Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" We let the team down today big time. "

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 pm

For those who didn't come today without a good reason then you should be ashamed.

This club has so many halfhearted supporters ,worse bunch in the country imo ,Just wish we had more passion for the club. We have it in truck loads away from home but as home supporters we are really bottom of the league.Who would want to sign on and play for us,god only knows.If we had a crowd of of at least around 15k passionate supporters today we would have won ,no doubt about it...everyone blaming the players but we cost them a good result in the game today.

We all review players performances, we rarely review our own, and as a set of fans we are poor but we just don't realise how bad we are.

We need people who attend and are passionate about football. People who care about making a noise, showing the passion by being in the ground driving the team on and put to shame all those who talk about the club but rarely attend.
I cannot understand why any season ticket holder in particular would not have gone to the game today if able to do so.
We are top of the embarrassment league at times.

Re: We let the team down today big time.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Hardly any regular season ticket holders around me turn up today. Would be the first to be banging on the doors for their tickets if we got to Wembley

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Sloper Road wrote:For those who didn't come today without a good reason then you should be ashamed.
This club has so many halfhearted supporters ,worse bunch in the country imo ,Just wish we had more passion for the club. We have it in truck loads away from home but as home supporters we are really bottom of the league.Who would want to sign on and play for us,god only knows.If we had a crowd of of at least around 15k passionate supporters today we would have won ,no doubt about it...everyone blaming the players but we cost them a good result in the game today.
We all review players performances, we rarely review our own, and as a set of fans we are poor but we just don't realise how bad we are.
We need people who attend and are passionate about football. People who care about making a noise, showing the passion by being in the ground driving the team on and put to shame all those who talk about the club but rarely attend.
I cannot understand why any season ticket holder in particular would not have gone to the game today if able to do so.

Well said. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Sloper Road wrote:For those who didn't come today without a good reason then you should be ashamed.

According to 'Blue Lagoon' it's the clubs fault because they wouldn't give him a 'freebie' as part of the season ticket he already knew the conditions of and also didn't give him a refund on his season ticket after relegation from the Premier League...

I was disappointed with the crowd today but we can't force people; sometimes it's just the excuses they use that frustrate! :roll:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:12 pm

I knew what i signed up for beginning season . However, when is the great footbal public going to make a stand. Enough is enough you greedy bas.... enough is enough. Principle is a dying word these days. Furthermore, if my entry was free today I would have spent a tenner on food and programme so everyone would be a winner.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Cardiff city season ticket holders let down today!!!!!!

Didnt want a refund when we got relegated. But i would have liked 150 banked for future season ticket purchase for my ingoing loyalty. Considering the parachute payments and paying up the big corns contract there was enough money swirling around. Greedy bas.....

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 pm

those that didnt go clearly didnt miss anything. another embarassing result against a league two side, this time. why do we often lose to lower league teams in the cups?

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:22 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I knew what i signed up for beginning season . However, when is the great footbal public going to make a stand. Enough is enough you greedy bas.... enough is enough. Principle is a dying word these days. Furthermore, if my entry was free today I would have spent a tenner on food and programme so everyone would be a winner.

i dont ever remember cup games being part of your season ticket...besides the gate receipts are shared with differing percentages going to the hometeam /away team /and the FA pot..hence the great excitement at lower lge clubs if they draw a Man u or Arsenal away....its not principle thats a dying word its tradition ..

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 pm

My point is that season ticket holders tend to be the most loyal therefore why dont they attend FA cup games.
i dont think in all the years over 50 that i have had an interest in city that a season ticket included entry to an FA cup games. So its hardly an argument that its greed charging season a ticket holder to attend the game today. Also i don't think years ago city reduced prices for an FA cup game either.
Some fans think games should be free and than moan how much debt we are in and cant even afford players like Bodin!...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 am

I sort of agree with the point your trying to make.

I didn't attend as I work 12-5 on Saturdays.

But I attended Portsmouth and Burton in the cup this season and the performances overall were nothing short of unorganised and pathetic really.

I attended cup games like Wigan at home in the FA Cup couple seasons back also and I remember Fulham last season in the FA Cup and I can see why people stay at home.. the team are not giving it 100% and trying to win the game. Looking back at games like today, Burton in the League Cup and Fulham it's almost like Warnock sends the team to hope to win rather than try to win.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:26 am

Well said.. our support is rubbish..

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:45 am

Disappointing crowd yes but given the clubs efforts and results in cup competitions in recent seasons can you really blame fans if they want to stay away?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:58 am

I'm a season ticket holder but chose to go and watch a Welsh league division 2 game round the corner from where I live. By the sounds of it, I saw more passion and a better game of football than those that went down to watch the city.

If that makes me any less of a fan then so be it

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 am

I went today for one reason I love fa cup football and I love city but a lot of the Neath and port talbot bluebirds didn't attend which I am surprised about one port talbot supporter I spoke to coming home on the train said he didn't go because drawing Mansfield home just didn't do it for him couldn't belive it he spent the day drinking in the city centre that probberly cost him more and he's a St holder .i did think the club would have put a offer on for St holders like they did against Leeds to draw more support

Re: " We let the team down today big time. "

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm

I always go for Carabao Cup and FA Cup and I'm always really disappointed by the turn-out. The prices were really cheap....the club can't do much else .
Warnock put out a strong team as well, unlike the Carabao.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 pm

bluemun wrote:I always go for Carabao Cup and FA Cup and I'm always really disappointed by the turn-out. The prices were really cheap....the club can't do much else .
Warnock put out a strong team as well, unlike the Carabao.

