stand by my opinion. I strongly believe that others will start to agree with me over the next few weeks.

We’ve been punching above our weight for a lot of this season.

Some people may call me negative, but I prefer to call it realistic.

of course people will change their minds /opinions/targets if results are poor..
its how it works.
dogfound

Postby PtB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Aim for the top, get the right players in to supplement the squad. We’re on a small blip but nothing more.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Three defeats in a row now. Potentially down to fourth after tomorrow.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby blooey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Three defeats in a row now. Potentially down to fourth after tomorrow.

Or possibly back up to second! :old: :ayatollah:
blooey

Postby theclaw » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:53 pm

blooey wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Three defeats in a row now. Potentially down to fourth after tomorrow.

:thumbup:
theclaw

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:57 pm

How odd you seem to enjoy it.

I think most people expect or hope for the play offs. But why would you forget about top 2, we could just as easily go on a 4 game winning streak.

Put it this way, if we were in the bottom 3 on goal difference in Jan would I give up on staying up? Of course not.
2blue2handle

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think most people expect or hope for the play offs. But why would you forget about top 2, we could just as easily go on a 4 game winning streak.

Put it this way, if we were in the bottom 3 on goal difference in Jan would I give up on staying up? Of course not.

Lighten up Luke as Ned has had a hammering here. He is just justifying his belief. Am sure he would like to be proved wrong.
Bakedalasker

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Derby lose and Wolves whack Brizzle up to 2nd are you really a Cardiff city supporter??
Pulisnewport

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Lighten up Luke as Ned has had a hammering here. He is just justifying his belief. Am sure he would like to be proved wrong.

Correct Ian :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Derby lose and Wolves whack Brizzle up to 2nd are you really a Cardiff city supporter??

That would be a good day for us :ayatollah:

I hate seeing us lose, and I thought we weren’t good enough today. I really hope I’m wrong about saying we won’t be in the top two.

I repeat that I think we’ll be in the play-offs. Once the play-offs start, anything can happen - as we found out in 2010.

Personally I think Derby will win tomorrow. Not sure of the Bristol City v Wolves game. Only stating that we COULD be in 4th after tomorrow. Just as we COULD be 2nd.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:39 pm

blooey wrote:

Hopefully :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Ibby » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 am

Opened the door for other team, for the 2nd spot.
Ibby

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:14 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

He’s already wrong. Got nothing to do with where we finish
paulh_85

Postby KJblue » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 am

I think we need to get some perspective here lads, ok so three defeats in a row is not great but we are at present in the top three, anybody would have taken our current position come the start of the season. I do not belive for a moment that Warnock is a quitter and if if he needs to tear up the dressing room to get the squad to buck their ideas up then he will, funds available in January and the gaffers uncanny knack of of buying quality players for knockdown prices will get the current players wanting to up their game for fear of not being part of the squad.
Let's get some f***ing backbone shall we!!!!
KJblue

Postby ThomasC » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:19 am

Ned. You were right. Pm me 6 numbers from 1 to 50 for tonight :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby CF72Blue » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:38 am

It does not matter at this stage of the season whether we are first, second or sixth, as long as we are in the mix which we certainly are. At the start of the season we would have taken that scenario all day long. It only matters where we finish at the END of the season. We have had a terrible week, other teams will and have had similar, look at Sheffield Utd recently, so the doom and gloom merchants get a reality check. This is a very tough division with far bigger clubs than us trying to get out, we are doing fantastically well to stay up there.
CF72Blue

Postby maccydee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

That would be a good day for us :ayatollah:

I hate seeing us lose, and I thought we weren’t good enough today. I really hope I’m wrong about saying we won’t be in the top two.

I repeat that I think we’ll be in the play-offs. Once the play-offs start, anything can happen - as we found out in 2010.

Personally I think Derby will win tomorrow. Not sure of the Bristol City v Wolves game. Only stating that we COULD be in 4th after tomorrow. Just as we COULD be 2nd.

Derby will win as they have Ledley.

I don’t really mean that just taking the heat off you a bit and people can give me some shite instead.
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

They don't seem to get it. :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I said at the start of the season that we would be top 10 for certain, and if luck went our way a play off place was well within our reach. I compared our squad to some of the squads of the bigger sides, and also the finances of various clubs. I always believed that we had a strong team, but not a strong squad. Always looked to me as if we lacked quality in depth.

