Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Bolton boss on Madine's future “

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Bolton boss on Madine's future

11/01/18

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson says he would be “crazy” to sell star striker Gary Madine.

The striker has been heavily linked with a move to Cardiff City in this window, with the Bluebirds understood to have already had a bid knocked back.

Sunderland are also believed to be interested, although Parkinson is adamant that the 27-year-old will stay at the Macron.

“Bids have been offered by a club but the chairman and myself really want to keep Gaz.I feel he wants to stay with us and that he’s developing as a player.
“He is getting better all the time and we’re pleased with his progress.
“As I have said in all my press conferences over the last few weeks, I really think it would be crazy to sell one of our best players.”

Re: “ Bolton boss on Madine's future “

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Quote (Parkinson): "I feel he wants to stay with us and that he’s developing as a player..."

That's not saying he said he wants to stay or that he will ;)

Maybe some mileage in this one yet, if a mutually agreeable financial deal can be done? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:Quote (Parkinson): "I feel he wants to stay with us and that he’s developing as a player..."

Maybe some mileage in this one yet, if a mutually agreeable financial deal can be done? :ayatollah:

With Pilkington going in the other direction you mean? You could be right.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:Quote (Parkinson): "I feel he wants to stay with us and that he’s developing as a player..."

With Pilkington going in the other direction you mean? You could be right.

Rick, I did :thumbright:

I think Pilkington's wages could be the stumbling block but could be this isn't over just yet :ayatollah: