Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Kenneth Zohore not interested “

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Do wonder if he had the best five months of his career were everything went for him. But then he did do it at the u21 euros, is he trying to get a move or just very average.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 pm

I will probably going to get some heat for this but ive never been a fan of Zohore. Never really puts a shift in for me and after performance I really hope someone comes in with a decent bid for him. As stated in previous posts i'm shocked at the lack of passion and desire from our main striker. Get rid of him if he doesn't want to wear our colours.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Bonner wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:He didn't want to be there today. Was clear for everyone to see

Neither did most of our fans

;)

Re: Zohore not interested

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Be careful, I said the same after the Preston game and got slated by the “experts” on here. :banghead:

Ross, with respect you're "one of the experts" you talked about when looking from the opposing angle as the one you commented! ;) :clap: :lol:

What I will say on Kenneth Zohore today is that he still looked a long way off his old self but so some others

The highlight for me was a returning Sean Morrison :ayatollah:

That post wasn’t directed at you Sven (Chris isn’t it?) We’ve been on this forum a while now and there are a few posters who seem to take glee in slagging me off at will when they disagree with me. Obviously, you’re not one of them as you handle yourself in a very articulate manner. You probably have a few who have taken a dislike to you yourself because you’re too clever for them.

I 100% agree with Stringfellow though. I did see Zohore’s lack of effort during the Preston game, which is why I did my post and sadly, today was no different.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Be careful, I said the same after the Preston game and got slated by the “experts” on here. :banghead:

Ross, with respect you're "one of the experts" you talked about when looking from the opposing angle as the one you commented! ;) :clap: :lol:

What I will say on Kenneth Zohore today is that he still looked a long way off his old self but so some others

That post wasn’t directed at you Sven (Chris isn’t it?) We’ve been on this forum a while now and there are a few posters who seem to take glee in slagging me off at will when they disagree with me. Obviously, you’re not one of them as you handle yourself in a very articulate manner. You probably have a few who have taken a dislike to you yourself because you’re too clever for them.

I 100% agree with Stringfellow though. I did see Zohore’s lack of effort during the Preston game, which is why I did my post and sadly, today was no different.

Ross, I know that. It just made me smile and was my sort of humour. Zohore is still not at the races! :thumbright:

I'm not interested about those who can't think for themselves. I have my own views, I either agree or disagree no matter who I'm debating with, I'll always apologise if I'm wrong and I don't resort to profanity to try to make a point. When a poster has reached that level, the debate is really ended through a lack of respect and/or genuine counter argument! ;)

I've met a lot of people from this Forum and have to say that I've found the vast majority to be tidy people. We all have opinions but ultimately we are (or should be) here to support Cardiff City FC through thick and thin! :clap:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 pm

i think it's harsh to have a go at zohore when he's coming back from injury. i'd come back in 10 games and see where we are then. remember the whole team is struggling which always makes life very difficult for the strikers.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm

you can see he doesnt have the sharpness that he had.i think he has got more of the stamina but its that sprinting,going past defenders,he hasnt got that at the minute.
BUT ITS NOT FOR THE LACK OF TRYING. I CANT FAULT HIS EFFORT..

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Sven wrote:

Your the only decent poster on here :lol:

You know an idiot when you see one.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am

[quote="WelshPatriot"]he's had major surgery FFS, the club feared he'd be written offfor the season, he managed to get back earlier than the experts thought.....too early but don't criticise the player criticise those chucking him out there before recuperation matches.[/quote]

No he didn't have major surgery, where are you getting that from? He had MINOR surgery and was back in training shortly after.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 am

Should have sold the lazy b****** for 15 Million and spent the money on five 3 Million pound players for different positions. There we go to late now as nobody in their right mind would want him now. :banghead:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:58 am

This may be a lesson for all of us.
Players come and go,if we do not go up this season expect departures.
Right now i wonder if Brighton will come in with a bid?
NW will be so important next season finding replacements and improving the squad.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 am

If Brighton were watching yesterday they would not pay £1 for him.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 am

fred keenor wrote:This may be a lesson for all of us.
Players come and go,if we do not go up this season expect departures.
Right now i wonder if Brighton will come in with a bid?
NW will be so important next season finding replacements and improving the squad.

