Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " We let the team down today big time. "

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Turn up when its cheap ...you are having a laugh....how many non season ticket fans turned up yesterday?

The club has to get revenue somehow...other clubs played lower league Opposition too you know yesterday and they still had a decent crowd ....more poor excuses from us again....

So what about the team then? Pfff!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Another pop at our fans again.. Made a sticky to :roll:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't see why anyone should be ashamed because they decided not to attend a football match. Many people have more important thing in their lives than watching a game of football. A lot of fans spend a small fortune on following this club, and if you are a bit strapped for cash after xmas, I can see that watching a team from Div 2 in a competition we know our manager has no great enthusiasm for, is not likely to appeal to that many fans.
Nobody knows what the outcome would have been with a bigger crowd. We could have had 25k there and lost. Big crowds can have an effect on the away team as well as the home side.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Today's game had no appeal to me, I wasn't the only one. I did go but if I didn't then shoot me, lots of us have busy lives with families and work commitments and if I was going to miss one it would have been today. When I was younger I would have shared the op opinion but times change.

If we get relegated suppose no one will turn up for those games too . besides that with 365 days in a year and city play a home game in about 25 of those days leaving 345 days to do something more interesting instead..

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:12 pm

I wonder what the club made yesterday. Perhaps 100,000 based on attendance. Are they that hard up that they couldn't give free tickets out.

Greedy bas........

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Fred Keenor's statue shows how vital the FA Cup is to our history and one of the best games I've ever been to was Barnsley semi in Wembley, for the great atmosphere.
Maybe someone could make a short film illustrating just how important it can be, so younger fans realise.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Judging by the pathetic excuse of an atmosphere, I’m guessing the fans that did turn up thought we had an inherrant right to win. I remember the old days when we were the underdogs and the passion was tenfold compared to yesterday. I think I notice it more than most as I missed 15 seasons through living away, where as for others the passion has been diluted more gradually. I tried to get a few chants going in the Canton, but to no avail. :bluebird:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't see why anyone should be ashamed because they decided not to attend a football match. Many people have more important thing in their lives than watching a game of football. A lot of fans spend a small fortune on following this club, and if you are a bit strapped for cash after xmas, I can see that watching a team from Div 2 in a competition we know our manager has no great enthusiasm for, is not likely to appeal to that many fans.
Nobody knows what the outcome would have been with a bigger crowd. We could have had 25k there and lost. Big crowds can have an effect on the away team as well as the home side.

Why does it seem to effect us more than other teams fans? your reasoning does not seem to spread further than the severn bridge...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I wonder what the club made yesterday. Perhaps 100,000 based on attendance. Are they that hard up that they couldn't give free tickets out.

Greedy bas........

not sure if your being sarcastic but plenty of bills to pay yesterday..players /staff,stewards police utility tax.. ..etc etc...profit i doubt it....£6500 x av ticket price about £10 is about £65k...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Sloper Road wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't see why anyone should be ashamed because they decided not to attend a football match. Many people have more important thing in their lives than watching a game of football. A lot of fans spend a small fortune on following this club, and if you are a bit strapped for cash after xmas, I can see that watching a team from Div 2 in a competition we know our manager has no great enthusiasm for, is not likely to appeal to that many fans.

Why does it seem to effect us more than other teams fans? your reasoning does not seem to spread further than the severn bridge...

My answer would be check out yesterday, B'ham 7k, Blackburn 6k, Brentford 6k, Millwall 5k, QPR 6k, etc. All of those are on the other side of the bridge. We are not unique.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Sloper Road wrote:For those who didn't come today without a good reason then you should be ashamed.

This club has so many halfhearted supporters ,worse bunch in the country imo ,Just wish we had more passion for the club. We have it in truck loads away from home but as home supporters we are really bottom of the league.Who would want to sign on and play for us,god only knows.If we had a crowd of of at least around 15k passionate supporters today we would have won ,no doubt about it...everyone blaming the players but we cost them a good result in the game today.

We all review players performances, we rarely review our own, and as a set of fans we are poor but we just don't realise how bad we are.

We need people who attend and are passionate about football. People who care about making a noise, showing the passion by being in the ground driving the team on and put to shame all those who talk about the club but rarely attend.
I cannot understand why any season ticket holder in particular would not have gone to the game today if able to do so.
We are top of the embarrassment league at times.

I presume you have been to all home and away games and pre season?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Slightly off thread however it must be said!!

It's still hard to sit and listen to some of our fans grunting on about things on the field.

The lack of knowledge on how to play football even down to not knowing our own players.

Tomlin was overweight, he certainly was a few weeks back but I'd love to have his belly now.

The most amusing one yesterday was by a middle aged bloke sat near us yesterday was Etheridge saved us today.

Are these people in employment hmm

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:For those who didn't come today without a good reason then you should be ashamed.

This club has so many halfhearted supporters ,worse bunch in the country imo ,Just wish we had more passion for the club. We have it in truck loads away from home but as home supporters we are really bottom of the league.Who would want to sign on and play for us,god only knows.If we had a crowd of of at least around 15k passionate supporters today we would have won ,no doubt about it...everyone blaming the players but we cost them a good result in the game today.

We all review players performances, we rarely review our own, and as a set of fans we are poor but we just don't realise how bad we are.

We need people who attend and are passionate about football. People who care about making a noise, showing the passion by being in the ground driving the team on and put to shame all those who talk about the club but rarely attend.
I cannot understand why any season ticket holder in particular would not have gone to the game today if able to do so.

