Man City - A fanatastic opportunity

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 pm

If the club play this right, its a fantastic opportunity to make some serious cash and to get some extra support. Man city will be given an allocation of 5,000 thus making only 28,000 places available for City fans. As 14,000 of these go to season ticket holders, this will leave 14,000 for a game that will have a massive draw in South Wales. If the egg chasers can get 40,000 plus to watch the likes of Georgia, I am sure the lure of watching arguably the best team in the world at the moment will mean it will sell out in hours.

Make an announcement ASAP that anyone buying a ticket for the Sunderland game or a half season ticket is assured of a ticket for the Man City game should we go through. That should add 2 or 3k to the gate giving extra revenue of c.£35k, creating a much better atmosphere to that game game as well. Use part of that money (which they wouldn't otherwise have) to subsidise travel to Mansfield and possibly Sheffield Wednesday; thus increasing our chances of winning these games and creating goodwill at the same time. Don't know the exact price of a bus, but I do know 35K will pay for a heck of a lot of buses.

And if we get through (not a guarantee but we will be favourites) we are bound to clear £500k. That's money that the club will know it has some 14 days before the window closes and if spent wisely in the loan market (its a quality players someone wages of £30K a week to the end of the season) that could be the difference between going up or staying down. If we get beaten at Mansfield what have we lost? Nothing apart from a bit of face?

I appreciate that we could pick up injuries but that's football; we've picked up the odd injury in training this season-and the upside far outweighs the downside.
JJ1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Man City - A fanatastic opportunity

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

And if we lose to Mansfield?
1980s Bluebird

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:32 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:And if we lose to Mansfield?

I said all we lose is face.
JJ1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I dont think buying one ticket for Sunderland should guarantee you a ticket for Man City if and its a big at the moment we beat Mansfield, maybe a 6 ticket deal would be better.

Also they should be coming to watch Cardiff not Man City so effectively after that game if it happens we go back to normal crowd.

I applaud your thinking but I would rather a full house against the likes of Wolves, Bristol, Sheff utd than Man city
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:41 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:I dont think buying one ticket for Sunderland should guarantee you a ticket for Man City if and its a big at the moment we beat Mansfield, maybe a 6 ticket deal would be better.

Also they should be coming to watch Cardiff not Man City so effectively after that game if it happens we go back to normal crowd.

I applaud your thinking but I would rather a full house against the likes of Wolves, Bristol, Sheff utd than Man city

I like your idea (6 ticket deal) and also think the OP is on the right lines with his suggestion but the problem is that I don't see a sell-out regardless of any 'scheme' put in place, so the issue will only be one of sales priority, i.e. who gets their choice of seats first...and that will (rightly) always fall to season ticket holders :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:I dont think buying one ticket for Sunderland should guarantee you a ticket for Man City if and its a big at the moment we beat Mansfield, maybe a 6 ticket deal would be better.

Wouldn't we all like a full house in the Championship but its not happening. There's plenty of options around my post and club would need to consider not upsetting those who have come to some games. But would the plastics come to the Sunderland game? No it would be the floating supporter, those who probably would have come had it not been on sky, who the thought of a ticket for a possible fixture against Man City would probably sway it. Those who we need to attract on a regular basis.
JJ1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 am

Which would be the plastics (whatever that term really means)
1980s Bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 am

Don't get me wrong, I think your idea is spot on but I think it should be either 6 ticket deal or half season ticket to guarantee you a ticket for next round IF WE BEAT MANSFIELD.

I do not agree that a Sunderland ticket should guarantee a Cup ticket as after the cup game you wouldn't see them again, at least with a half season or 6 ticket deal we would have big crowds for the run in for the Championship. I think City have given enough cheap tickets away now without any benefit tbh.

Once Season ticket holders who should have priority and then those who went to Mansfield home and away and then those who went to Mansfield home and then 6 ticket deals have first shout after that it should based on Gold Members and then what is left on General sale. Just my opinion of course. :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby GRCCFC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 am

Personally don’t want to sound doom and gloom but I would rather we lose at Mansfield, squad isn’t big enough to have an extra game especially against Man City should we get through. They will give us the run around only for us to risk further injuries to our ever growing injury list.
GRCCFC

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 am

Sven wrote:

I like your idea (6 ticket deal) and also think the OP is on the right lines with his suggestion but the problem is that I don't see a sell-out regardless of any 'scheme' put in place, so the issue will only be one of sales priority, i.e. who gets their choice of seats first...and that will (rightly) always fall to season ticket holders :thumbright:

Chris I'm not sure if we'll sell out either tbh.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 am

GRCCFC wrote:Personally don’t want to sound doom and gloom but I would rather we lose at Mansfield, squad isn’t big enough to have an extra game especially against Man City should we get through. They will give us the run around only for us to risk further injuries to our ever growing injury list.

So you prefer us not to enter any cup competition? As that's only alternative :shock:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat