Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who's going to Mansfield

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

I bet city will take a good following there

Re: Who's going to Mansfield

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Martin I'm in benidorm that week or I would go one of the few grounds I've never been to.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:33 pm

i'll be there :bluebird:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I bet city will take a Good following there

Martin We will prob only get about 800-1,000 tickets, we should sell out without even a doubt :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm

We 'll be lucky to take 500

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Will probably go.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 pm

When is it

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:09 pm

caerblue wrote:We 'll be lucky to take 500

I'd be surprised if we took 200.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:12 pm

davids wrote:

I agree, I suppose the only plus is many prob have never been before

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:18 pm

davids wrote:

David, many if the new fans have never been there.

Many say on here and Fb Cardiff fans font go due to the same old grounds.

We use to take to Mansfield 350, 800 and 2,000 fans in Div 4.

An example yest Sheffield Wednesday having a terrible season took nearly 2,000 all the way to Carlisle :thumbright:

Wed sold out seats and terrace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Preston 800 fans all the way to Wycombe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Martin We will prob only get about 800-1,000 tickets, we should sell out without even a doubt :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

its 15% for FA cup games

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

its 15% for FA cup games

Yes I know :thumbright:

But I rem Mansfield only having a capacity of 5,000-6,000, just looked it’s bedn increased due to the New Stand.

Great news City will be able to get more tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

It says capacity 9,000,but I don’t think it is that big?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Im tempted to go to this i have not been to field mill for 20 years.

It is also the oldest ground in the football league for anybody looking to scrub away grounds off there list this is a good one.

I think it depends on how many have already bought sheff wed tickets 3 days later.
Many will have a choice financially of choosing one or the other. Being as sheff wed is on sky and its a ground we dont visit often this might proove a popular and have an effect on the sheff wed attendance instead.

After a quick look the North stand away end at field mill holds 1910 people.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm

thomasblue wrote:Im tempted to go to this i have not been to field mill for 20 years.

It is also the oldest ground in the football league for anybody looking to scrub away grounds off there list this is a good one.

I think it depends on how many have already bought sheff wed tickets 3 days later.
Many will have a choice financially of choosing one or the other. Being as sheff wed is on sky and its a ground we dont visit often this might proove a popular and have an effect on the sheff wed attendance instead.

Thomas, Sales for Sheffield Wed Away are so far as low as 150 Sold, but of course very very early days yet :thumbright:

That’s good news Away end holding 1,910 :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But they could change it all around?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Im tempted to go to this i have not been to field mill for 20 years.

Thomas, Sales for Sheffield Wed Away are so far as low as 150 Sold, but of course very very early days yet :thumbright:

I think a lot will depend on the draw tomorrow night. If a big away trip like man utd awaits the winner this game will probably sell out for home and away fans. If its a trip to hull or middlesbrough it will be a lot less appealing.
They have a average home attendance of 4500. They may well cut the away stand in half to allow more home fans in as they only have to give us around 900.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:09 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think a lot will depend on the draw tomorrow night. If a big away trip like man utd awaits the winner this game will probably sell out for home and away fans. If its a trip to hull or middlesbrough it will be a lot less appealing.
They have a average home attendance of 4500. They may well cut the away stand in half to allow more home fans in as they only have to give us around 900.

Agreed :thumbright:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Last time I went to Mansfield we only had around 200 fans there.

Around 1991/2

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:52 pm

nubbsy wrote:
davids wrote:

I agree, I suppose the only plus is many prob have never been before

Funley enough I have been to mansfield but never to there ground

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Someone mentioned 15% tickets , if We draw Newport away will they give us the full 15%?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:05 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Someone mentioned 15% tickets , if We draw Newport away will they give us the full 15%?

They have to :thumbright:

Just over 1,000 tickets :thumbright:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CardiffCityBlue wrote:Someone mentioned 15% tickets , if We draw Newport away will they give us the full 15%?

I’m guessing a bubble to :lol: could the police over rule our ticket allocation

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:23 pm

davids wrote:

I agree, 200 max.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Last time I went to Mansfield we only had around 200 fans there.

Around 1991/2

I use to go away in the late 70's through the 80's and tha'ts the level of support i can remember, any where from 200 hundred to about 800. still good as we was utter crap,and comparative teams like Oldham, Preson, and Bolten would bring about 50 to n.p. still capable of massive support on one off occasions.you read some post on here that give you the impression that we took thousands to every away match,that wasn't my experience.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Last time I went to Mansfield we only had around 200 fans there.

Around 1991/2

Think I might have been at that one, lost 3-0 or 3-1? Good day apart from the football, nice beers round there I recall.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I’m guessing a bubble to :lol: could the police over rule our ticket allocation

No, no bublle, just No pay on the night I reckon.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Around 1991/2

Tim, I have been to Mansfield 9 tines with City, support as low as 200 yes as most of our years we were struggling in the lower divisions,but on quite a few occasions we have had very good support there as it’s such an easy trip to go to :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Bella Blue wrote:

Around 1991/2

Think I might have been at that one, lost 3-0 or 3-1? Good day apart from the football, nice beers round there I recall.

Just looked back and it was 19th October 1991 we lost 3-0.

I don't think that was the one I was at. Mine was probably the 2-2 draw on 22/10/88 when I'd just gone away to Loughborough.

Pretty scary day on my own on the train up there.
9 miles from the station to the ground on bus/ walking. Ended up trying to get in the wrong end and being rescued from a certain kicking by some unimpressed coppers.

At the end of the game I got lucky when a Rotherham fan in our end who'd come to the game because theirs was off gav me a lift to the station as I think I would have got hammered on the way back.

Those were the days.

We'd lost 2 (6-1 at Port Vale and 4-0 at Bolton and got 0-0 draws at Southend and Chester in our previous 2 aways after getting promoted the season before.

We finished 16th in Division 3 that season.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Bella Blue wrote:

Around 1991/2

I don't think that was the one I was at. Mine was probably the 2-2 draw on 22/10/88 when I'd just gone away to Loughborough.

9 miles from the station to the ground on bus/ walking. Ended up trying to get in the wrong end and being rescued from a certain kicking by some unimpressed coppers.

At the end of the game I got lucky when a Rotherham fan in our end who'd come to the game because theirs was off gav me a lift to the station as I think I would have got hammered on the way back.

Those were the days.

We'd lost 2 (6-1 at Port Vale and 4-0 at Bolton and got 0-0 draws at Southend and Chester in our previous 2 aways after getting promoted the season before.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Bella Blue wrote:

Around 1991/2

It was always a bit dicey going away on your own or in twos or threes back in them days! Usually turned OK. Good times!

Those were the days.