Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONFIRMED DATE: “ A NASTY ATMOSPHERE “

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 am

Cardiff City will face FA Cup third round replay on Tuesday 16 January away at Mansfield Town :thumbright: :bluebird:

Steve Evans wants a 'nasty' atmosphere for cup replay

Fighting talk here from Mansfield Town boss Steve Evans...

“I think the people of Mansfield and the supporters will turn out in big numbers. We want it to be a real hostile atmosphere with a real sporting nastiness.
“If we make it easy they have the quality to deal with us quite comfortably, but we need to make it a real hostile atmosphere.
“We’re unlucky not to be in the next round but I think Neil (Warnock) will say the same thing. We knew we were in the tie after 20 minutes and we had a real go.
“The briefing was to make sure after 20 minutes we were still in the tie. After 20 minutes we did that and we got through the first half fairly comfortably.
“I’m only keen on replays if you win them, but it looks made for TV. I think they are massive. I think it’s made for the cameras. A possible cup upset and a manager like Neil Warnock going out of the FA Cup.”

Re: “ A NASTY ATMOSPHERE “

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 am

How Evans is talking is how it use to be at Cardiff City, that’s what Cardiff City miss big time nowadays.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 am

Only time we've had a bit of a nasty atmosphere at the new ground was against Man Utd. Never forget the Leeds game as a 14 year old, Birmingham in 2006 was the last one I remember being really hostile, never beat Scott Murray getting hit by a carrot, he started that game as a winger getting calk on his boots finished it as a centre mid

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 am

Fair do's to Evans he knows if we turn up we'll piss it.He's just doing a great job firing up the locals.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:How Evans is talking is how it use to be at Cardiff City, that’s what Cardiff City miss big time nowadays.

Too much PC brigade and do gooders. Jesus someone said on here the other day calling the jacks gypsys was racist LOL

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:How Evans is talking is how it use to be at Cardiff City, that’s what Cardiff City miss big time nowadays.

Too much PC brigade and do gooders. Jesus someone said on here the other day calling the jacks gypsys was racist LOL

Jack, correct it’s gone beyond stupidity and not helped by our Stadium managrr.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am

I believe it is racist calling the Jacks gypsies.......that is insulting to the gypsies :D

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:I believe it is racist calling the Jacks gypsies.......that is insulting to the gypsies :D

Potentially the most uneducated post I've seen in a while :lol: :banghead:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 am

I'm sure from the sounds of that interview that those in charge have told Evans to big up the game for the extra TV money.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am

ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:I believe it is racist calling the Jacks gypsies.......that is insulting to the gypsies :D

Sorry Professor Pat Pending, I shall refrain from humour on the forum :roll: try and refrain from using I've, it is laziness and you should use I have.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 pm

This is 'progress' Annis. Club far more concerned with chasing the £££££££ of pl football to have any passion for an fa cup run :bluebird:

Re: CONFIRMED DATE: “ A NASTY ATMOSPHERE “

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Cardiff City will face FA Cup third round replay on Tuesday 16 January away at Mansfield Town :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

Sorry Professor Pat Pending, I shall refrain from humour on the forum :roll: try and refrain from using I've, it is laziness and you should use I have.

Irony is lost on you it seems.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 pm

ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

Try and stick to the topic snowflake.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

Doubt you still know what you've got wrong.

The fact is that your comment isn't funny because you're completely missing the point of why people say it is racist - because it is deemed racist to the gypsies! By using the word gypsies in that regard, you are saying that their lifestyle is something to be ashamed of, or is of a lower class. Hence your attempt at humour makes no sense, as people aren't saying it is racist to Swansea.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:35 pm

ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

The fact is that your comment isn't funny because you're completely missing the point of why people say it is racist - because it is deemed racist to the gypsies! By using the word gypsies in that regard, you are saying that their lifestyle is something to be ashamed of, or is of a lower class. Hence your attempt at humour makes no sense, as people aren't saying it is racist to Swansea.

