Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

“ Zohore watch “

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:11 pm

“ ZOHORE WATCH “

Was better today not just in terms of ability but he moved a little more and put more of a shift in. We know he can't head the ball, so can't be critical of that. It won't do him any harm if a striker is brought in, yanic can do a decent job.

I genuinely believe an in form hungry zahore is the difference between play offs and top two, yes we have flaws like most teams in the division and plenty have decent strikers but the zahore of half of last season was unplayable at times and he carried us at times. I do hope his head is right and he can recapture that form.

Overall today 7/10 opinions?

Re: Zohore watch

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Was better today not just in terms of ability but he moved a little more and put more of a shift in. We know he can't head the ball, so can't be critical of that. It won't do him any harm if a striker is brought in, yanic can do a decent job.

I genuinely believe an in form hungry zahore is the difference between play offs and top two, yes we have flaws like most teams in the division and plenty have decent strikers but the zahore of half of last season was unplayable at times and he carried us at times. I do hope his head is right and he can recapture that form.

I think he's lacking in confidence and the right service! they keep putting ball in air and him facing away from goal! which is pointless as you say cannot head a ball, but give him a ball to feet and facing goal he's effective as shown in 2nd goal. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 pm

I am not sure of the stats but last season having a passer in the team and understanding he is not traditional battering ram helped him reach the form that got us excited.

Today he reminded us what he is, an inside forward who wants to play in the space between the right back and centre half. Unless we get a midfield passer in the next two weeks then Tomlin has to be a starter as he can lock into our Kenny's strengths

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I am not sure of the stats but last season having a passer in the team and understanding he is not traditional battering ram helped him reach the form that got us excited.

Today he reminded us what he is, an inside forward who wants to play in the space between the right back and centre half. Unless we get a midfield passer in the next two weeks then Tomlin has to be a starter as he can lock into our Kenny's strengths

Have to agree with that post, I think sometimes a tendency to hit the big guy but that's not his strength. He's decent if it comes to feet or chest height and he's going to get balls in the air as any striker will, but we know his strengths.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Worked hard but no service.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Was better today not just in terms of ability but he moved a little more and put more of a shift in. We know he can't head the ball, so can't be critical of that. It won't do him any harm if a striker is brought in, yanic can do a decent job.

He’s got to be looking to impress to try and make the Denmark World Cup squad, and needs a big end of season. Much better today though

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Thought he was poor apart from his set up for ralls goal ,he just isn't the player he was before his injury ,he's not closing down enough he's very poor in the air and not busting a gut to get in the box Any more

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 am

It is absolutely no use playing the ball up to him in the air, he is an embarrassment trying to head the ball. Can't our coaching staff teach him to head the ball, it is not that difficult. We have to play the ball down the channels so he can use his pace and strength to turn defenders. Having said that, if he is not prepared to put the effort in then forget him. :banghead:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 am

He ran abit yeh excellent pass for the Ralls goal but when the balls launched at him he’s go a touch like a ball rebounding off of a wall doesn’t hold the ball up at all pointless

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 am

llan bluebird wrote:I am not sure of the stats but last season having a passer in the team and understanding he is not traditional battering ram helped him reach the form that got us excited.

Who was this / passer last season ?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 am

Up until his brilliant set up for Ralls, I thought he was really poor.

Constantly mistimed headers, ball bouncing off him but generally just didn’t look interested. Barely any movement from him either in attack or defending from the front - it’s one thing saying he doesn’t get the service, but equally he doesn’t go looking for the ball either. He has to impose himself on the game more consistently and be less static.

After the set up (which was superb), he improved but still a 5/10 for me.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 am

I thought the ‘not interested’ theory has been proven wrong and he did all he could with pretty poor service yesterday.

I wish Etheridge would occasionally roll the ball out during games as this constant long ball kicking is useless. Zahore certainly can’t head the ball or flick it on in those situations and Manga was often asking for the ball short from the keeper.
It’s possibly Warnocks instructions but I wish they’d vary it.

Re: “ Zohore watch “

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

Think we should keep pilks to better than bogle and hopefully push big ken on.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 am

A bit better but way off his form from last season, but at least he looked a bit more interested and did well in the build up for the Ralls goal :bluescarf: :ayatollah: Just for the record i want him to do well and when does i will say so and hopefully when he does hit form again it could be the difference between Automatic Promotion and the Play Offs :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am

What Zohore needs to do is listen a little more to Warnock and a little less to his grasping self serving agent.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Gunnarsson

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:Worked hard but no service.

I will say though the one time he did get a tidy pass he hand crafted the Ralls assist

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:35 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I thought the ‘not interested’ theory has been proven wrong and he did all he could with pretty poor service yesterday.

I wish Etheridge would occasionally roll the ball out during games as this constant long ball kicking is useless. Zahore certainly can’t head the ball or flick it on in those situations and Manga was often asking for the ball short from the keeper.

agree.
regarding Etheridge though ,looking at the game stats Sven put up for yesterdays game even winning 4 goals to nil against 10 men we still ended up with less posession than Sunderland.i think that spells out what our manager thinks about keeping the ball in our own half.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 pm

City Slicker wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Gunnarsson

:lol: :lol: You know i never meant Gunnar, but as limited as his passing range is at least he is a genuine CM and occasionally plays a worldly but more often than not plays someone in. Damour and Bryson are busy hasslers but not really passers.

I am in no doubt that Ralls and a fit Gunnar will knock it into the space Kenny thrives.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I thought the ‘not interested’ theory has been proven wrong and he did all he could with pretty poor service yesterday.

Don't blame Etheridge for ignoring Manga. The less time he spends on the ball the better!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 am

NyeBluebird wrote:

Don't blame Etheridge for ignoring Manga. The less time he spends on the ball the better!

Manga is a class act!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:31 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:

Absolute nonsense.
Manga is a class footballer who rarely hoofs the the ball up front and is excellent on the ball.
Funny how he played a delightful little ball in for Pilkingtons goal on Saturday!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 am

nubbsy wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:

Manga is a class act!

Has he learned how to defend yet?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 am

bluespeers wrote:

A bit better but way off his form from last season, but at least he looked a bit more interested and did well in the build up for the Ralls goal :bluescarf: :ayatollah: Just for the record i want him to do well and when does i will say so and hopefully when he does hit form again it could be the difference between Automatic Promotion and the Play Offs :ayatollah:

How was he at Mansfield ???

Let's hope he is at it today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:54 am

NyeBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:

Manga is a class act!

Has he learned how to defend yet?

No he can’t defend that’s why he’s a constant in defence either as a centre half or a fullback.
Warnock always plays him as a Defender but what does Warnock know?
Post a reply