You're spot on here! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:21 pm

So tell me then what level of support should Cardiff city get when you consider during our 98 seasons in the league we've experienced far more failure than success?.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

How can any supporter let any club down?

Looking at the attendances throughout they are all down supporters know that most teams will make lots of changes. It's a bit like going into an expensive restaurant and ordering the dearest meal on the menu only to be served beans on toast.

People might go on about their love for the FA Cup however attendances don't prove that.

Depending on the draw will depend on what team NW plays in the replay.

If we got a top team I'm sure they would make several changes and their best players would be rested.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Is there a general lack of understanding on the effect on any team by supporters not attending games but expecting the team to perform?
As i have stated ,some of the recent cup games we would have done a lot better had we had better support.
Supporters second guessing how the team played yesterday based on a mate who went or whats said on this type of forum is incredibly moronic .
its generally true that good successful teams have good commuted supporters, it is the whole part of success.
Cardiff fans want success but dont want to go games...very strange imo....

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Is there a general lack of understanding on the effect on any team by supporters not attending games but expecting the team to perform?
As i have stated ,some of the recent cup games we would have done a lot better had we had better support.
Supporters second guessing how the team played yesterday based on a mate who went or whats said on this type of forum is incredibly moronic .
its generally true that good successful teams have good commuted supporters, it is the whole part of success.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Last season Neil Warnock said he really couldn’t get out of bed for our FA Cup game with Fulham. Now yesterday was against league 2 opposition. How are we as fans supposed to get up for a game like this when our manger isn’t bothered and we have to pay ?
Me personally I had things I had to do, stinking cold, it was freezing out there, and when a mate messaged me from the CCS saying it was dire and he really didn’t know why he chose to go I thought I was glad I was in the warm.
Unfortunately unless it’s a glamorous tie for one team then the sparkle has gone out of the FA Cup with reserve sides and no enthusiasm from managers or players (again unless it’s a glamour tie)

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Is there a general lack of understanding on the effect on any team by supporters not attending games but expecting the team to perform?

I think that as supporters we like to think that our support can make all the difference and raise the standards of the players and sometimes that happens, the Leeds cup game of a few years ago, the Leicester play off game etc.

However I've been to many many games (especially away games) where we've taken thousands of fans who haven't stopped singing and chanting all game and we've played utterly shit. On the other hand, there have been games where there have been only a handful of fans and the players have put in an excellent performance. In fact, at Leeds away and Wolves a few years sgo we won the game when we had absolutely no fans at the stadium for ne reason or another.

In my experience whether we have a full stadium rocking and supporting the team or just a handful of fans rarely makes any difference to the performance of the team.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm

How many of our fans are you referring to?
Is it the 30000 plus who made the effort to watch us in an FA Cup semi final who didn't go yesterday, or others?
Everyone has a personal choice of whether to go or not and remember that just 12 months ago our manager didn't want to get out of bed for the fa cup either. Hardly any inspirational message for the clubs supporters is it?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 pm

We can all quote games where we won or lost with a poor crowd. You have to look wider than that and without doubt over a period of time (not as you quote some individual matches) then its more likely to have a positive effect on a team that a full stadium will improve a teams performance than an empty one, I cant for the life of me accept that it wont.
Ninian park was at its best when it was full,horrible place when empty. Away teams love an empty stadium...as always city fans looking for the excuse not to be called poor...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Is there a general lack of understanding on the effect on any team by supporters not attending games but expecting the team to perform?

Are you saying it was a good game then. I could'nt be there but my friends and family have all described the game as absolute crap. The press reports say much the same, and most of what I have seen on here says the same. You obviously saw something that most people seemed to have missed.
I could not get there, would have been there if I could, but listening to everyone I have spoken to, I am not too disappointed that I was not there.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm

A full stadium with a cracking atmosphere can also have a detrimental effect on performance by increasing pressure and expectations.
Wales v Ireland is a classic example.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Sloper Road wrote:We can all quote games where we won or lost with a poor crowd. You have to look wider than that and without doubt over a period of time (not as you quote some individual matches) then its more likely to have a positive effect on a team that a full stadium will improve a teams performance than an empty one, I cant for the life of me accept that it wont.
Ninian park was at its best when it was full,horrible place when empty. Away teams love an empty stadium...as always city fans looking for the excuse not to be called poor...

I was only quoting individual games to give examples of times when the performance of the team has or has not been influenced by the amount of fans present. I am saying that I agree with you that it's more likely that a full stadium may improve a team's performance but that's not always the case.

A team can play poorly in front of a capacity crowd that's cheering and chanting from the first whistle to the last. I'm not looking for an excuse to be poor - I was there yesterday and have been to every game this season and cannot recall one game where I believe that our support, good or bad, has had either a negative or positive effect on the team's performance.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:38 pm

The club have been throwing cheap tickets around all season for non season ticket holders like they're going out of fashion.

Comes to a cup game where they could have given a deal to season ticket holders and they want minimum £10 a ticket, to watch league 2 opposition.

Why not reward the fans who paid for the season 10 months ago instead of the people who turn up when it's cheap?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Turn up when its cheap ...you are having a laugh....how many non season ticket fans turned up yesterday?

The club has to get revenue somehow...other clubs played lower league Opposition too you know yesterday and they still had a decent crowd ....more poor excuses from us again....

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Today's game had no appeal to me, I wasn't the only one. I did go but if I didn't then shoot me, lots of us have busy lives with families and work commitments and if I was going to miss one it would have been today. When I was younger I would have shared the op opinion but times change.