Something I always stand by is players come players go bluebirds remain, am never bothered when bids come in as the next player always around the corner. I didn't however want zohore sold, he was our hope for promotion and a firing zohore this season would have us in that top two.

Sadly at the moment am not so sure if holding on was a good idea but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think if a decent bid came in it would have to be considered. Let's hope we are wrong and he kicks on. Would like nothing more, sadly I feel the hype has effected him.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 am

Alan_in_China wrote:[quote="WelshPatriot"]he's had major surgery FFS, the club feared he'd be written offfor the season, he managed to get back earlier than the experts thought.....too early but don't criticise the player criticise those chucking him out there before recuperation matches.

No he didn't have major surgery, where are you getting that from? He had MINOR surgery and was back in training shortly after.[/quote]

Out for 3 months treated for ligament damage, then an op for scar tissue damage removal on ankle in the words of Warnock "
"When the surgeon went in it was one of the worst he'd ever seen - he had never seen so much scar tissue in one area. So the pain was legitimate."

But hey nothing major for a professional footballer he should have got her trick on his return FFS.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:[quote="WelshPatriot"]he's had major surgery FFS, the club feared he'd be written offfor the season, he managed to get back earlier than the experts thought.....too early but don't criticise the player criticise those chucking him out there before recuperation matches.

No he didn't have major surgery, where are you getting that from? He had MINOR surgery and was back in training shortly after.

Out for 3 months treated for ligament damage, then an op for scar tissue damage removal on ankle in the words of Warnock "
"When the surgeon went in it was one of the worst he'd ever seen - he had never seen so much scar tissue in one area. So the pain was legitimate."

But hey nothing major for a professional footballer he should have got her trick on his return FFS.[/quote]

I'm not sure why you've quoted Warnock there, because there's nothing to back up what you say about "major surgery". He had scar tissue removed and while it may have been quite a lot of scar tissue and it may also have been causing Zohore a lot of pain it simply was NOT major surgery!

Heart op'/brain tumor removal, now THOSE require major surgery!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we knew now at the beginning of the season then most would of said we should of sold him for silly money. But if we had there would of been a mutiny with us fans. But that is football I suppose. Yes he does seem to returned to the player of old but if anyone can snap him out of that then Warnock can.
I know many have said sell him !! But for what ? Peanuts because that’s all he’s worth now. 18 mill he was worth at the beginning of the season and now that has dropped to maybe 2.
We need Ken back to his best for the team the Club and us Fans and for his own international interests.
I think we can do our part in getting behind him (like we always do) during the game.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we knew now at the beginning of the season then most would of said we should of sold him for silly money. But if we had there would of been a mutiny with us fans. But that is football I suppose. Yes he does seem to returned to the player of old but if anyone can snap him out of that then Warnock can.
I know many have said sell him !! But for what ? Peanuts because that’s all he’s worth now. 18 mill he was worth at the beginning of the season and now that has dropped to maybe 2.
We need Ken back to his best for the team the Club and us Fans and for his own international interests.
I think we can do our part in getting behind him (like we always do) during the game.

Yes there would have been a backlash and rightly so, nobody could have predicted his rise from the player he was to what he then produced and exactly the same the other way around. Look zohore is far from finished, he's done it before and am sure he can do it again. For me it's in his head not his feet. Warnock knows, but if a 25 yard goal can't lift your confidence what can?

I think the second we sign a striker ken will be Warming the bench. So frustrating. Am clinging to the hope its fitness and I am talking absolute bollox.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we knew now at the beginning of the season then most would of said we should of sold him for silly money. But if we had there would of been a mutiny with us fans. But that is football I suppose. Yes he does seem to returned to the player of old but if anyone can snap him out of that then Warnock can.

Yes there would have been a backlash and rightly so, nobody could have predicted his rise from the player he was to what he then produced and exactly the same the other way around. Look zohore is far from finished, he's done it before and am sure he can do it again. For me it's in his head not his feet. Warnock knows, but if a 25 yard goal can't lift your confidence what can?

I think the second we sign a striker ken will be Warming the bench. So frustrating. Am clinging to the hope its fitness and I am talking absolute bollox.

