Page 1 of 1

Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 pm
by Tonteg Bluebird
Very good to have him back. The quality of his distribution in particular has been sorely missed. Some games have felt like watching a tennis match with the ball flying in the air from one end to the other.

Richards always does a solid defensive job, but he rarely wastes possession. Richards has the ability and composure to accurately find a player to bring the midfield into the game.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm
by Bluebird Warrior
much prefer him to Peltier. Just as good defensively and miles better going forward and doesn't waste possession like Peltier does.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm
by OriginalGrangeEndBlue
Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:28 pm
by Tonteg Bluebird
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.


First time for everything. :laughing6: :thumbright:

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:37 pm
by Igovernor
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.


First time for everything. :laughing6: :thumbright:


Are you feeling ok ? :laughing6:

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm
by sid61284
Superb today.

He seemed to have a free role, covering left back when Bennett was going forward.

In defence he seemed to have the job if man marking their number 27 (Gooch). He was never more than 2 yards away from him and followed him everywhere. Resulting in their lad being substituted on the hour as he couldn't get a sniff.

Well played Jazz.

Possibly the defensive midfielder we have been looking for? I'd certainly try him just in front of the back 4

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm
by OriginalGrangeEndBlue
Igovernor wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.


First time for everything. :laughing6: :thumbright:


Are you feeling ok ? :laughing6:


I must be coming down with something!
:lol:

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm
by 2blue2handle
Our best right back.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 pm
by paulh_85
2blue2handle wrote:Our best right back.



Peltier>richards

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm
by 2blue2handle
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Our best right back.



Peltier>richards


Not for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I can see why Peltier is used in certain games though. He is a strong player.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm
by paulh_85
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Our best right back.



Peltier>richards


Not for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I can see why Peltier is used in certain games though. He is a strong player.



I like my fullbacks to be able to defend... I know that’s old fashioned :lol:

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm
by 2blue2handle
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Our best right back.



Peltier>richards


Not for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I can see why Peltier is used in certain games though. He is a strong player.



I like my fullbacks to be able to defend... I know that’s old fashioned :lol:


I don't think Jazz is a bad defender. They have to be able to defend but now I think it's also important they can offer something going forward. Horses for courses, but if I could only keep one it would be jazz.

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 pm
by Stringfellow
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Very good to have him back. The quality of his distribution in particular has been sorely missed. Some games have felt like watching a tennis match with the ball flying in the air from one end to the other.

Richards always does a solid defensive job, but he rarely wastes possession. Richards has the ability and composure to accurately find a player to bring the midfield into the game.


Our best full back by a country mile even if he is a JB, good to see him back. :thumbup:

Re: Jazz Richards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm
by englishbluebird
Played a massive but underappreciated role in our improvement last season.
When fit should always be among the first names on the teamsheet for me- solid all round