Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Critics of Paterson "

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 am

How on earth can he have any critics, he gives 100% in every game win nearly all balls in the air, tackles well and is a threat in the oppositions are. If we had eleven like him we would walk this league.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 am

I think a lot of people, including myself, forgot that he had no pre-season and would take a fair while adapting to the Championship. He has been a revelation and, with Jazz lying deep, proved yesterday he can play in that central role. He's superb in the air and surging forward.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Was there any real criticism ? He is a wingback, but not this season

Definitely was. After the Preston game.

After the game he was shit in you mean?

But Wankers picked one bad game to say he was shit as opposed to having an off day

Wankers?

He has looked out of position a few times this season.

I haven't heard any personal attacks or unfair criticism, just that people thought he was playing in the wrong position or that he needs a pre-season to coach him into a new role. Something I still stand by until he puts the performances in consistently against decent opposition.

He has a good game against bottom of the league and your calling all those people wankers? I think you've showed us who the wanker is!

I’m frustrated at the people who constantly get on the backs of our players. There was definitely unfair criticism of Paterson. If I could be arsed I’d go and find the actual words but I’m not. It’s endemic after a loss or two with our fans.

Yes Sunderland are bottom but their form is a lot better lately and Cattermole is no mug. Ralls and Paterson made us tick.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 am

I do like paterson, proper warnock blood and guts type player, not sure hes long term man for centre midfield though, anyone think he can make the right back spot his own cant fault bruno tho

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Brilliant today, don’t forget he’s recently come back from a serious injury as well.

Always had a class about him.

Usuals just wanted to show the negatives. He was overweight, slow etc.

Listen for once, firstly i have always liked Paterson, he had a great game yesterday however recently not so good, which could be be down to injury, but people on here just like yourself are allowed to express their opinions and if a player is playing great they say so likewise if they are not playing well or even more importantly don't put a shift in they will also comment on this. The same applies to Zohore who in my opinion hasn't been putting a shift in which again could be down to a lack of fittnes, but was alot better yesterday, in my opinon :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:17 pm

I thought he was great and think that he has something, but to me still not got the fitness and has a little bit of extra weight on him.

But its nice to have goals coming from all different type of players

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

This may surprise some on here but we don't buy world beaters (at the moment) so give our new(er) players chance to bed in, find their form and make a difference! ;)

I'm with 'maccydee' on this one and it's clear many are far too ready to criticise (pretty much all players at some point) either for 'sport' or on a whim and it's way OTT

Paterson is clearly a good player for Neil Warnock's Cardiff City and will get better as he gets used to playing in competitive matches rather than in the one-team League from which he came

I was pleased that Yanic Wildschut had a decent few minutes on Saturday and showed the direct approach the manager said he would bring. In a twisted way, it's made him 'popular' with supporters already but I'm sure the first time he places a missed pass the usual suspects will be straight on his back! :(

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 am

Had a decent game, critics of Paterson could easily pick up on his poor positioning when we had the ball though, missed plenty of opportunities to get into space to receive that ball that he didn't take. Warnock's tactical masterclass works again, why have centre mids playing when you can just stick fullbacks in there, who know how to mark, and simply mark Cattermole and Gooch out of the game!