Season ticket holder been to most home games .....since 1967 and been to 6 away games this season..and you?.....

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:

My answer would be check out yesterday, B'ham 7k, Blackburn 6k, Brentford 6k, Millwall 5k, QPR 6k, etc. All of those are on the other side of the bridge. We are not unique.

why not mention Villa 22k,Bolton 12k,Fulham 17k Ipswich 12k,Middlesbourgh 22k Wolves22k,,,...Blackburn were relegated last year...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Sloper Road wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Season ticket holder been to most home games .....since 1967 and been to 6 away games this season..and you?.....

You should be ashamed of yourself only been to most home games and 6 away games, how can you tell other fans to be ashamed if you have missed games aswell :roll:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Slightly off thread however it must be said!!

It's still hard to sit and listen to some of our fans grunting on about things on the field.

The lack of knowledge on how to play football even down to not knowing our own players.

Tomlin was overweight, he certainly was a few weeks back but I'd love to have his belly now.

The most amusing one yesterday was by a middle aged bloke sat near us yesterday was Etheridge saved us today.

Got to agree with you, Tomlin looked pretty lean to me and has definitely shed a few pounds.. I thought Phil Dwyer had a good game :D

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Slightly off thread however it must be said!!

Got to agree with you, Tomlin looked pretty lean to me and has definitely shed a few pounds.. I thought Phil Dwyer had a good game :D

I thought Dwyer was superb pity he's only on loan!!!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Last season Neil Warnock said he really couldn’t get out of bed for our FA Cup game with Fulham. Now yesterday was against league 2 opposition. How are we as fans supposed to get up for a game like this when our manger isn’t bothered and we have to pay ?
Me personally I had things I had to do, stinking cold, it was freezing out there, and when a mate messaged me from the CCS saying it was dire and he really didn’t know why he chose to go I thought I was glad I was in the warm.
Unfortunately unless it’s a glamorous tie for one team then the sparkle has gone out of the FA Cup with reserve sides and no enthusiasm from managers or players (again unless it’s a glamour tie)

I also remember Warnock saying them words last year and that's the main reason I couldn't be bothered to go yesterday.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

murphy wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Last season Neil Warnock said he really couldn’t get out of bed for our FA Cup game with Fulham. Now yesterday was against league 2 opposition. How are we as fans supposed to get up for a game like this when our manger isn’t bothered and we have to pay ?
Me personally I had things I had to do, stinking cold, it was freezing out there, and when a mate messaged me from the CCS saying it was dire and he really didn’t know why he chose to go I thought I was glad I was in the warm.
Unfortunately unless it’s a glamorous tie for one team then the sparkle has gone out of the FA Cup with reserve sides and no enthusiasm from managers or players (again unless it’s a glamour tie)

I also remember Warnock saying them words last year and that's the main reason I couldn't be bothered to go yesterday.

I wasn't going to go but my grandson asked if he could go so couldn't turn him down as I am trying to convert him from Liverpool FC...... I think I am failing :banghead:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm

How many would have gone if it was free for season ticket holders. Do the maths!!

Reap what you sow!!!!!

Roll on sat though! !!!!!!!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Sloper Road wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:

why not mention Villa 22k,Bolton 12k,Fulham 17k Ipswich 12k,Middlesbourgh 22k Wolves22k,,,...Blackburn were relegated last year...

Because you are the one who said it does not seem to spread further than the Severn bridge. These teams are further than the Severn bridge. I have also selected teams of similar stature to ourselves, and teams who like us have not spent a huge amount of time in the top league. If you are going to mention the likes of Aston Villa, may as well go the full hog and mention teams like Everton as well. You have mentioned teams who have all spent at least 10 seasons in the Premier League apart from Wolves who I think have spent around 5 seasons there. We have spent 1 season there, and I selected teams who I thought were a fair comparison.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 pm

murphy wrote:

Good point :thumbup:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:55 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
murphy wrote:

Good point :thumbup:

nobody is saying u should go or expect to go if your ill.
Warnock was also having a pop at an 11.30am kick off and was on the TV.....

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:32 pm

blue lagoon wrote:How many would have gone if it was free for season ticket holders. Do the maths!!

Reap what you sow!!!!!

Roll on sat though! !!!!!!!

Well, I know of at least ONE freeloader that would have jumped on that one! Any ideas? Do the maths! ;)

More a case of reaping the seeds that someone else sows! :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Looking at my newspaper today, I can see 29 FA Cup results listed for the weekend. Of these, 16 matches had gates of under 10k. The 3rd round was one of the highlights of the season years back, but as teams and managers have been treating this more and more as a second rate competition, I'm afraid the public have started to lose interest as well.

As far as our gate was concerned, that was roughly par for the course for playing against bottom division sides. In fact, when we were playing them at home every other week, that would have been considered a good crowd.

I'm sure we would have been one of the teams with over 10k if we had seen a bigger side than Mansfield here, and hopefully if we progress we will get a better draw for the fourth round.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

I got BBC 2 on now ready for the draw. If we do make it through to the 4th I'll be there whoever we play as that game will replace our Bolton home fixture.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 pm

murphy wrote:I got BBC 2 on now ready for the draw. If we do make it through to the 4th I'll be there whoever we play as that game will replace our Bolton home fixture.

Man City it is then...they will have probably sewn up the PL by then also :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Why was my post edited out?