Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY TRANSFER NEWS / UPDATED AS IT HAPPENS '

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Grabban deal didn't happen because putting it politely was a greedy b*stard. Warnock wants players who want to play for him.

Greedy how? Makes no sense

He spoke to Warnock, sort of agreed, but refused to sign and got his agent to put his name out there.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Grabban deal didn't happen because putting it politely was a greedy b*stard. Warnock wants players who want to play for him.

He spoke to Warnock, sort of agreed, but refused to sign and got his agent to put his name out there.

Just standard really. He’s 30 and had one more decent contract in him

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 pm

TRANSFER DEADLINE CLOSED

But is that the end of business? Of course not, this is football :thumbright:

And players might leave or come in still :thumbup:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He hasn't signed a new contract? He is just on loan for 6 months on his current contract. No doubt villa paying so Bournemouth benefit.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He hasn't signed a new contract? He is just on loan for 6 months on his current contract. No doubt villa paying so Bournemouth benefit.

Yeah I know. But I assume he was initially holding out for a permenant deal somewhere

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Ward in on loan with Tomlin going to Forest on loan https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/20 ... to-forest/

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Jamie Ward from Nottingham Forest.

The 31-year-old joins the Bluebirds for the remainder of the 2017/18 season, subject to international clearance.

The deal sees Lee Tomlin move in the opposite direction, with his loan deal with the Reds also running until the end of the current campaign. We wish Lee all the very best during his time at the City Ground.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:28 pm

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Jamie Ward from Nottingham Forest.

The 31-year-old joins the Bluebirds for the remainder of the 2017/18 season, subject to international clearance.

The deal sees Lee Tomlin move in the opposite direction, with his loan deal with the Reds also running until the end of the current campaign. We wish Lee all the very best during his time at the City Ground.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 pm

I was always backing the boys to get us promotion but now I feel disheartened the squad is totally unbalanced up top, and nothing in the midfield to pass a ball. We’ll be lucky to stay in the playoff spots I think

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 am

paulh_85 wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Yeah I know. But I assume he was initially holding out for a permenant deal somewhere

Probably right on that mate! Bournemouth probably wanted 4m too

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:12 am

Blue_Barber wrote:I was always backing the boys to get us promotion but now I feel disheartened the squad is totally unbalanced up top, and nothing in the midfield to pass a ball. We’ll be lucky to stay in the playoff spots I think

Lots of attacking options are always good. Especially from bench. Gunnars still here too

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:29 am

Don't get me wrong all 3 are just loans but you got to ask the question that 3 of the players gone today were all signed in the summer by Warnock, also 2 of these were 2 of 3 that commanded a transfer fee..

It has gone from a decent window to a bit of shambles, especially with Ward out for the rest of the 'season'.. I hope there is still one left to come in.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:55 am

No more transfer business for Cardiff City this January.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:10 am

31/01/18

Omar Bogle joins Peterborough on loan from Cardiff

Omar Bogle joined Cardiff from Wigan last summer

Cardiff City striker Omar Bogle will spend the rest of the season on loan at League One side Peterborough United.

Bogle has scored three goals in 12 appearances for Neil Warnock's side since joining from Wigan last summer.

The 24-year-old started his career at non-league Solihull Moors before moving to Grimsby.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 am

' JANUARY 2018 '

Players In

Liam Feeney - Extended Loan
Yanic Wildschut - Loan
Marko Grujic - Loan
Gary Madine - Undisclosed
Jamie Ward - Loan

Players Out

Lee Tomlin - Loan
Omar Bogle - Loan
Lee Camp - Loan

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY TRANSFER NEWS IN FULL JANUARY 2018

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Armand Traore: Cardiff City sign left-back after his release from Forest as a Fee Agent

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY TRANSFER NEWS IN FULL JANUARY 2018

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:51 am

WARNOCK HAS STATED THIS WAS HIS BEST EVER JANUARY TRANSFER WITH ANY CLUB :thumbright: