CITY CONTEMPLATING IPSWICH'S KEVIN BRU?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 am

Cardiff City interested in Ipswich Town midfielder Kevin Bru – reports
By Jordan Jones

Saturday 13th Jan 2018

Cardiff City are amongst a number of clubs interested in signing Ipswich Town midfielder Kevin Bru.

Neil Warnock has identified a center-midfielder as one of the positions he needs to fill and Bru could fit the bill.

The Bluebirds have made two signings this transfer window but Neil Warnock is seeking reinforcements to bolster his side’s chances of promotion to the Premier League.

French Football say that Cardiff City are interested in the Mauritius international. A number of Belgium clubs, alongside Ligue One strugglers Toulouse and Saint-Etienne are also interested in his services.

Bru almost made the move away from Portman Road back in the summer, but a move to Toulouse fell through.

Any move for the midfielder may hinge on Ipswich Town’s movement in the transfer market as they look to do some transfer business of their own.

“No, I’ve no intention of that happening. That might change if somebody comes in and offers him a three-year deal somewhere, he might want to go, but that’s not been the case,” said Mick McCarthy ahead of their game with Leeds United this weekend.

The 29 year-old has made just 9 appearances for the Suffolk based side this season, incuding the 3-1 away defeat to Cardiff City back in October. Bru was used by Ipswich in their last match, in a 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United.

Bru joined English football back in 2014 having moved from Bulgarian side Levski Sofia. Since then he has accumulated 93 appearances for the Tractor Boys, scoring three goals in the process.
Attachments
Bru.jpg
Bru.jpg (45.11 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CITY CONTEMPLATING IPSWICH'S KEVIN BRU?

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 am

Have to say, I'd like this one to be true! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 am

Sven wrote:Have to say, I'd like this one to be true! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Why is he any good?
I don't know who he is :laughing6:
Jasonccfc

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:33 am

Jasonccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:Have to say, I'd like this one to be true! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Why is he any good?

I can't help you not knowing who he is! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

In an article I read previously, I recalled Mick McCarthy rating him highly previously but has left him out of the team since he asked for a transfer, so hopefully he would be chomping at the bit. I think he would be a good addition to the squad and his stats say he is a decent player who can pass the ball around well :thumbright:
Sven

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 am

Agent talk no better than we have already.

A leader we need somebody to pull the strings a right horrible b*stard who can win the ball.
Llantwit Blue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:Agent talk no better than we have already.

A leader we need somebody to pull the strings a right horrible b*stard who can win the ball.

Totally agree, if Warnock can get a quality midfielder in and get Gunner back we can still finish in top 2
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby norms76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:19 am

He’s a decent midfielder but I’d rather Adam Forshaw out the of the two that have been mentioned over the last few days.
norms76

Postby nojac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 am

The trouble with getting a dominant midfielder and a right horrible barsteward , who can pull all the strings ,they are few and far between. Its like searching for the holy grail.

Also in January they can be expensive as most clubs need one.
Also if you have one , why do you want to get rid of him ?

Hopefully NW is working on getting one in.
Because if we get him , we all know that's the missing link.

Could well be the difference between top two and top six, or even missing out altogether.
nojac

Postby Alan_in_China » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am

Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Why is he any good?

In an article I read previously, I recalled Mick McCarthy rating him highly previously but has left him out of the team since he asked for a transfer, so hopefully he would be chomping at the bit. I think he would be a good addition to the squad and his stats say he is a decent player who can pass the ball around well :thumbright:

You've not seen him play then, right? It seems like you've done some research on the player since it's been rumoured that we have come in for him.
Alan_in_China

Postby City Slicker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 am

Kevin is a Brubird, Kevin is a Brubird, La la la la, la la la la
City Slicker

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am

Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Why is he any good?

You've not seen him play then, right? It seems like you've done some research on the player since it's been rumoured that we have come in for him.

The first line was a 'tongue in cheek' response to the comment made by JasonCCFC but I think you knew that! ;)

The rest is correct. I recalled (as stated) Mick McCarthy talking about the player some time in the past, so looked him (Bru) up to see what the situation was. It seems he has fallen out of favour at Ipswich due to his 'available' status and he want a move away.

From what I saw, I think he'd fit into our midfield, so are you saying research is wrong? :?
Sven

Postby davids » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Any relation to Irn Bru?
davids

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:10 pm

davids wrote:Any relation to Irn Bru?

His Scottish cousin! ;) :thumbright: :laughing6:
Sven

Postby Alan_in_China » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 am

Sven wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Why is he any good?

The first line was a 'tongue in cheek' response to the comment made by JasonCCFC but I think you knew that! ;)

The rest is correct. I recalled (as stated) Mick McCarthy talking about the player some time in the past, so looked him (Bru) up to see what the situation was. It seems he has fallen out of favour at Ipswich due to his 'available' status and he want a move away.

From what I saw, I think he'd fit into our midfield, so are you saying research is wrong? :?

Not at all :thumbup: My apologies, I can see now what it was you meant, sorry. :occasion5:
Alan_in_China

Return to General Chat