Erm no fella, calling Gypsies Jacks is offensive to Gypsies in that they should in no way be referred to as low as Jacks....... stop trying to turn it into a racist topic pal :roll: and stick with the topic.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:38 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

Erm no fella, calling Gypsies Jacks is offensive to Gypsies in that they should in no way be referred to as low as Jacks....... stop trying to turn it into a racist topic pal :roll:

It already became a topic on racism when someone started discussing the "PC brigade". If you don't have either the education or the brains to comment on this then I'd move on.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 pm

:clap: possibly because you like to turn things into a PC thing, I am very well educated by the way and also have the brains to know when to see someone who will continue to harp on because they are always right in their own little world.

The topic has nothing to do with racism, it is based on what our FA Cup opponents manager has asked for at home yet you have managed to turn it into something else based on one line mentioning PC Brigade saying it was offensive to call Jacks Gypos.

You neither have the intelligence nor the common sense to try and turn something innocent into what your own lefty snowflake views are so may I suggest you stick to the topic Jeremy Corbyn!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:00 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote::clap: possibly because you like to turn things into a PC thing, I am very well educated by the way and also have the brains to know when to see someone who will continue to harp on because they are always right in their own little world.

The topic has nothing to do with racism, it is based on what our FA Cup opponents manager has asked for at home yet you have managed to turn it into something else based on one line mentioning PC Brigade saying it was offensive to call Jacks Gypos.

You neither have the intelligence nor the common sense to try and turn something innocent into what your own lefty snowflake views are so may I suggest you stick to the topic Jeremy Corbyn!

wow hang about, i vote labour and even i can see the non binary gender femanism in this status! (THATS A JOKE!!!)

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote::clap: possibly because you like to turn things into a PC thing, I am very well educated by the way and also have the brains to know when to see someone who will continue to harp on because they are always right in their own little world.

And I'm educated enough to know that when you start calling people names, you lose the argument.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 pm

ae15 wrote:

And I'm educated enough to know that when you start calling people names, you lose the argument.

I believe that would be you then by calling me uneducated :roll:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:29 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

wow hang about, i vote labour and even i can see the non binary gender femanism in this status! (THATS A JOKE!!!)

He or She? :D

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:30 pm

ae15 wrote:I'm sure from the sounds of that interview that those in charge have told Evans to big up the game for the extra TV money.

Is it a televised game? TV to choose from

Chelsea v Norwich
Leicester v Fleetwood
Mansfield v Cardiff
Reading v Stevenage
Swansea v Wolves
West Ham v Shrewsbury
Sheff Wed v Carlisle

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Danny Says wrote:
ae15 wrote:I'm sure from the sounds of that interview that those in charge have told Evans to big up the game for the extra TV money.

Chelsea v Norwich
Leicester v Fleetwood
Mansfield v Cardiff
Reading v Stevenage
Swansea v Wolves
West Ham v Shrewsbury
Sheff Wed v Carlisle

I am not sure I expect they will pick what they think will be the giant killing potentially, which is possibly us and the Jacks (sorry those lovely chaps from Swansea).

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:41 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

I believe that would be you then by calling me uneducated :roll:

a) That's a description, not a name.
b) "snowflake"

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 pm

:roll: OK I shall bow to your superiority, I did not realise it was an argument to win or lose. So you can win if it makes you happy. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm

ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ae15 wrote:

It is just a bit of light hearted humour. No need to get the thesaurus out and suck the life out of the convo.

Plus the jacks ARE a race. A mutant race of caravan dwelling invalids.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:44 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Chelsea v Norwich
Leicester v Fleetwood
Mansfield v Cardiff
Reading v Stevenage
Swansea v Wolves
West Ham v Shrewsbury
Sheff Wed v Carlisle

I am not sure I expect they will pick what they think will be the giant killing potentially, which is possibly us and the Jacks (sorry those lovely chaps from Swansea).

Who ... the gypo’s?
:lol:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 pm

lets hope we take a few next tuesday , and give them a nasty atmosphere. c,mon you blues

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm

ae15 / AV3 = Sad Old Roathy. Avoid chaps as he has issues and tissues