Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Would We ? “

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:32 pm

If We drew Manchester United Away in the FA CUP 3rd round live on tv on a Friday night, 8,000 ( Sold out) Derby fans at Manchester United

Would We Take 8,000 fans
?

Opinions :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Would We ? “

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:40 pm

I think we would.
Our fan base has always been strange. Top of the table half empty stadium. One off cup game to a big team and everyone fights over tickets.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think we would.
Our fan base has always been strange. Top of the table half empty stadium. One off cup game to a big team and everyone fights over tickets.

Thomas, my mistake 8,000 ?

The 8000 Derby fans at Old Trafford last night. #DCFC

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:49 pm

We would we took 6700 to arsenal on a Monday night

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:We would we took 6700 to arsenal on a Monday night

We did Wez :thumbright: I was there, but look how many years ago that was?

I Reckon we would take about 5,000 :thumbright:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Not sure if be 8k but 6k+ probably!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think we would sell out mate Cardiff fans turn up for the big games ,always been a fickle bunch

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If We drew Manchester United Away in the FA CUP 3rd round live on tv on a Friday night, 8,000 ( Sold out) Derby fans at Manchester United

Would We Take 8,000 fans
?

might sell 8000 tickets but There wouldn’t be 8000 ccfc fans in the away end

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think we would sell out mate Cardiff fans turn up for the big games ,always been a fickle bunch

Wez, I was talking to Carl about it and we both agreed. Suddenly Friday night, live on tv, long distance , season ticket holders/ members only No problem :thumbup:

And yes fans who have never been away would go and parents would want there children to go etc :thumbright:

You might be right, but asking us to take 8,000 Away is asking a lot even if it’s to the biggest club in the UK or world.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm

since64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If We drew Manchester United Away in the FA CUP 3rd round live on tv on a Friday night, 8,000 ( Sold out) Derby fans at Manchester United

Would We Take 8,000 fans
?

might sell 8000 tickets but There wouldn’t be 8000 ccfc fans in the away end

Thats a good point. There is a lot of man utd fans around south wales who would massively boost numbers for a game like that.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, I was talking to Carl about it and we both agreed. Suddenly Friday night, live on tv, long distance , season ticket holders/ members only No problem :thumbup:

And yes fans who have never been away would go and parents would want there children to go etc :thumbright:

You might be right, but asking us to take 8,000 Away is asking a lot even if it’s to the biggest club in the UK or world.

Derby to manchester is like us going to reading. Only around 1hour 30mins drive. It is around 4 hours for us. That makes a big difference. People in derby could still work friday and go to the game ours would pretty much need the day off

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:25 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Derby to manchester is like us going to reading. Only around 1hour 30mins drive. It is around 4 hours for us. That makes a big difference. People in derby could still work friday and go to the game ours would pretty much need the day off

:thumbup: it's not size of game it's the logistics of getting there by 7.45pm that will determine crowd . :old:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Just the little issue of a 160 mile round trip as opposed to 380 mile trip.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:09 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ok Thomas, honestly miles etc I actually never thought that excuse would be brought up.

Luton Town took 8,000 fans to Newcastle and that’s not close at all and Luton only get 8,000 at home on average, League 2 : :thumbright:

We only took 1,200 to Reading when we were Top Two of the Championship.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Wayne S wrote:Just the little issue of a 160 mile round trip as opposed to 380 mile trip.

:lol:

Wayne, never thought of the miles on this one, but how about Plymouth takes thousands upon thousands away to big games and don’t Moan :lol:

Has our fan base become that bad we look st the miles for even Man United now :lol:

We are talking about Old Trafford where you don’t even think of the miles and just go :thumbright:

I know clubs like Plymouth further away would take 8,000 fans.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Just the little issue of a 160 mile round trip as opposed to 380 mile trip.

Wayne, never thought of the miles on this one, but how about Plymouth takes thousands upon thousands away to big games and don’t Moan :lol:

Has our fan base become that bad we look st the miles for even Man United now :lol:

We are talking about Old Trafford where you don’t even think of the miles and just go :thumbright:

Annis question for you what relevance does Plymouth following have to do with following of ccfc totally different clubs totally different fans ect ect! Yes they generally take more away than us and further to travel, but that's upto their fans same as city's so why compare us with anybody else?. :roll:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis question for you what relevance does Plymouth following have to do with following of ccfc totally different clubs totally different fans ect ect! Yes they generally take more away than us and further to travel, but that's upto their fans same as city's so why compare us with anybody else?. :roll:

Wayne, Because you brought the miles in it regarding Derby, I honestly never thought about miles on this one, just the fact it’s Man United / Old Trafford, the lure of just going there with Cardiff City, even Wimbledon once took 7,000 fans there.

You brought miles in to it, So I chose Plymouth as that’s further away :thumbright:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I think pretty much every team takes a lot of fans for big games.
Forest green rovers last year took more people to Wembley for a play off game than the population of the actuall town.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:22 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think pretty much every team takes a lot of fans for big games.
Forest green rovers last year took more people to Wembley for a play off game than the population of the actuall town.

Spot on Thomas and I was just curious to see how many fans thought we would take, I agree with Wez, the fickle/ glory hunters cone out and mileage etc means nothing suddenly and that’s with all clubs.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I don’t think we would,everybody knows our support is dropping(for what ever reason).And if it was live on TV we would struggle for 5k.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:08 pm

The question is would we get 8k if we drew them at home! :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 am

I don't think we'd take 8k... Maybe 4/5k max. Our support is shit.