Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FA CUP: Bad Crowds Why?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:58 pm

The fa CUP is failing to attract crowds for one reason.
Devalued by all clubs since tv revenue has dictated to clubs.
What can be done to bring back feel good factor to the cup?
Winning the cup getting 50% of tv revenue
Champions leauge place.
Make some games double headers if there is sill a corresponding fixture to take place.
Any other suggestions?

Re: FA CUP bad crowds why?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 pm

It depends on the situation on different clubs, i.e. whether they are going for promotion (in which you would get a good crowd) or whether they are mid-table and likely to stay there, which will bring in an 'okay' crowd. But I think that more could be done to promote the FA Cup and indeed the Carabou (League) Cup in general.

I also think clubs should do a bit more to get fans off there sofas and onto seats in the stadiums. But sadly, with the weather being cold, I guess you will not get a big turnout and if it is a side like Mansfield who Cardiff play, this match doesn't scream at your face as a great match to be at. I guess it all depends on different things like the club's form, who they play, the weather conditions and of course if it is on TV.

Re: FA CUP bad crowds why?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 am

stuey1965 wrote:The fa CUP is failing to attract crowds for one reason.
Devalued by all clubs since tv revenue has dictated to clubs.
What can be done to bring back feel good factor to the cup?
Winning the cup getting 50% of tv revenue
Champions leauge place.
Make some games double headers if there is sill a corresponding fixture to take place.
Any other suggestions?

it all comes down to teams consistently putting out their 1st teams, which just does not happen.
a champions league spot for the winners would fix it, but the FA and big 6 are never going to go for that.

Re: FA CUP: Bad Crowds Why?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:59 am

It’s a tough one but I think if there’s 2 leagues between the sides the lower should play home (100% won’t happen I know) small clubs would love to go to the big grounds and deserve it

But you take it if Mansfield were home they’d sell out we would take over 1000 and the atmosphere would be rocking and that’s what the cup is all about , Mansfield at home ? No ones up for that

For me the games I love watching on tele bbc have got it smack on they put a low division team who are home against a prem team (fleetwood vs Leicester , Shrewsbury vs West Ham ) that’s what you want to see full house at small clubs and see their atmosphere it’s their day and potential upset