I think that's the problem as far as I am concerned with Zohore. He is not a bad player and has shown that he is good at shielding the ball and bringing other players into play. The reason I have had a moan about him is because I don't rate him as a goal poacher or as a prolific scorer. I don't see him as a natural finisher. He scores some eye catching goals, but you will only hit so many 25 yard screamers in a season. He may get close to double figures with some of his 25 yard drives, but I think a natural finisher who often gets the tap ins from 6 yards would be better. Chopra scored the odd eye catcher, but he also made a general nuisance of himself in the box and had the knack of being just where he needed to be at the right time.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:46 pm

I will say it again, but got slagged down on here last time.

Kenneth Zohore, wrong attitude, thinks he's bigger than he is and had a bad attitude before Warnock arrived which Warnock stated and I stand by this,he has still got the bad/wrong attiude.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will say it again, but got slagged down on here last time.

Kenneth Zohore, wrong attitude, thinks he's bigger than he is and had a bad attitude before Warnock arrived which Warnock stated and I stand by this,he has still got the bad/wrong attiude.

I think there are a few of us on here who had a few doubts that he was all he was being cracked up to be. Something has never quite added up where he is concerned. He showed a lot of ability and skill for a few months last year. Looking at his career as a whole those few months were exceptional compared to everything else he had done, or more like had not done, throughout his career. Have to wonder about his attitude. I don't know if that is the problem, or because he has been out injured. He had not been out with any long term injury before Warnock got here as far as I know, and we all know what he was like back then.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will say it again, but got slagged down on here last time.

I think there are a few of us on here who had a few doubts that he was all he was being cracked up to be. Something has never quite added up where he is concerned. He showed a lot of ability and skill for a few months last year. Looking at his career as a whole those few months were exceptional compared to everything else he had done, or more like had not done, throughout his career. Have to wonder about his attitude. I don't know if that is the problem, or because he has been out injured. He had not been out with any long term injury before Warnock got here as far as I know, and we all know what he was like back then.

Steve, My opinion its more his attitude than injuries and I know he reads this forum, so maybe it will buck him up as right now, his talent is totally wasted and could end up totally failing.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

dogfound wrote:you can see he doesnt have the sharpness that he had.i think he has got more of the stamina but its that sprinting,going past defenders,he hasnt got that at the minute.

the above post is what Neil Warnock had to say.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Let’s be honest we know what he can do, we’d have hoped that this season after the end last year would be his season to improve, if he put in half the effort he does when he is trying then there would be no complaints just at the moment he just doesn’t seem to want to try. It’s almost like he’s struggling with his own self confidence.

Drop him in the reserves to find some form I say - maybe a wake up call.

Having spoken to him he doesn’t strike me as your typical mouthy confident striker - so that’s why I’m going with low confidence

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:you can see he doesnt have the sharpness that he had.i think he has got more of the stamina but its that sprinting,going past defenders,he hasnt got that at the minute.

I didn’t think he lacked effort yesterday, he seemed to be trying but he was second to most balls and wasn’t sharp at all. When you’re a big unit like he is it takes longer to get that match fitness and sharpness back. He was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday though. At the moment we have little choice but to keep playing him.
I was disappointed in Healey as well. Should have scored when he was put through in the second half.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I didn’t think he lacked effort yesterday, he seemed to be trying but he was second to most balls and wasn’t sharp at all. When you’re a big unit like he is it takes longer to get that match fitness and sharpness back. He was frustrating the hell out of me yesterday though. At the moment we have little choice but to keep playing him.
I was disappointed in Healey as well. Should have scored when he was put through in the second half.

big forwards are always slaughtered by some fans for lack of effort, managers keep picking them though..he isnt the first and wont be the last to get slaughtered.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 pm

dogfound wrote:

Paul, we said the same about Kenwyne and he was a big lump. Maybe it is a 'time' thing getting them up to match level? :? :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Well if he does read this forum then "Come on Big Ken push us to promotion" KEEP THE FAITH :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Paul, we said the same about Kenwyne and he was a big lump. Maybe it is a 'time' thing getting them up to match level? :? :ayatollah:

He's a big lump and 100% I don't expect him to be running about covering acres of grass, that's not what I see as the problem. He's not showing, he doesn't seem to want the ball. Just giving the option down the channels isn't asking him to run about non stop. I do hope he wakes up because a hungry zohore would fire us to promotion. Wake up ken.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Let's be honest with the exception of the odd few this post hasn't been the debate I thought it would be, thought it might divide opinion. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Form is temporary class is permanent ;) :ayatollah: