Why do Cardiff City want the Dutchman from Norwich City?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am

Who is Yanic Wildschut and why do Cardiff City want the Dutchman from Norwich City? -

By Ian Miltchelmore

Thursday 11th Jan 2018

He has scored just once in 20 appearances for the Canaries so far this season.

Yanic Wildschut looks set to become Cardiff City's major signing of the January transfer window.

But who exactly is the Dutchman and why do the Bluebirds want to bring the Dutchman to Cardiff City Stadium?

Who is Yanic Wildschut?

Yanic Wildschut is a 26-year-old Dutchman who currently plays for Championship side Norwich City.

What position does he play?

Wildschut is a winger and can operate on both flanks.

He is also capable of playing more centrally, and his versatility would no doubt be a huge plus for the Bluebirds.

Which clubs has he played for?

The Dutchman is a product of Ajax's famed youth academy, although he never featured for the Eredivisie giants' first team.

His professional bow came with FC Zwolle while he first came to prominence in the UK at Middlesbrough who he joined in 2014 after spells with VVV-Venlo and Heerenveen as well as a loan period at ADO Den Haag.

He moved to Wigan Athletic - who he joined on loan in the 2015-16 season - two years later having made just 16 appearances in all competitions for Boro.

Wildschut joined Norwich for a fee believed to be in the region of £7m during the 2017 January transfer window, putting pen to paper on a two-and-a-half year deal with the Canaries.

What is his goal return like?

The wideman's most productive campaign in-front of goal for a single side came in his homeland with VVV-Venlo where he netted six league goals during the 2011-12 campaign.

Wildschut enjoyed a magnificent 2015-16 season, scoring a total of 10 goals in all competitions, nine of which came for Wigan who won the League One title.

However, he has scored just once in 20 appearances for the Canaries so far this season.

Why do Cardiff City want him?

Kadeem Harris is yet to feature for the first team this season having suffered an ankle injury in the 4-0 pre-season win over Livingston at Cardiff City Stadium in the summer.

And ahead of the FA Cup third round clash with Mansfield Town in the Welsh capital last Saturday, Warnock revealed the winger had been given injections to solve a groin problem.

So with Anthony Pilkington looking destined for the exit door, it would leave Cardiff with just three out-and-out wingers in Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett and Liam Feeney in their first team.

Rhys Healey operated on the left side of a front three against the Stags in the FA Cup, although he is more naturally suited to a striker role.

How has he become available?

Wildschut was signed by Alex Neil on deadline day of the 2017 winter window, but the Scot was sacked by the Canaries just weeks after the Dutchman completed his move to Norfolk.

It was reported at the end of the 2016-17 campaign that the Canaries were looking to offload Wildschut who is thought to have been among the club's best earners.

And the 26-year-old has desperately struggled for game time under German boss Daniel Farke so far this term.

Wildschut has started on just seven occasions for Norwich in all competitions so far this season and he has completed the full match in just two of his 20 appearances for the Canaries.
Attachments
GettyImages-865964720.jpg
GettyImages-865964720.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: He has scored just once in 20 appearances for the Canari

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am

Could be a real gem this lad, Wigan mate said he's the dogs danglies when given a run of games, pacy and loves taking on a man, just what we need :bluescarf:

Welcome aboard Yannick
Wolfpac

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

Wolfpac wrote:Could be a real gem this lad, Wigan mate said he's the dogs danglies when given a run of games, pacy and loves taking on a man, just what we need :bluescarf:

Welcome aboard Yannick

The same was said about Tomlin, look how that has turned out! :bluescarf: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Could be a real gem this lad, Wigan mate said he's the dogs danglies when given a run of games, pacy and loves taking on a man, just what we need :bluescarf:

Welcome aboard Yannick

The same was said about Tomlin, look how that has turned out! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tomlin has not had a run of games though.

Plus different type of players in different positions.

Think Yanic will be a good player for us, but who knows. He will be keen to make an impression and get a summer move away from Norwich. Little doubt we needed some more pace and directness in the team.
AfricanBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am

He's a winger not ment to score goals we want him to cross the ball
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Llantwit Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

This guy is a winger, and has pace to burn.

I would go as far to say he is as quick as ML. He's not there to score goals but to provide.

The prerequisite for all wingers is you must have pace and be able to beat your man.

With an arm around him and a bit of Love off our Neil this could be a good bit of businesses.

A Governor in the middle of the park and a proven Championship striker and I think we will be back on track.
Llantwit Blue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Welcome aboard Yannick

Tomlin has not had a run of games though.

Plus different type of players in different positions.

Think Yanic will be a good player for us, but who knows. He will be keen to make an impression and get a summer move away from Norwich. Little doubt we needed some more pace and directness in the team.

Hopefully he will be
1980s Bluebird

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:This guy is a winger, and has pace to burn.

I would go as far to say he is as quick as ML. He's not there to score goals but to provide.

The prerequisite for all wingers is you must have pace and be able to beat your man.

With an arm around him and a bit of Love off our Neil this could be a good bit of businesses.

A Governor in the middle of the park and a proven Championship striker and I think we will be back on track.

Totally agree mate, definitely need some definition and fire to help Rallsy and a striker is a must.
Wolfpac

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:.

Exactly. Scoring is a bonus. Providing is his job.
Danny Says

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am

Superb loan signing from what I have seen. Not been given a great chance at Norwich. Hope this one come off. Focus on centre.mid.and striker and we are done...
boyo1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am

boyo1927 wrote:Superb loan signing from what I have seen. Not been given a great chance at Norwich. Hope this one come off. Focus on centre.mid.and striker and we are done...

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Re: Why do Cardiff City want the Dutchman from Norwich City?

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

2 goals in 15 for Norwich in (according to Wiki)

10 goals from 46 for Wigan

I remember when we signed Rossco everyone kicking off how his scoring record was poor and in a poor league, that one turned out ok.

To me it looks like he was great for Wigan but it hasn’t quite worked out for him this season at Norwich, that happens with players. Could be he just hasn’t fit in or could be the style of play. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a club, doesn’t make them a bad player just means they need a chance. Lets be honest if he was flying for Norwich he wouldn't be available for loan and his value would have probably doubled.

He is pacy so would fit right in, our wingers are generally more involved so out style of play may suit him more.

I would agree a winger isn’t a priority but it is a position in my opinion that is required if Harris is still not looking like coming back and Mendez-Laing awfully out of form. Maybe the type of player that would give the team and fans a boost as well, someone who can get the ball and make things happen.
2blue2handle

Re: Why do Cardiff City want the Dutchman from Norwich City?

Postby Cantonblu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Why do we want a winger to cross the ball in...there's nobody capable of burying it,we need striker's asap!
Cantonblu

Return to General Chat