I thought we needed to get the rub of the green to be in with a shout, and injuries and suspensions would play a big part in our season. Unfortunately luck has not gone our way, and the lack of depth in the squad has become obvious as our injury list grew.

Mr Tan had made it clear that he was not going to be throwing big money into the club and run up big debts again. As far as I know nothing has changed. That is why I have not changed my mind all season. We still have the same squad that lacks depth, and unless there has been a change of mind at the top we still have very limited money to spend on adding to the squad. I am sure Warnock will bring in a couple of players next month, but so will our big rivals who will have more cash to spend than us.

I am sticking with my pre-season prediction, and I know that most on here will slate me because I have not stuck to the forum norm by saying we are going to walk away with this division, or at the very least be in the top two in May. Afraid I just do not see us going up other than through the play offs, but like everyone else on here, I hope you are all right and I am wrong. A couple of consecutive wins would help right now, and QPR are not exactly setting this league alight, so that would be a good place to get ourselves back on track.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I said at the start of the season that we would be top 10 for certain, and if luck went our way a play off place was well within our reach. I compared our squad to some of the squads of the bigger sides, and also the finances of various clubs. I always believed that we had a strong team, but not a strong squad. Always looked to me as if we lacked quality in depth.

I thought we needed to get the rub of the green to be in with a shout, and injuries and suspensions would play a big part in our season. Unfortunately luck has not gone our way, and the lack of depth in the squad has become obvious as our injury list grew.

Mr Tan had made it clear that he was not going to be throwing big money into the club and run up big debts again. As far as I know nothing has changed. That is why I have not changed my mind all season. We still have the same squad that lacks depth, and unless there has been a change of mind at the top we still have very limited money to spend on adding to the squad. I am sure Warnock will bring in a couple of players next month, but so will our big rivals who will have more cash to spend than us.

I am sticking with my pre-season prediction, and I know that most on here will slate me because I have not stuck to the forum norm by saying we are going to walk away with this division, or at the very least be in the top two in May. Afraid I just do not see us going up other than through the play offs, but like everyone else on here, I hope you are all right and I am wrong. A couple of consecutive wins would help right now, and QPR are not exactly setting this league alight, so that would be a good place to get ourselves back on track.

Totaly agree, similar to my predictions.

However this thread is not about predictions, it's telling us to bizarrely forget top 2. I personally don't think we will make the top 2 but I'm not just going to forget about it. I would rather be proved wrong and us get top 2 finish.
2blue2handle

Postby City Slicker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

However this thread is not about predictions, it's telling us to bizarrely forget top 2. I personally don't think we will make the top 2 but I'm not just going to forget about it. I would rather be proved wrong and us get top 2 finish.

I think you're spot on. What's more important, the club succeeding or individual posters hoping their pre-season predictions pan out for them? Who cares? Let's all just enjoy the ride and see where the magical mystery tour takes us to at the end of the season!
City Slicker

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

:?

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

:?

??
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

currently there are 6 clubs whose fans still think they have a decent chance of finishing 2nd..

having given us the kick in the teeth that it wont be us. i only think it fair you vist the four main message boards of the other unsuccessful clubs to inform them of their fate too....who knows,they all may realise how carried away theyve all been ,stop attending and we can then at least start climbing the attendances league..
dogfound

Postby blooey » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 pm

:oops:
blooey

Postby barry boy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 pm

I have already forgotten about your pointless defeatist post.

Why not just aim for 7th to avoid us being disappointed !!! ?

Aim to catch wolves and see what happens.
barry boy

Postby Bluebina » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

Rubbish, we are the 2nd best team in the League, and if it wasn't for a bad run of injuries would be six points clear of Villa at least !!!

We can definitely do this, quotes from opposition press confirms we are " faster, bigger, stronger, more organised, more potent, hungrier... Boro were bullied "

Get behind them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Of course we've no chance of top 2 we are in a false position blah blah blah! Why do we have so many defeatest fans if it's not league position it's atmosphere if not that it's attendances.? Always something to drag club/team down. :o
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:03 pm

And playoffs if extremely lucky? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat