Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bumper pay day! or not..

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:09 pm

If we get to play this game... a full house of 33k for the Man city game,how much money will we make? £1m being thrown around..

Trying to simplify in my mind in round numbers .
33k x av ticket price £25=£825k
Less 45% to Man city leaving £454k
- estimate on costs like police, stewards,utilities etc 20%
Sub £404K#
Add prize money £90k
Not sure if Corp tax is paid at this point or on total revenue..
Sub £390K
Add on benefit of catering programmes etc guess av £5 per person £165k nett could be a lot more..

total pay into bank..£555K ish

some real unknowns about player bonus and other taxes...£1m seems a long way off ??

Re: bumper pay day! or not..

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Sloper Road wrote:If we get to play this game... a full house of 33k for the Man city game,how much money will we make? £1m being thrown around..

Sub £404K#
Add prize money £90k
Sub £390K
Add on benefit of catering programmes etc guess av £5 per person £165k nett could be a lot more..

some real unknowns about player bonus and other taxes...£1m seems a long way off ??

Hospitality will be massive for this full car park at 8 pound a pop there's loads of revenue streams especially a full house

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Sloper Road wrote:If we get to play this game... a full house of 33k for the Man city game,how much money will we make? £1m being thrown around..

Sub £404K#
Add prize money £90k
Sub £390K

the FA pool gets 10%...and the 90k is if we win the 4th round game.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Sub £404K#
Add prize money £90k
Sub £390K

Don't think your too far off but I think the TV and publishing revenues would be the major lump up.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

Sub £404K#
Add prize money £90k
Sub £390K

Don't think your too far off but I think the TV and publishing revenues would be the major lump up.

think its about 150k if shown live..

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 am

I think the club should charge £20 for season ticket holders and £40 for general sale. We know people will come to this game so let's make a bit, they've done free/cheap tickets in the past and people ain't returned the next game. Look after season ticket holders this time.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:49 am

You have to take into account a number of peoples season tickets include cup games for instance the sytner lounge season ticket holders so that income has already been had buy the club

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 am

Pencoed wrote:I think the club should charge £20 for season ticket holders and £40 for general sale. We know people will come to this game so let's make a bit, they've done free/cheap tickets in the past and people ain't returned the next game. Look after season ticket holders this time.

yeah, rip people off, way to go :roll:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Pencoed wrote:I think the club should charge £20 for season ticket holders and £40 for general sale. We know people will come to this game so let's make a bit, they've done free/cheap tickets in the past and people ain't returned the next game. Look after season ticket holders this time.

Why is it ripping people off, the club have given enough cheap tickets out so why shouldn't they make a bit a money out of those who will only turn up for MC if we beat Mansfield. I think its a good call though £40 a bit much, I would say £30 max.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am

We got to beat Mansfield first, but regarding prices. it will likely be £33 and something like £28 for season tickets.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Why is it ripping people off, the club have given enough cheap tickets out so why shouldn't they make a bit a money out of those who will only turn up for MC if we beat Mansfield. I think its a good call though £40 a bit much, I would say £30 max.

its not a money spinning tie, not really. wont make 1m off it unless theres a reply so whats the point?

15 quid is more than enough, get the ground full ffs :banghead: