Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Morrison our most important player

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

He might not stand out from game to game, and he has come under alot of flak from some, but I genuinely believe Morrison is our most important player. It's no coincidence that our terrible run of form came when he was out injured. Manga and Bamba as a centre back duo just didn't work as well as some had hoped, and we saw just how important morrisons captaincy is. We looked solid at the back today and before he was injured we had the best defence in the championship. It might be an unpopular opinion, but if we were to vote for player of the season right now, he would get my vote.

Re: Morrison our most important player

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 pm

We are a much stronger side with him in it for sure

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm

I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Very pleased to see him back.
Him and Bamba in defence is the reason we have conceded so few goals this season.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Sven wrote:I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:

Definitely and don't forget how many goàls he chips in with

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Be Blue wrote:He might not stand out from game to game, and he has come under alot of flak from some, but I genuinely believe Morrison is our most important player. It's no coincidence that our terrible run of form came when he was out injured. Manga and Bamba as a centre back duo just didn't work as well as some had hoped, and we saw just how important morrisons captaincy is. We looked solid at the back today and before he was injured we had the best defence in the championship. It might be an unpopular opinion, but if we were to vote for player of the season right now, he would get my vote.
Totally agree, the team seems to play a lot better when he is playing.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 am

was held blatantly by o shea for pattersons opening goal.
definately a penalty.
thought he was taking him for a dance lol

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 am

I wasn't a big fan initially, just like Mark Hudson really - nobody rated him either until he had a season or so with us and became the first name on the team sheet and captain dependable. Morrison has been highly rated by all the managers we have had since he signed and I like the way he showed his commitment to the club by signing a long term deal when Sheff Wed were sniffing around.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Sven wrote:I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:

Mark Hudson used to get the same criticism, but in reality they are the Backbone of our team, IMO one of our unsung heros just hope he stays fit :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Mark Hudson used to get the same criticism, but in reality they are the Backbone of our team, IMO one of our unsung heros just hope he stays fit :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Poster the same thing the other day, the stick Hudson used to get was insane then he came good and an outcry he was leaving.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 am

Almost like I've been saying Morrison > Manga for years!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

It's about time he got recognition. Key player. O'Shea was pulling him every corner we had....couldn't handle him! The ref failed (or chose not)to spot it!
The comparison with Huds is apt.
Post a reply